Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

dan428

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2018
Personally I would want the thinnest case possible, which I did find one on Amazon recently I’m interested in.. basically has the thickness of paper.

But one of the main reasons I’ve gotten cases in the past is so that the phone would lie flat by making up for the camera bump. I’ve used the same case on my iPhone X for years. These new phones though the camera bump is so huge that it’s no longer possible for the case to make up for it without being ridiculously thick. The other big reason I used case was to add magnetic plate for mounting in car. I’m HOPING that the MagSafe in the new iPhones allow it to mount without a case? I haven’t confirmed this but I’ll find out soon.

So I might just not bother getting a case, or I’ll get one just for the occasion of when I know I’ll be outside for long periods. These screens are way more durable than the old phones so it would take a lot to break them, and the back is actually affordable to replace now with the 15 pro so it wouldn’t be the end of the world if it cracked.

Reactions: VSMacOne

UnjustifiedBot

macrumors 6502
May 27, 2008
USA
Just got the synthesis. It’s decent. I don’t like that the back feels more plasticy than the sheath, the extra camera square looks cheap, the fact there’s no micro lining inside is a poor choice on caudabes side. The only plus is the grip bumps on the side. They should’ve just incorporated the bumps all over the case and put micro lining in it and avoided the extra camera square.

dan428

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2018
Hey guys! I know it’s been mentioned , but, if anyone happens to get one of the CASETiFY bounces , would love to see pics and hear opinion. I get it that it’s overpriced but after hearing about the fragile titanium I’m willing to pay a one-time piece of mind for drop protection 😁
The titanium might be "fragile" in that it will probably scratch a bit easier than stainless steel, but I’m sure it’s a lot hardier than aluminum. So calling it fragile is definitely not accurate. From what I’ve seen it’s more of an issue with the darker colors as the outer plating can come off (part of why I went with natural color, scratches are a lot less visible)

FWIW, my iPhone X with shiny stainless steel sides are showing light scratches all over FROM MY CASE rubbing against it over the years (no felt lining).. also likely from residue getting stuck into the sides

Joe123Joe

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2022
Hey guys! I know it’s been mentioned , but, if anyone happens to get one of the CASETiFY bounces , would love to see pics and hear opinion. I get it that it’s overpriced but after hearing about the fragile titanium I’m willing to pay a one-time piece of mind for drop protection 😁
I got one on the way. Will be reporting back once it arrives. 🫡

Joe123Joe

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2022
Stacey, how did you get Caudabe to reply to your email so quick that day you messaged them about receiving the charger instead of your Lucid?? I emailed them like 3 days ago and still haven’t heard a peep. I can’t lie, it Kind of leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Reactions: DelBoySmiffy

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
2 for $9.99 metal camera protectors look just as good as the Ringke one. Same 3M adhesive on the back but the inside edges seem to have a bevel instead of a flat edge.

pt01.jpg
pt02.jpg
pt03.jpg

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
Stacey, how did you get Caudabe to reply to your email so quick that day you messaged them about receiving the charger instead of your Lucid?? I emailed them like 3 days ago and still haven’t heard a peep. I can’t lie, it Kind of leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
I don’t know. I didn’t expect them to respond until sometime next week. I guess they didn’t want me leaving a bad review thinking my order was mixed up. I know they said they are overwhelmed with orders and emails. I’m still waiting for the confirmation email for my replacement Synthesis and the code for the free Synthesis with the action button.

Reactions: shr631

thelookingglass

macrumors 68020
Apr 27, 2005
She has BIG Caudabe clout which we don't have ;)

Lol, I don't have "BIG" (or any) Caudabe clout, but I got a response within a day earlier this week. I do order quite a bit from them so there's that. I wouldn't be surprised if most companies keep tabs on customers who order a lot.

roflc0pter

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2010
Caudabe order arrived! I decided to ask them to swap the grey sheath for a blue synthesis, and they honored it! Here is the celestial blue synthesis on the white iPhone, I’d say it looks pretty good, and the feel in the hand is top notch. Customer service emailed me yesterday and gave me a code for 100% off the version with a button once they become available, and you just pay the shipping. No complaints here!
So that confirms that the action button version will not be entirely free? Have to pay for shipping at the very least

Also might want to check back a couple of pages with the MagSafe issue on Synthesis cases

UnjustifiedBot

macrumors 6502
May 27, 2008
USA
You know what's funny, I totally forgot about them. What happened to them? They used to be all the rage. I remember them taking up rows of shelf space at Apple stores.
Last ones I had was the evo lux and the max for the 13pm. If they would still make it (lux), I’d buy one. But I don’t want a slimy plastic case (evo check).

Reactions: Hooterville

rulymammoth

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2015
So that confirms that the action button version will not be entirely free? Have to pay for shipping at the very least

Also might want to check back a couple of pages with the MagSafe issue on Synthesis cases

I don't know what the deal is with those other people, but my Synthesis works great. A buddy of mine got two for his wife and himself. They have had no problems either as far as they can tell.

I'll probably still go back to the Sheath because of how much I love it, but as I said earlier I'm really liking the Synthesis. Feels so solid. I even dropped it (accidentally of course) and nary a scuff on the thing. I'm really liking the side dots for grip.

rulymammoth

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2015
Just got the synthesis. It’s decent. I don’t like that the back feels more plasticy than the sheath, the extra camera square looks cheap, the fact there’s no micro lining inside is a poor choice on caudabes side. The only plus is the grip bumps on the side. They should’ve just incorporated the bumps all over the case and put micro lining in it and avoided the extra camera square.

Yeah, the Sheath does feel marginally better overall, but I'm really liking those side grips. So much so that it really makes the case for me. I don't mind the "extra camera square" at all. One of the reasons I like Caudabe cases is because they're good at keeping designs simple and classy, but with some character. I can't stand most cases because they just look so excessive. Probably Caudabe and Nomad have the cleanest looking cases if I had to choose. Everyone else likes to put random lines, grooves and whatnot on their cases. (Looking at you, UAG)

Still probably a Sheath guy deep down though, I will admit. But, this Synthesis is a close second.

TotalMacMove

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2013
USA
Sticking with my spigen ultra hybrid magfit which I love until then.

View attachment 2285114

The andar aspen had so much color transfer when i had it on my iphone 12. All of my magsafe chargers turned permanently brown & All my pockets on light colored clothing stained as well. Went to bullstrap and had a much better experience in terms of quality. The magnet on andar was also weak.

rulymammoth

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2015
The andar aspen had so much color transfer when i had it on my iphone 12. All of my magsafe chargers turned permanently browns. All my pockets on light colored clothing were stained as well. Went to bullstrap and had a much better experience in terms of quality. The magnet on andar was also weak.

Wow, really? Are these the official MagSafe chargers? You're talking about the white circular part right? I don't think I've ever heard of a case actually color transfer on to some other object.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.