Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

DisraeliGears

macrumors regular
Nov 8, 2015
Anybody have experience with the Pad and Quill Traveler Wallet Case? I had great luck with the pocket book version for my iPhone 11 (4 years, still strong) but I'd like to switch the the smaller and lighter version. With the action button hubub though, if anyone has put hands on it, does it accommodate the button alright?

Joe123Joe

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2022
Is it coming from China via DHL?
Yes Sir, patience isn’t my strong suit so I paid for the upgraded DHL shipping… I mean what’s another 10-15 bucks when you’re already spending that kind of coin… I must have SUCKER tattooed on my forehead… this thing better be good!

Joe123Joe

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2022
I don’t know. I didn’t expect them to respond until sometime next week. I guess they didn’t want me leaving a bad review thinking my order was mixed up. I know they said they are overwhelmed with orders and emails. I’m still waiting for the confirmation email for my replacement Synthesis and the code for the free Synthesis with the action button.
Ah I didn’t realize I had to ask for the code for the action button version. I’ll have to send another email that will go unanswered lol

Joe123Joe

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2022
Thank you for taking one for the team. All I want to know is how you can stomach that price and how you can stomach that beast of a case. haha
I’m still searching for answers on that myself. But I’m an electrician and can never have too much protection being up on ladders, lifts, roofs… so the size of it doesn’t matter to me if it’s going to keep my phone from breaking. Go watch the EAP video for this year. Waist height, first drop, TOAST 🍞

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
The Sythesis, but I wanted to exchange for the Sheath. Stupidly forgot that they only put the soft lining on the sheath… and I want my free action button code now too!
They’ll make it right. I do wish the Synthesis had the soft lining. Hopefully we’ll get our code for the free code next week.

Reactions: Joe123Joe

darrinS

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011
So Cal
Anybody have experience with the Pad and Quill Traveler Wallet Case? I had great luck with the pocket book version for my iPhone 11 (4 years, still strong) but I'd like to switch the the smaller and lighter version. With the action button hubub though, if anyone has put hands on it, does it accommodate the button alright?
i had one of their cases without the wallet, but the same case. the leather is high quality. beautiful case really. nice to hold, very protective. the only thing is it’s a large case. the edges extend well beyond the screen. i didn’t use for very long cause at the time i wanted to attach a lanyard to my case. and i kept seeing @Hooterville pics of all the cases he was buying and fomo kicked in. but i liked it.

Joe123Joe

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2022
View attachment 2285584
Just got the gripzilla. They changed a few things about it, most importantly the buttons. They added slits on both sides of the buttons.
I have the all black. Love it. Like it more than my Mous that cost more than double lol. But you are right, the buttons are great this year… very clicky and responsive

Reactions: AE14

dmccombs

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2013
Damn I absolutely love this case!

Frosted back (less finger prints than clear)

Perfect blue to complement the blue phone and allowing the color to really shine!

Metal buttons that are super clicky (reminds me Apple’s Leather case or now FineWoven metal buttons) and nice shade of blue that again complements the phone so well and the little touch of orange in the action button looks great!

Perfect cutouts for the speakers on the bottom and comfortable on the pinky

It has MagSafe and it is a perfect blue that blends right in (instead of standout white)

Not bulky at all

Super comfortable in hand and nice soft feel and not super slippery like most clear cases

Very nice fit as well, looks really premium

55badd0f10d2876b0cf2b37837e86280.jpg

Do you think this case or the Sheath is thinner/lighter? If you had to pick just one of these to keep, as your only case, which would you choose? TIA...

vine-boating

macrumors 68020
Aug 10, 2017
I had the High Volta one last year for the 14PM and the back was surprisingly grippy. Maybe with wet hands it might be slippery. If Nomad would only fix those nasty cutouts on the bottom :oops:

This is the one I had:

View attachment 2285566
How are the buttons? Are they clicky and not stiff/you have to press hard?
What's wrong with the cutouts? Are they too big?
Thinking of ordering this for my 15 Pro.

dchoco

macrumors member
Aug 14, 2023
I stand what I said a couple of pages ago. The cases are poor this year for the 15 Pro and Pro Max

I know everybody has different opinions and tastes, but there are very few almost perfect cases.
so far from my past observation, there are better cases that are introduced few months after the iphone is released.

i'm waiting for phonerebel flex 15 to be released

Reactions: Jaggrey

dchoco

macrumors member
Aug 14, 2023
Sticking with my spigen ultra hybrid magfit which I love until then.
anything that is even BETTER than spigen?

i'm currently also rocking ultra hybrid magfit (frosted)

i find spigen ticks almost all my checklists

✅ grippy sides and back
✅ doesn't add too much bulk
✅ clear (woohoo!)
✅ magsafe

what i wish the ultra hybrid should be
❓frosted TPU sides
❓thinner but still grippy (is this even possible?)

otherwise this is more or less 90% perfect case for me

Reactions: Southernguy
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.