Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Teach8870

macrumors regular
Jan 3, 2016
...okay, spill the beans! How does this case/cover feel on the phone? I was thinking about a dBrand skin.
But, this might suffice better.
It snaps on and feels really secure. I love these cases because they show off some of the phone but still protect it! Has a textured feel on the back.

Reactions: circatee

rulymammoth

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2015
It’s not the case, it’s the MagSafe part that has become unglued from the case. All I did was remove my phone from the case. Other than that the case is still flawless.

Yeah, I hear you. I didn't express myself clearly in my post. What I was saying is that the magnets on my Synthesis have not had any problems, and the two other people I know with the Synthesis were the same too. Just wanted to offer an additional perspective. Reminds me of the current overheat-gate with the iPhones. Some people have the problem, but most people are probably not experiencing it (like me).

Reactions: StaceyMJ86

ChoiMinji

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2021
The thinnest silicone grippy case I can find is a no-name counterfeit case, very grippy and good fit but I wish it was a bit more thinner…
IMG_0327.jpeg
IMG_0326.jpeg
IMG_0207.jpeg

Southernguy

macrumors 6502
Apr 4, 2015
Hampshire
used one of these for my 14pm, I had a ton of dye transfer especially on my MagSafe charger. Besides that great case.

The andar aspen had so much color transfer when i had it on my iphone 12. All of my magsafe chargers turned permanently brown & All my pockets on light colored clothing stained as well. Went to bullstrap and had a much better experience in terms of quality. The magnet on andar was also weak.
Oh nooooo, contemplating cancelling my order now. The case looks amazing but I don’t want all my gear colour stained… Can you recommend anything similar?

JBlass421

macrumors 68020
Oct 29, 2019
You like this or the Synthesis case better?

They’re both such different cases, it’s hard to compare!

The synthesis grips on the sides are unmatched. The synthesis feels a little firmer in fitting, doesn’t widen the phone as much if you know what I mean, Caudabe just makes such solid cases.

The meifigno is not bulky by any means though. I absolutely love the buttons on the meifigno. The silky smooth yet not slippery feel of it feels great in the hands. The frosted back is good with anti fingerprints and they are easily wiped off if any.

I honestly can’t tell you that I like one more than the other. I love them both, those are my two cases for this year, when I get bored of one I switch to the other and so on until the next rodeo of the 16.

JBlass421

macrumors 68020
Oct 29, 2019
Do you think this case or the Sheath is thinner/lighter? If you had to pick just one of these to keep, as your only case, which would you choose? TIA...

This is definitely lighter than the Sheath, thinner I’m not sure as I only have the synthesis, it’s a bit wider than Synthesis but not really bulkier.

I’d say Sheath could handle more abuse in the long run and stay looking like new from experience, those cases are so solid.

The Meifigno is such a nice case but I’ve only had short experience with it. I will definitely be giving it quite a bit of use and see how it holds up (they offer a one year warranty and honor one replacement) which is great!

I would easily get this case again next year for the 16 but also would stay loyal to Caudabe. Sorry can’t really answer your question as I would just continue getting both.

I can say this though Caudabe is definitely a safe choice! Meifigno will pleasantly surprise you especially at the price.

debroei

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2014
For anybody that uses a lens protector, which one do you use? Are the cameras the same size as the 14 Pro/Pro Max?
Incan recommend the RHINOSHIELD camera lens protectors, aim using them since the iPhone 13 and they kept my lenses saves ever since. (Used them again of my 14, and i ordered them for my new 15 last week). Can’t notice any strange reflection/flare etc on my pictures. With the cheaper ones I sometimes experienced problems with flare or unclear/unfocused pictures.

Reactions: infinilo

vine-boating

macrumors 68020
Aug 10, 2017
Incan recommend the RHINOSHIELD camera lens protectors, aim using them since the iPhone 13 and they kept my lenses saves ever since. (Used them again of my 14, and i ordered them for my new 15 last week). Can’t notice any strange reflection/flare etc on my pictures. With the cheaper ones I sometimes experienced problems with flare or unclear/unfocused pictures.
Can you please a link to the lens protector

MM301

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2020
Mine either tbh. Not sure I like it.

Right now I’m using an all black OB Symmetry which I really like. Buttons are fantastic and the fit is top notch.
How is the Symmetry in terms of holding on pinky? I’m close to ordering this. Is Action Button clicky too?

I’ve tried the Spigen Liquid Air and Apple Silicone so far.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.