Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
How did you change the buttons? Do you buy the buttons separately and do it yourself?
They are just plastic floating buttons and real easy to swap out. The only way to get other colors is to purchase another Symmetry case and swap them out. Otterbox does not sell them separate.

UMRebel

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2010
North MS
So I was skeptical about the peel super thin case with MagSafe based on the price but I actually like it. Its not super thin like the typical peel but it is the thinnest I have seen with MagSafe. If you can, wait for a sale.
If you have the clear soft version, can you tell me if any of the buttons including the action button is covered? Looking for a super thin clear case with all buttons covered. I prefer a matte finish, but that seems to be much rarer than a standard clear.

Synomenon

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2011

Attachments

• IMG_8753.jpeg
    IMG_8753.jpeg
    233.7 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_8754.jpeg
    IMG_8754.jpeg
    277.3 KB · Views: 94

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
So I was skeptical about the peel super thin case with MagSafe based on the price but I actually like it. Its not super thin like the typical peel but it is the thinnest I have seen with MagSafe. If you can, wait for a sale.
How slippery is it?

infinilo

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2022
Oh nooooo, contemplating cancelling my order now. The case looks amazing but I don’t want all my gear colour stained… Can you recommend anything similar?
I’ve heard good things about BullStrap, they have a few sales throughout the year. Their warranty program is great too! Biggest downside is open bottom.

edit: Ryan London was popular last year too. Never tried it myself. Check out the leather patina case thread They will get you on the right track.

Reactions: Southernguy

JBlass421

macrumors 68020
Oct 29, 2019
Meifigno case arrived today! Looks and feels great in the hand. Haven’t had a chance to test out the magnets, but will tomorrow when I go to the gym. Shoutout to @JBlass421 for the recommendation. Usually not a fan of visible MagSafe rings, but this color scheme looks great. Very good value at $15

Nice! It’s so velvety soft in the hands and looks way more premium than its price. I’m loving the case.

Reactions: Djones96

SweetLou122

macrumors regular
Nov 3, 2011
Went with two new cases (to me) so far:

Caudabe sheath-Never used their cases, the sheath is an interesting texture all the way around for sure. The grip is nice, but it is definitely rough. Very solid though, minimal flex to the sides and bottom when on the phone. BARELY enough lip around the edges with a screen protector on to elevate face down. Power button is nice with solid clicks, volume buttons are mushier, action button is not super easy to press with the cutout version.

I will say the sheath adds a fair feeling of weight, actually noticeable versus the apple silicone. Not sure what the actual difference is and would need a scale to confirm, can't find the specs on caudabes site. Maybe it's the thickness of the sides or rigidity of the case.

Apple silicone-Never tried one of these with any phone so far, but wasn't persuaded by anything else at the time. Surprisingly nice, lightweight, buttons feel great with full coverage. Microfiber inside covers the sides/top/bottom not just the back. Only gripes are the dust pickup inside pockets (honestly less than I would have thought) and the bottom speaker cutouts/usbc edges are weirdly sharp. For the max version where you balance the phone on the bottom digs into your finger.

For the time being still on the lookout for an all rounder. Lightweight, decent grip, front and camera lip, magsafe, relatively easy to take off/put on, fingerprint/smudge resistant.

Next contenders:
Phone rebel- no release date I can see?
Mous-pricey, reading fingerprint magnet on aramid and clear versions, dislike the extra branding they added from prior versions.
Spigen-core armor. Had one of these on my 13p, fantastic case actually, fairly plain styling and colors (blue or black). Pattern looks a little different than the 13 model but I think definitely earned another order.

Will see if the Caudabe grows on me but will see.

Reactions: dotatoc

yOyOYoo

macrumors 6502a
Feb 13, 2005
CA
IMG_0470.jpeg

As someone else here recommended, the Smartish Gripmunk is a great case. The sides feel almost identical to the material Caudabe uses for the Sheath. The buttons are nice and click very well. The back has a nice texture and is a bit smoother than the sides. A fantastic competitor to the Caudabe Sheath at half the price - plus you can buy it off Amazon with prime shipping.

MM301

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2020
Went with two new cases (to me) so far:

Caudabe sheath-Never used their cases, the sheath is an interesting texture all the way around for sure. The grip is nice, but it is definitely rough. Very solid though, minimal flex to the sides and bottom when on the phone. BARELY enough lip around the edges with a screen protector on to elevate face down. Power button is nice with solid clicks, volume buttons are mushier, action button is not super easy to press with the cutout version.

I will say the sheath adds a fair feeling of weight, actually noticeable versus the apple silicone. Not sure what the actual difference is and would need a scale to confirm, can't find the specs on caudabes site. Maybe it's the thickness of the sides or rigidity of the case.

Apple silicone-Never tried one of these with any phone so far, but wasn't persuaded by anything else at the time. Surprisingly nice, lightweight, buttons feel great with full coverage. Microfiber inside covers the sides/top/bottom not just the back. Only gripes are the dust pickup inside pockets (honestly less than I would have thought) and the bottom speaker cutouts/usbc edges are weirdly sharp. For the max version where you balance the phone on the bottom digs into your finger.

For the time being still on the lookout for an all rounder. Lightweight, decent grip, front and camera lip, magsafe, relatively easy to take off/put on, fingerprint/smudge resistant.

Next contenders:
Phone rebel- no release date I can see?
Mous-pricey, reading fingerprint magnet on aramid and clear versions, dislike the extra branding they added from prior versions.
Spigen-core armor. Had one of these on my 13p, fantastic case actually, fairly plain styling and colors (blue or black). Pattern looks a little different than the 13 model but I think definitely earned another order.

Will see if the Caudabe grows on me but will see.
Pretty much copy / paste of my observations on those two! I’m contemplating the Nomad leather but want to hear from others on pinky comfort and holding.

Reactions: SweetLou122

MaxProElite

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2023
Got the Mous carbon fiber case 15PM but it’s so slippery in the back. Any recommendations on how to enhance the grip of the carbon fiber ?

ricktat

macrumors 68000
Feb 18, 2013
Got the Mous carbon fiber case 15PM but it’s so slippery in the back. Any recommendations on how to enhance the grip of the carbon fiber ?
Get the leather version. It is also sharp on the back corners because the carbon fiber isn’t thick enough. Leather solves that unless your pinky doesn’t like the corners. Then they all do that

MaxProElite

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2023
Get the leather version. It is also sharp on the back corners because the carbon fiber isn’t thick enough. Leather solves that unless your pinky doesn’t like the corners. Then they all do that
Yeah I should of went with leather darn it , carbon looks soo cool tho

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.