Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Infinitewisdom

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2012
Went with two new cases (to me) so far:

Caudabe sheath-Never used their cases, the sheath is an interesting texture all the way around for sure. The grip is nice, but it is definitely rough. Very solid though, minimal flex to the sides and bottom when on the phone. BARELY enough lip around the edges with a screen protector on to elevate face down. Power button is nice with solid clicks, volume buttons are mushier, action button is not super easy to press with the cutout version.

I will say the sheath adds a fair feeling of weight, actually noticeable versus the apple silicone. Not sure what the actual difference is and would need a scale to confirm, can't find the specs on caudabes site. Maybe it's the thickness of the sides or rigidity of the case.

Apple silicone-Never tried one of these with any phone so far, but wasn't persuaded by anything else at the time. Surprisingly nice, lightweight, buttons feel great with full coverage. Microfiber inside covers the sides/top/bottom not just the back. Only gripes are the dust pickup inside pockets (honestly less than I would have thought) and the bottom speaker cutouts/usbc edges are weirdly sharp. For the max version where you balance the phone on the bottom digs into your finger.

For the time being still on the lookout for an all rounder. Lightweight, decent grip, front and camera lip, magsafe, relatively easy to take off/put on, fingerprint/smudge resistant.

Next contenders:
Phone rebel- no release date I can see?
Mous-pricey, reading fingerprint magnet on aramid and clear versions, dislike the extra branding they added from prior versions.
Spigen-core armor. Had one of these on my 13p, fantastic case actually, fairly plain styling and colors (blue or black). Pattern looks a little different than the 13 model but I think definitely earned another order.

Will see if the Caudabe grows on me but will see.

As a big Caudabe Sheath fan, try using it for a little while without switching cases on and off. There's a reason so many people on here like it. The texture is an acquired taste, but at least for me once you acquire that taste it's hard to go back to anything else. I came from an Apple Silicone case many years ago and the texture was really different from the tacky-ness of the Apple Silicone case. But, the more I used the Sheath, the more it wore in if that makes sense. The texture always seems to wear down to a nice, pleasant feel after some use.

As for the size and weight, I never really had any issues with that. It's like an ounce or so max? Comparing its weight to the Apple Silicone case is like comparing a feather with an even lighter feather. They're ultimately both feathers, lol. And this year I was pleasantly surprised because the 15PM with the Sheath feels noticeably lighter than the 14PM with the Sheath. So for me, the combo feels plenty light.

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
It's ok until you run your finger over them on the inside and feel how sharp the edges are.
I need to find me some nice soft button cover stickers as this seems to be a trend with a lot of cases.
I ran my fingers over the buttons several times and the inside, and so far it seem like a okay case. The blue is darker in person. Maybe when it’s daytime it’ll look different. The case is slippery also.

Reactions: Hooterville

Sal09

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
Curiosity has got the better of me seeing pics of the phone in these cases.

Ordered a pacific blue FineWoven to test out. Completely expecting to return but I need to trial these things to put them to bed in my head

Blue on Natural Titanium?

Joe123Joe

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2022
Considering the price, I'm pretty confident it won't blow your socks off. Haha
I agree. Kind of having buyers remorse at the moment but not enough reviews out there that show me what I’m looking for so I’ll make my own decision on it. Most of the buyers remorse comes from the fact that I’m not a fan of their branding around the camera… oh well, add it to the long list of impulse purchases I have made.

maverick22

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2012
I have the all black. Love it. Like it more than my Mous that cost more than double lol. But you are right, the buttons are great this year… very clicky and responsive
What do you like better / why do you like the gripzilla better than the Mous?

Joe123Joe

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2022
What do you like better / why do you like the gripzilla better than the Mous?
It’s grippier, much more comfortable to hold, doesn’t show smudges on the back like the Aramid Fiber does. Don’t get me wrong, I love the look of the Mous, but looks aren’t everything for something you spend a lot of time holding, needs to be comfortable

Joe123Joe

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2022
I can’t lie, the time it’s taking Caudabe to respond is getting a bit out of hand. Busy or not, you took my money nice and quick, now I have to wait God knows how long until you get back to me? I’ve bought multiple cases from them each year for the last 3-4 years… they have always had good CS, but now it’s cheeks… kind of making me want to spend my hard earned money elsewhere.

I bought 4 cases from them alone last year for my 14 pro.

CMoore515

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2015
Des Moines, IA
I can’t lie, the time it’s taking Caudabe to respond is getting a bit out of hand. Busy or not, you took my money nice and quick, now I have to wait God knows how long until you get back to me? I’ve bought multiple cases from them each year for the last 3-4 years… they have always had good CS, but now it’s cheeks… kind of making me want to spend my hard earned money elsewhere.

I bought 4 cases from them alone last year for my 14 pro.

This. I spent ~$87 with them and I've waited a week for a response... I'm contemplating sending both that I bought back now. 🤷🏼‍♂️

maverick22

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2012
It’s grippier, much more comfortable to hold, doesn’t show smudges on the back like the Aramid Fiber does. Don’t get me wrong, I love the look of the Mous, but looks aren’t everything for something you spend a lot of time holding, needs to be comfortable
I have the fake leather Mous Limitless on my 15 PM. It seems a little more slippery than what I was hoping.

A big concern for me is drop protection. Think the Gripzilla or Mous is better in this regard?

Thanks

dhson91

Suspended
Jul 30, 2013
I went to Apple Store today to pick up the Green Silicone Case for my dad. I ended up pick up the Otter Box case for myself . Unlike the silicone case, the OtterBox looks much better outside than in the pic. Depend on the light, the shade of blue changes.

Note that the Green color is darker than in Apple photos

Bonus that the Quava color is a disaster.

Attachments

• IMG_3378.jpeg
    IMG_3378.jpeg
    248.4 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_3381.jpeg
    IMG_3381.jpeg
    278.7 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_3380.jpeg
    IMG_3380.jpeg
    304.7 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_3379.jpeg
    IMG_3379.jpeg
    303.9 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_3377.jpeg
    IMG_3377.jpeg
    218.8 KB · Views: 115

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
I went to Apple Store today to pick up the Green Silicone Case for my dad. I ended up pick up the Otter Box case for myself . Unlike the silicone case, the OtterBox looks much better outside than in the pic. Depend on the light, the shade of blue changes.

Bonus that the Quava color is a disaster

love that blue Otterbox Figura!

What colour iPhone 15 Pro do you have? Mind sharing some pics with the phone in the case? Thanks.

narry007

macrumors newbie
Jan 30, 2008
So this is the case I'm going to get - I might also get the Nomad Horween as well.
Anyone used these or have any suggentions ?

KentuckyHouse

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2010
Lexington, KY.

Bonus that the Quava color is a disaster.
Man, I guess I just need to man up and pull the trigger on the Clay silicone case. Every time I see a picture of it, I love it.

Cancelled
Nov 13, 2012
View attachment 2286152
As someone else here recommended, the Smartish Gripmunk is a great case. The sides feel almost identical to the material Caudabe uses for the Sheath. The buttons are nice and click very well. The back has a nice texture and is a bit smoother than the sides. A fantastic competitor to the Caudabe Sheath at half the price - plus you can buy it off Amazon with prime shipping.
This is the exact case I have gotten this year, and probably the one I'll use most. I thought the buttons with slits might be a bit flimsy, they had never done that before, but I see no problems with them. MagSafe is strong on these too, this is my first Smartish with it.
Put the traffic cone orange buttons into my black Symmetry case and now I'm happy ;)

Also removed the Ringke camera protector thingy.

View attachment 2286204 View attachment 2286205 View attachment 2286207 View attachment 2286208 View attachment 2286210 View attachment 2286213
That looks awesome, too bad they don't sell that as a standard option.
Yea, I was not feeling the Ringke protector this year at all. The Ringke also has a sloppy fit. Had plenty of movement when installing it. Had to shift it side to side before sticking it down.

The 2 for $9.99 fit perfect like last years Ringke and are of better quality. Don't buy the Ringke as it sucks this year.
Sending back to Amazon for $13.
Ringke is usually solid, I have an Onyx on my Pixel 7 and it is great. That camera covering they've done this year looks like a really poor idea.

Reactions: plushboringfrog

Infinitewisdom

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2012
This. I spent ~$87 with them and I've waited a week for a response... I'm contemplating sending both that I bought back now. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Weird, I got a response from them a couple of days after I emailed. I didn't do anything special nor am I anyone special. Maybe try their social media?

ryansebiz

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2008
Alright, I think I've decided to keep 4 cases.

Apple Evergreen Silicone
Apple Clay Silicone
Caudabe Sheath
A Leather option

I've considered Bullstrap, Nomad, Andar and Decoded

Any other options I might wanna take a look at?

Ryan London. No branding on the back and great quality.

CMoore515

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2015
Des Moines, IA
Weird, I got a response from them a couple of days after I emailed. I didn't do anything special nor am I anyone special. Maybe try their social media?

I just received a reply @Infinitewisdom! Haha

Ryan London. No branding on the back and great quality.

I'll check it out.

Reactions: ryansebiz

madrigal77

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2018
Got the Storm Blue silicone and Spigen Ultra Hybrid Mag with frosted back for the Pro Max. The silicone feels nice, but isn’t very protective. The Spigen feels really nice. The frosted back doesn’t get all tacky and gross feeling like most clear cases. The MagSafe is almost too strong though. Difficult to get the wallet off haha.

Eric5273

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2009
New Jersey
Has anyone tried the Speck Presidio2 Grip case with the ClickLock Wallet?

I like the idea of using a magsafe wallet. I need one that can fit 3 cards, but most I have tried do not have strong enough magnets so it tends to fall off very easily. This ClickLock thing looks very interesting, and I know the Presidio Grip cases used to be very popular, but I don’t see any mention of them in this thread, nor can I find any review videos of the iPhone 15 versions on YouTube, except a couple of videos posted by Speck themselves.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.