Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

SweetLou122

macrumors regular
Nov 3, 2011
As a big Caudabe Sheath fan, try using it for a little while without switching cases on and off. There's a reason so many people on here like it. The texture is an acquired taste, but at least for me once you acquire that taste it's hard to go back to anything else. I came from an Apple Silicone case many years ago and the texture was really different from the tacky-ness of the Apple Silicone case. But, the more I used the Sheath, the more it wore in if that makes sense. The texture always seems to wear down to a nice, pleasant feel after some use.

As for the size and weight, I never really had any issues with that. It's like an ounce or so max? Comparing its weight to the Apple Silicone case is like comparing a feather with an even lighter feather. They're ultimately both feathers, lol. And this year I was pleasantly surprised because the 15PM with the Sheath feels noticeably lighter than the 14PM with the Sheath. So for me, the combo feels plenty light.

I will say you are right, the sheath texture does grow on you after a few days. The speaker and charger cutouts are more comfortable to rest on hand than the apple silicone. I do wish it had a touch more lip around the screen but fundamentally it is a minimalist case so I understand. I can see why there is a big following, it's a very solid case.

Ordered the Spigen mag armor as well ($45 they list is a bit steep, think its about 20 on amazon). The pattern on the back has been changed and reviews say it feels slightly different than previous versions but I figure that is almost always the case. Was too pleased with the last version to not give it another try (not sure why it wasn't my first order).

Also trying the pelican ranger clear case. Cheap enough for a clear case to try with 5mm camera lip and 1-2 mil screen lip. Case mate has made good cases in the past, wonder what the quality will be since teaming up with pelican (for phone cases at least).

SusieS

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2018
I initially got a Spigen Ultra Hybrid and I found the sides (TPU) to be very icky feeling, so tacky that it felt like it was rubbing off on my hands and I was leaving a ton of fingerprints on my screen, which never happened with my old phone and hard shell case. Plus it fits so tightly that I thought I was going to break my phone taking it off. I have an Apple silicone case coming tomorrow.

roflc0pter

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2010
Got a reply from caudabe over the synthesis magnets.

I asked if I could switch for a sheath or have a refund. They said they’re working on a fix for the magnets. But that it’s only something that is affecting a small number of the initial production batch.

So have asked for another synthesis. See what happens when it arrives.
I don't believe that since it happened on my 14 Pro Max case. A lot of people just don't take their cases off once they put it on. A good amount of people don't use MagSafe either

I'm guessing it has to do with the adhesive they use which becomes a problem when the iPhone heats up

Reactions: lyceumHQ

KentuckyHouse

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2010
Lexington, KY.
I don't believe that since it happened on my 14 Pro Max case. A lot of people just don't take their cases off once they put it on. A good amount of people don't use MagSafe either

I'm guessing it has to do with the adhesive they use which becomes a problem when the iPhone heats up

This makes sense because they cover the magnets in the Synthesis with a sticker, whereas on the Sheath they’re covered by the felt liner. If they’d do the same felt liner on the Synthesis, that would solve it. But then they’d have to make the case slightly deeper to adjust for it.

Reactions: roflc0pter

vine-boating

macrumors 68020
Aug 10, 2017
iS
For me, that would be the Caudabe Sheath or Caudabe Synthesis. Both have great protection and both are grippy in their own ways. They’re not massive and don’t add a ton of bulk to the phone, but feel solid.

But I’m a sucker for their cases and have used them for years across tons of different phones. So I’m slightly biased.
Which case is better
The Sheath or the Synthesis?

roflc0pter

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2010
Didn't even realize that I'm sitting on 255 Caudabe reward points :confused:

I never even looked at their reward deal.
Last day of redemption was suppose to be 9/30
1696262111731.png

KentuckyHouse

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2010
Lexington, KY.
iS

Which case is better
The Sheath or the Synthesis?

I honestly like them both for different reasons.

If I HAD to choose and could only have one, it would be the Sheath. I just love the texture of the case and how it covers the entire outside of it. I also like that it has the felt on the interior that sits up against the phone. It just feels like that protects it a little better.

But the Synthesis is great too. The sides have a much more aggressive texture than the Sheath, while the back is more of a hard plastic, but they changed it last year to feel more like the back on the Sheath (the grippy pattern, not the material).

All that being said, you really can’t go wrong with either one.

Matt__James

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2014
Anyone have any recommendations for a good matte screen protector for 15 Pro?

And if it makes any difference I’m using the Fine Woven case so it needs to fit nicely with that.

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
I'm having some FedEx/Otterbox woes. I placed an order on 9/26 and paid $12.99 for expedited shipping. Otterbox claims the case was shipped on 9/27 but as of today (10/2) FedEx tracking still reads "label created". I spoke with Otterbox and they claim it's been picked up, I spoke with FedEx and they claim it's still at Otterbox. Has anyone had a similar experience and are you able to provide any insight?

Thanks!

EDIT: Just spoke with Otterbox again. They said wait another week and if the case doesn't show up by then they'll send another one (SMH). So much for expedited shipping. Feeling disappointed in the mediocre customer service and useless shipping charges.

Last edited:
Reactions: AE14

KentuckyHouse

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2010
Lexington, KY.
Anyone have any recommendations for a good matte screen protector for 15 Pro?

And if it makes any difference I’m using the Fine Woven case so it needs to fit nicely with that.

I’ve tried 3 different ones and finally found one I’m happy with. (For my 15 Pro Max, but they have all of these for the 15 Pro too)

First was the Mothca Matte Glass. I love the fit (case friendly), but it ended up making the display a little too grainy for my tastes. But my wife has one on her 15 Pro and loves it, so YMMV.

Mothca Matte Glass Screen Protector for iPhone 15 Pro (6.1 inch) Anti-Glare & Anti-Fingerprint Tempered Glass Clear Film, [Easy Installation Frame] Case Friendly, Bubble Free - Smooth as Silk https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CDLQX5YX?ref_=cm_sw_r_apin_dp_NEH1MR4R8DQN79BAXCYN

Next up was the Benks Anti-glare. Doesn’t make the screen grainy and fit is outstanding. But 2 things…first, it’s not the most case-friendly as it’s pretty much edge-to-edge, but it did work with my Caudabe Sheath. However, if I pressed the top of the case down, it would start to lift. But that’s because of issue #2. For some reason, Benks thought it was a good idea to put a little bump out that goes OVER the top speaker. They say it’s to keep dust out, but it makes the protector less case friendly and it blocks the sound. I tested it and sure enough, you can barely hear anything coming out of the top speaker. If they remove that little bump out, I’d get them again.

BENKS [2 Pack] Anti-Glare Matte Screen Protector Compatible for iPhone 15 Pro (2023,6.1”), 9H Full Coverage Tempered Film for Gamming[Ultra-Thin][Ultra-Smooth][Anti-Fingerprint][Bubble Free] https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CDV4SF7S?ref_=cm_sw_r_apin_dp_TA908CZ7XYD11A2KF6DG

So I went searching for recommendations on YouTube and came across the Ambison Matte Glass and for me they’re perfect. The clarity of the Benks with the fit of the Mothca. Nice and friendly to cases, too. I can’t recommend them enough. I’m really, really happy with them.

Ambison [2 Pack Matte Glass Screen Protector Designed for iPhone 15 Pro, Install Frame/Bubble Free/Anti-Glare&Fingerprint/Smooth as Silk, 9H Tempered Glass compatible with iPhone 15 Pro 2023 6.1inch https://www.amazon.com/Ambison-iPhone-15-Fingerprint-6-1inch/dp/B0CCJCRV2T

TNThomas

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2012
So my search for the perfect case for my girlfriend’s iPhone 15 continues. I am currently looking at the following cases:
  • OtterBox Symmetry
  • RhinoShield SolidSuit
  • Speck Presidio2 Pro
Which one of these would you recommend?

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Spigen ENZO coming in HOTT :oops: This just might be my new favorite case of the day. This case is nice. The fit, feel and construction are top notch IMO. The sides are kind of a firm rubbery TPU, aluminum buttons are fantastic, very clicky with a nice soft padding on the insides. The inside back has a nice soft felt like lining and the MagSafe is STRONG ! This case is extremely TIGHT to get on the phone but what a nice snug fit once it's on. The aluminum logo on the back is recessed into the case and is nice and flush along the back. Best $35. case I've ever bought. Here are some pics:

enz01.jpg
enz02.jpg
enz03.jpg
enz04.jpg
enz05.jpg
enz06.jpg
enz07.jpg
enz08.jpg
enz09.jpg
enz10.jpg
enz11.jpg
enz12.jpg
enz13.jpg
enz14.jpg

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
Spigen ENZO coming in HOTT :oops: This just might be my new favorite case of the day. This case is nice. The fit, feel and construction are top notch IMO. The sides are kind of a firm rubbery TPU, aluminum buttons are fantastic, very clicky with a nice soft padding on the insides. The inside back has a nice soft felt like lining and the MagSafe is STRONG ! This case is extremely TIGHT to get on the phone but what a nice snug fit once it's on. The aluminum logo on the back is recessed into the case and is nice and flush along the back. Best $35. case I've ever bought. Here are some pics:

View attachment 2286772 View attachment 2286773 View attachment 2286774 View attachment 2286775 View attachment 2286776 View attachment 2286777 View attachment 2286778 View attachment 2286779 View attachment 2286783 View attachment 2286784 View attachment 2286785 View attachment 2286787 View attachment 2286788 View attachment 2286789
How is it for fingerprints?

Reactions: Hooterville
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.