Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
If you ordered any cases for AliExpress last week and it hasn’t been shipped, it’ll probably be delayed by a week as I just found out that it’s their national day week long holiday 🥲

deebo007

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2023
I've had 2 x Benks Pro cases for the 15PM, each one had an issue that required a return. 1st one had misaligned magsafe, so my genuine Apple Magsafe charger was approx 5mm to one side:
IMG_20230925_143715334.jpg

The second one had a power button that was completely solid and non functional when the case was on the phone. So watch out with benks this year, QC seems to have taken a hit. I had the Pitaka Pro case on my 14PM but found the shape a little uncomfortable with the sharp edges on the back. I see they have not taken advatange of the new curvier shape of the 15PM to smooth out the Pro case, so I'll be giving that one a miss.

I'm tempted to try the new Spigen Enzo Aramid case (Spigen Enzo Aramid), as that looks great for the price. Currently using a Ringke Onyx Magsafe case (Ringke Onyx Magsafe), which is a great fit for a budget case.

Reactions: maverick22

Matt__James

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2014
Members on here who are running Fine Woven cases can you please do me a massive favour. Can you please shake your iPhone with case on and check if the buttons rattle?

Thanks
Out of interest, was this because you have rattle? I have a FW on my 15 Pro and the new action button rattles.

kvlq

macrumors 65816
Dec 6, 2015
My Torras clear case and Torras screen protectors just arrived.
I can say I like the way the clear case looks with orange buttons. It also has a nice feel.

Attachments

• tempImage5UMP4h.png
    tempImage5UMP4h.png
    5.1 MB · Views: 129
  • tempImageVx6NmG.png
    tempImageVx6NmG.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 109
  • tempImageZEk7P7.png
    tempImageZEk7P7.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 122
  • tempImagePhNosV.png
    tempImagePhNosV.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 94
  • tempImage5uJKvv.png
    tempImage5uJKvv.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 114

Latch6044

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2023
How is the silicone? Is it about as 'tacky' as Apple's? I can't get on with Apple's as it gets too much lint for me, but ones that are smoother I can.

Never tried Apples, but this is very nice. Been wearing my “work from home uniform” of sweatpants since I’ve gotten it and no lint on it at all. Slides into pockets just fine too.

shr631

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2013
Curiosity has got the better of me seeing pics of the phone in these cases.

Ordered a pacific blue FineWoven to test out. Completely expecting to return but I need to trial these things to put them to bed in my head 😂
I really, really like the fine woven case! I’m confused because going by early review videos and even the description, I shouldn’t like it. But it feels so good. I love the different textures on various parts of the case. A fun (and yes luxurious) feeling when I run my finger on the back, or edges, or sides. I fully expected to try and not like, but I’m having a hard time disliking it 🤣 The big question is durability…but I change cases here and there over the course of the year.

ctpaa

macrumors member
Sep 6, 2023
I've had 2 x Benks Pro cases for the 15PM, each one had an issue that required a return. 1st one had misaligned magsafe, so my genuine Apple Magsafe charger was approx 5mm to one side:
View attachment 2286416

The second one had a power button that was completely solid and non functional when the case was on the phone. So watch out with benks this year, QC seems to have taken a hit. I had the Pitaka Pro case on my 14PM but found the shape a little uncomfortable with the sharp edges on the back. I see they have not taken advatange of the new curvier shape of the 15PM to smooth out the Pro case, so I'll be giving that one a miss.

I'm tempted to try the new Spigen Enzo Aramid case (Spigen Enzo Aramid), as that looks great for the price. Currently using a Ringke Onyx Magsafe case (Ringke Onyx Magsafe), which is a great fit for a budget case.
I also had a solid, non-functional power button on the Benks case; a friend of mine also with the very same issue. I'm waiting for my replacement case to arrive, but case just doesn't quite 'feel' like it did for the 14PM. Disappointing.

vine-boating

macrumors 68020
Aug 10, 2017
So what are the consensus best cases for the 15 Pro/Pro Max if you want good grip/feel and protection?
There have been soo many recommendations but I don't know which one to go for...

I have tried Mous Limitless 5.0 and returned it due to the sharp edges. I have also tried the Apple Silicone case but I feel it doesn't offer enough protection and collects too much lint and dust..

Sal09

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
Ive ordered Blue and Mulberry FW cases. Should arrive tomorrow.

My OH is using Taupe FW on here iPhone and it feels so light and thin.

We shall see.

Last edited:
Reactions: Teach8870

Danorak81

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2013
UK

KentuckyHouse

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2010
Lexington, KY.
So what are the consensus best cases for the 15 Pro/Pro Max if you want good grip/feel and protection?
There have been soo many recommendations but I don't know which one to go for...

I have tried Mous Limitless 5.0 and returned it due to the sharp edges. I have also tried the Apple Silicone case but I feel it doesn't offer enough protection and collects too much lint and dust..

For me, that would be the Caudabe Sheath or Caudabe Synthesis. Both have great protection and both are grippy in their own ways. They’re not massive and don’t add a ton of bulk to the phone, but feel solid.

But I’m a sucker for their cases and have used them for years across tons of different phones. So I’m slightly biased.

lyceumHQ

macrumors 68000
Aug 4, 2010
Got a reply from caudabe over the synthesis magnets.

I asked if I could switch for a sheath or have a refund. They said they’re working on a fix for the magnets. But that it’s only something that is affecting a small number of the initial production batch.

So have asked for another synthesis. See what happens when it arrives.

JBlass421

macrumors 68020
Oct 29, 2019
Got a reply from caudabe over the synthesis magnets.

I asked if I could switch for a sheath or have a refund. They said they’re working on a fix for the magnets. But that it’s only something that is affecting a small number of the initial production batch.

So have asked for another synthesis. See what happens when it arrives.

As much as I love the Synthesis, I just asked to switch to the Sheath with action button. The magnet issue is something I’ve dealt with since last year with the 14 Pro Max. I’m just done dealing with it. Maybe in the future I’ll go back to Synthesis but haven’t worn a Sheath in a little while so it’ll be a good switch up anyway.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.