Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Mine either tbh. Not sure I like it.

Right now I’m using an all black OB Symmetry which I really like. Buttons are fantastic and the fit is top notch.

Hard to beat the Symmetry, it's one fine case.
New cases stay on my phone less than 24 hours and I'm right back in the good ole Symmetry.

Think I'll swap in my traffic cone orange buttons today :oops:

vine-boating

macrumors 68020
Aug 10, 2017
Hard to beat the Symmetry, it's one fine case.
New cases stay on my phone less than 24 hours and I'm right back in the good ole Symmetry.

Think I'll swap in my traffic cone orange buttons today :oops:
Which Otterbox case do you have? I may look into buying for my 15 Pro. I still can't find a decent case so I am running out of options..

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Which Otterbox case do you have? I may look into buying for my 15 Pro. I still can't find a decent case so I am running out of options..
I have only 2 Symmetry cases with Magsafe. Otterbox has really slimmed up and improved the Symmetry this year, it was one of my favorite cases from last year. I have the all black and purchased the RealTree version just so I can put those orange buttons into my black version. I love this case.

Can't decide if I'm sick of that camera protector or not?
What you guys think? Better looking without protector?

bsym01.jpg
rt04.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Zensō and AE14

MM301

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2020
I have only 2 Symmetry cases with Magsafe. Otterbox has really slimmed up and improved the Symmetry this year, it was one of my favorite cases from last year. I have the all black and purchased the RealTree version just so I can put those orange buttons into my black version. I love this case.

View attachment 2285911 View attachment 2285912
I vote without the protector. Looks more premium.

How’s the bottom / pinky comfort of the new Symmetry? I’ve never had these cases but may order one.

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
How is the Symmetry in terms of holding on pinky? I’m close to ordering this. Is Action Button clicky too?

I’ve tried the Spigen Liquid Air and Apple Silicone so far.
No issues on the pinky at all very comfortable.

All buttons very responsive. I’m very impressed. My only gripe is the back is slick but I also have a pop grip I use periodically.

Also- magnets are stronger than I thought

Reactions: Hooterville

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015

I vote no protector. Anxious to see those orange buttons on the black Symmetry though… :cool:

Cruncher

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2010
Decoded leather & silicone. Really liking both.

How about the corners of the Leather verion? On the 14 Pro max Version they were higher than the sides and it annoyed me somehow. I never really used it because of that.

yOyOYoo

macrumors 6502a
Feb 13, 2005
CA
I haven’t received my Sheath without the button cover yet, but I see that the new version with the button cover available. For those getting a free code, how do I get mine? Do I need to receive the case first?

Reactions: twx

twx

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2017
Michigan, USA
Forgive my ignorance, is Caudable emailing out 100% off codes for the people who ordered their cases w/o action button cover before the cut off date? I ordered two Sheath's in early September and haven't received anything from Caudabe. Do I need to reach out to their CS?

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
Forgive my ignorance, is Caudable emailing out 100% off codes for the people who ordered their cases w/o action button cover before the cut off date? I ordered two Sheath's in early September and haven't received anything from Caudabe. Do I need to reach out to their CS?
You have to send them an email with your order number, and they’ll reach out with the promo code.

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
I haven’t received my Sheath without the button cover yet, but I see that the new version with the button cover available. For those getting a free code, how do I get mine? Do I need to receive the case first?
You have to send them an email with your order number, and they’ll reach out with the promo code.

Reactions: yOyOYoo

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC

I vote no lens protector.

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
I would definitely reach out to CS. They sent mine after I emailed them confirming that I’d be receiving the version with the button for free once released.

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
I would definitely reach out to CS. They sent mine after I emailed them confirming that I’d be receiving the version with the button for free once released.
I just sent them another email regarding the promo code since I haven’t heard anything from them. I’m still waiting on my replacement Synthesis in place of the defective MagSafe magnet.

vine-boating

macrumors 68020
Aug 10, 2017

Do you find the back slippery? Grip is important to me..

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
Meifigno case arrived today! Looks and feels great in the hand. Haven’t had a chance to test out the magnets, but will tomorrow when I go to the gym. Shoutout to @JBlass421 for the recommendation. Usually not a fan of visible MagSafe rings, but this color scheme looks great. Very good value at $15

Attachments

• IMG_0010.jpeg
    IMG_0010.jpeg
    249.6 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_0009.jpeg
    IMG_0009.jpeg
    407.1 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_0011.jpeg
    IMG_0011.jpeg
    463.5 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_0008.jpeg
    IMG_0008.jpeg
    608.2 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_0007.jpeg
    IMG_0007.jpeg
    310.4 KB · Views: 127

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
So I was skeptical about the peel super thin case with MagSafe based on the price but I actually like it. Its not super thin like the typical peel but it is the thinnest I have seen with MagSafe. If you can, wait for a sale.

Reactions: VSMacOne

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
Meifigno case arrived today! Looks and feels great in the hand. Haven’t had a chance to test out the magnets, but will tomorrow when I go to the gym. Shoutout to @JBlass421 for the recommendation. Usually not a fan of visible MagSafe rings, but this color scheme looks great. Very good value at $15
Mine is out for delivery right now and I’m so excited to try it out. Yes thanks to @JBlass421 I ordered a 4th case when I said yes to 3 cases.

Teach8870

macrumors regular
Jan 3, 2016
So I was skeptical about the peel super thin case with MagSafe based on the price but I actually like it. Its not super thin like the typical peel but it is the thinnest I have seen with MagSafe. If you can, wait for a sale.
Pics? I’m thinking of getting the purple to go with my titanium PM.

kvlq

macrumors 65816
Dec 6, 2015

I really like the way that all black Symmetry looks with orange buttons..too bad that you have to order the RealTree just for the orange buttons, would be nice to have the option to change the buttons colour when you order it, or at least have the option to buy just the buttons...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.