Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Elektrofone

macrumors 65816
Jul 5, 2010
That is same as Torras. Same screen coverage. Defo not edge to edge. Sides are not fully curved and not adhering to the screen as you can see dust gathering underneath the edges.
Could you link to the thread? I cant seem to find it anywhere.

Harmonious Zen

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2013
My Celestial Blue Sheath arrives tomorrow. I’ll post some pics once I get it.

As a UK fan, you'll love that blue Sheath. It's darker than the UK blue, but still beautiful. I've got it on mine now. Looks amazing.

EDIT: I didn't realize someone posted a photo of the blue Synthesis above. It looks just like that but with the Sheath's design, which I prefer. Caudabe did a phenomenal job with the color.

KentuckyHouse

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2010
Lexington, KY.
As a UK fan, you'll love that blue Sheath. It's darker than the UK blue, but still beautiful. I've got it on mine now. Looks amazing.

EDIT: I didn't realize someone posted a photo of the blue Synthesis above. It looks just like that but with the Sheath's design, which I prefer. Caudabe did a phenomenal job with the color.

Haha, that’s awesome to hear! I received the blue Gripmunk(?) yesterday and it’s fairly close to a UK blue, but just a shade lighter. For obvious reasons, blue is my favorite color.

roflc0pter

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2010
75ff6e4006c525e73adc267a9d5c0ba8.jpeg
Just got an update from Caudabe support. Looks like there is a chance the issue still remains on the action button version.

1696469010513.png

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019
OK Spigen screen protector on. Messed one up, had to toss it out. Second one I thought was ok. Not sure if its a tiny bubble or a piece of dust, ugh. Probably gonna have to buy another set now.

Ringke Onyx is on. Nice. Thin. Decent grip. Do not see it protecting anything though lol. Will be on the lookout for other cases in the near future hopefully.

Reactions: Mr.C and julit0

infinilo

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2022
OK Spigen screen protector on. Messed one up, had to toss it out. Second one I thought was ok. Not sure if its a tiny bubble or a piece of dust, ugh. Probably gonna have to buy another set now.

Ringke Onyx is on. Nice. Thin. Decent grip. Do not see it protecting anything though lol. Will be on the lookout for other cases in the near future hopefully.
You’re not crazy the glastr ez fit is subpar in comparison to last years imo. I have a bubble that won’t disappear. No dust or anything. Heard the align master might be better. I’m waiting it out until flolab or torras figure out the screen covering problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: VaderRulez

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019
You’re not crazy the glastr ez fit is subpar in comparison to last years imo. I have a bubble that won’t disappear. No dust or anything. Heard the align master might be better. I’m waiting it out until flolab or torras figure out the screen covering problem.

Cool that you pointed that out. Last years seemed much better. Maybe I will not bother and wait then. So Torras makes screen protectors? Did not realize. I am not familar with Flolab. Thanks for the tip!

Reactions: infinilo

infinilo

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2022
Cool that you pointed that out. Last years seemed much better. Maybe I will not bother and wait then. So Torras makes screen protectors? Did not realize. I am not familar with Flolab. Thanks for the tip!
I only know of flolab from the early phonerebel days, good protectors and an amazing warranty program. Torras ultra glass was an early favorite but the black bezel slight covers the display.

Joe123Joe

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2022
Nomad Rugged. Nice case if you don't look at the bottom, lol. Seems like this is well suited to be my "adventure" case. The buttons are not black, but more of a pewter color so a little contrast with the sides of the case without being too different.

I feel as though the sides of this case have a slightly better grip than the Rugged cases for the 14s, but it may also just be the effect of having downsized from a 14PM to a 15P. Everything is easier to hold now, ha.
Would love to know how the back material is as far as oily fingerprints compared to last years model… is it the same material or did they change it up?

walds11

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2010
Will do. It’s not shipping until November, so my Decoded leather case will be the exclusive home of my 15 pro max until then. Honestly I’ll probably use my leather case the most, but sometimes you wanna show off you know?

I am using the Pitaka MagEZ for my 15 Pro, which is my go-to case, but really looking forward to trying the ghost case. Expected to ship at the end this month. I hope it worth it is worth the wait and hype.
Dbrand ghost is a clear case that is not clear, im not a fan on how it looks.

I really like the skeleton look of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: justinf77

midkay

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2008
Man, I'm getting a Blue Mujjo case today from Amazon. I hope I can deal with the buttons or they feel ok. I'll report back, too.
Hoping you have a better result, it’s a practically perfect case otherwise. I used mine for the entire past year and it held up great, I just didn’t like the button aspect. Sounds like it may vary between different batches/models so maybe you get lucky and get a decent result.

Sal09

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
This link is a reference to last year's discussion on MacRumors about cases for the iPhone 14 Plus, Pro, and Pro Max.
Correct.

That thread is not sticky anymore. Link is there to help find last year’s thread for members who are still using iPhone 14s and also if someone wanted to compare this year’s offerings with last year.

Last edited:

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
Those with the FW case.

Can you please angle the phone downwards and look to see if you can see daylight between the case and the charging port hole from the front of the phone?

Just noticed on mine that I can. If this isn't normal then I will request a replacement.

I reported this issue to decoded on my leather case, they said to return for replacement but they were out of stock so ended up refunding me without need to return

Reactions: VaderRulez

Tinkerbellaa22

macrumors regular
Mar 3, 2019
Return the Apple case and get a refund or exchange. I was they are guaranteed for a year.

I've attached a picture of my Apple Silicone Case purchased directly at the Apple Store.

I work from home so I was at my desk when it fell and maybe it was the edge of my desk but this is what happened, it ripped a little chunk off.

Would Apple actually do anything or would they just say this was my fault?

*Excuse the dust

Attachments

• tempImageWmICz3.png
    tempImageWmICz3.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 108

MM301

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2020
Those with the FW case.

Can you please angle the phone downwards and look to see if you can see daylight between the case and the charging port hole from the front of the phone?

Just noticed on mine that I can. If this isn't normal then I will request a replacement.

I reported this issue to decoded on my leather case, they said to return for replacement but they were out of stock so ended up refunding me without need to return
Mine was like that

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.