Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Matt__James

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2014
Those with the FW case.

Can you please angle the phone downwards and look to see if you can see daylight between the case and the charging port hole from the front of the phone?

Just noticed on mine that I can. If this isn't normal then I will request a replacement.

I reported this issue to decoded on my leather case, they said to return for replacement but they were out of stock so ended up refunding me without need to return
FW in pacific blue here. Just checked, and really bizarrely if I look down from the very top of the phone, I see no daylight. However if I look up fro the bottom of the phone, I see the faintest of daylight. This doesn't bother me as I never look from the bottom up. It would bug me to the point of returning it if I could see it from the top down though. I had this with a Torras case and returned it.

Reactions: VaderRulez

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
Thanks for checking. I wont bother requesting replacement then as it'll likely be the same

Sal09

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
Still in Blue FW after 24 hours.

IMG_0077.jpeg
IMG_0079.jpeg

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
Tried the Alto case from Amazon but it’s going back. The lip around the screen is too tall and there are weird lines across the case.

Attachments

• IMG_6155.jpeg
    IMG_6155.jpeg
    278.3 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_6151.jpeg
    IMG_6151.jpeg
    483.6 KB · Views: 94

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
OK Spigen screen protector on. Messed one up, had to toss it out. Second one I thought was ok. Not sure if its a tiny bubble or a piece of dust, ugh. Probably gonna have to buy another set now.

Ringke Onyx is on. Nice. Thin. Decent grip. Do not see it protecting anything though lol. Will be on the lookout for other cases in the near future hopefully.
Try the Torras Diamond. I’ve done four different phones without any dust and it’s been the easiest application in all my years of trying screen protectors.

tharitm

macrumors 6502a
Nov 9, 2009
Dbrand ghost is a clear case that is not clear, im not a fan on how it looks.
something I wish they'd let us do is to skin the ghost case like the grip case. I've seen dbrand comment saying we can skin the phone and that'll show through case, but they should just skin the case as well.

DaveCPA

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2023
I've attached a picture of my Apple Silicone Case purchased directly at the Apple Store.

I work from home so I was at my desk when it fell and maybe it was the edge of my desk but this is what happened, it ripped a little chunk off.

Would Apple actually do anything or would they just say this was my fault?

*Excuse the dust
No they will not

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019
Will do. It’s not shipping until November, so my Decoded leather case will be the exclusive home of my 15 pro max until then. Honestly I’ll probably use my leather case the most, but sometimes you wanna show off you know?

I get that. I normally do not like clear cases but this one has peaked my interest for sure!

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019
Try the Torras Diamond. I’ve done four different phones without any dust and it’s been the easiest application in all my years of trying screen protectors.

This one here I guess? I may check it out. It's a bit more money than Spigen but if the results are better I may bite. Thanks!

Reactions: VSMacOne

dotatoc

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2020
Which case do you and did you buy it from the Otterbox website?
I have the black Symmetry, which I bought from a local store a week before the 15 launch, and just got the sunstone Symmetry, which I bought online from an accessory website. @Hooterville has posted some great pics of the black one earlier in this thread, I'll post some of the sunstone – which is a pale orange shade - later today.

Last edited:

dotatoc

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2020
I have one too. I seem controversial in my opinion here, but I'm not a fan - to me it's uncecessarily bulky and not the greatest feel in the hand. I appreciate they seem popular though, so YMMV.
Each to their own! I don't "love" it - prefer the DBrand Grip as my daily driver - but it does the job. Fit, grip, buttons and protection are all on point IMO. No glaring faults.

I don't find it bulky. The sides are a little sharp, but I like the extra protection they give.

Also relatively cheap here, which considering that I seem to be buying too many cases again this year, is a Good Thing.

Reactions: julit0
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.