Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

vine-boating

macrumors 68020
Aug 10, 2017
Lots of people don't know this for some reason, but on Amazon (to make sure you're getting authentic things) you only need to make sure that it says this on the item's page:

Ships from: Amazon (or the brand)
Sold by: Amazon (or the brand)
I heard people have bought from Amazon and not some third party seller and received fake AirPods.

Reactions: MrGrim999

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
I heard people have bought from Amazon and not some third party seller and received fake AirPods.
I’ve heard those rumors but have yet to talk to anyone who actually had that happen, so not sure. One thing I am sure about is that Otterbox is not honest with their shipping estimates and I’d expect much longer shipping times than quoted. At least with Amazon the shipping is usually as quoted and returns are easy, at least if you have Prime.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Thanks
Are the buttons clicky and is the case slippery?
I am kinda of case hunting and just want a decent case that I will stick with for the next couple of months...
Buttons are extremely clicky. The back is a bit slippery but the sides have good grip. This is overall just a fantastic case IMO. Shows no fingerprints, the Magsafe is strong and it does not add much bulk to the phone at all. The sides of the phone only touch the soft rubber inside so no worries about scratches. I had 25-30 different cases last year for my 14PM and this was the case that I used the most.

The back of the RealTree is a lot more slippery than the regular ones.

rt01.jpg

Last edited:

AnthroMatt

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2011
Redlands, CA
Not airpods, but this happens to me with cases. I have purchased new cases on amazon (say for a 15PM) and found that it has a 13PM case inside because some jerk bought the case for their new phone and then returned it with an old case in the box and Amazon never checked the box.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone bought real AirPods and returned fake ones to Amazon.

Erevos

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2015
Nomad Rugged. Nice case if you don't look at the bottom, lol. Seems like this is well suited to be my "adventure" case. The buttons are not black, but more of a pewter color so a little contrast with the sides of the case without being too different.

I feel as though the sides of this case have a slightly better grip than the Rugged cases for the 14s, but it may also just be the effect of having downsized from a 14PM to a 15P. Everything is easier to hold now, ha.

Thank you for the pictures, I have also a blue titanium and was wondering how it would look with the blue case. Do the metal buttons of the case have any padding to protect the buttons of the iPhone?

Amelia Lee

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2023

I had already purchased the Torras case when the iPhone 15 Pro was released because it was so drop-proof.

I have no doubt about this as the Torras case has protected my iPhone 13 Pro very well and even after falling from the top of a mountain to a valley, the phone only suffered a little bit of minor damage. Thanks Torras, highly recommended!

KentuckyHouse

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2010
Lexington, KY.
As requested, pictures of the Caudabe Sheath in Celestial Blue on my black 15 Pro Max. This is the one with the action button cutout, but I’ve got the “free” replacement with the cover already ordered, so this one will be available before long once that arrives.

I had to play with the exposure and white balance a bit to show the actual color. In a dark environment, it’s going to look black-ish. In daylight, it’ll look like a dark navy blue.

I wish Caudabe would be a little more adventurous with their colors. I used to love when they had that really saturated royal blue Sheath, but that seems to come and go every couple of years.

I still love their cases.

2d901275e6745335f720ae7a832e556d.jpg

95d01472d8e3f8128fb854dc3f618d70.jpg

7c5d2d2aac03b05820d74a926918a209.jpg

Harmonious Zen

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2013
As requested, pictures of the Caudabe Sheath in Celestial Blue on my black 15 Pro Max. This is the one with the action button cutout, but I’ve got the “free” replacement with the cover already ordered, so this one will be available before long once that arrives.

I had to play with the exposure and white balance a bit to show the actual color. In a dark environment, it’s going to look black-ish. In daylight, it’ll look like a dark navy blue.

I wish Caudabe would be a little more adventurous with their colors. I used to love when they had that really saturated royal blue Sheath, but that seems to come and go every couple of years.

I still love their cases.

2d901275e6745335f720ae7a832e556d.jpg

95d01472d8e3f8128fb854dc3f618d70.jpg

7c5d2d2aac03b05820d74a926918a209.jpg

Awesome color. Goes great with your black iPhone!

Reactions: KentuckyHouse

Matt__James

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2014
A little mini review for anyone interested, just received my Moment Case (in Indigo) for iPhone 15 Pro (blue).

So far I've tested: a Bare Case, Caseology Parallax, Caudabe Synthesis, Caudabe Veik, Nudient, Otterbox Symmetry, Peak Design Everyday Case, Spigen Liquid Air, Spigen Mag Armour, Torras Ultra Thin and Apple's own Fine Woven.

This is currently comfortably my favourite. I'm really really impressed with it. Great feel, feels lovely, doesn't add too much bulk but feels like good protection.

But.. there's no Action Button cover. I know this is an issue to lots of people. Tbh it doesn't really bother me - if you look on one of my pictures the case 'slopes' down to the action button and it makes it really easy to press. But flagging this up as I know some people won't even consider it on this basis.

Best case I've had in a long time, but everyone's different so obviously YMMV.

IMG_0088 Large.jpeg
IMG_0089 Large.jpeg
IMG_0090 Large.jpeg
IMG_0091 Large.jpeg

dotatoc

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2020
Otterbox does not sell the buttons separately. I had the buy the $50. RealTree version (pictured above) and swap those buttons into my black case. The buttons on the Symmetry cases are swappable.
I didn't know all Symmetry cases have swappable buttons - I'd assumed there was something "special" about the RealTree edition that you had.

Good to know. I'll give it a try when I get home, I think my sunstone buttons on the black will look dope, as the yoof say... Is it an easy process?

Last edited:

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
I didn't know all Symmetry cases have swappable buttons - I'd assumed there was something "special" about the RealTreeedition that you had.

Good to know. I'll give it a try when I get home, I think my sunstone buttons on the black will look dope, as the yoof say... Is it an easy process?
Yea, please post some pics of that combo. That Sunstone has been in my Amazon cart for a while.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.