Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

jldesutter83

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2013
Illinois
I have girly cases.
OtterBox Symmetry in Stardust
IMG_3438.jpeg
IMG_3439.jpeg
IMG_3440.jpeg
IMG_3441.jpeg

I also have the OtterBox Defender Pro XT in Starry Mountain
IMG_3442.jpeg
IMG_3443.jpeg
IMG_3444.jpeg
IMG_3445.jpeg

Overall I like them both. I’m currently using the Symmetry. It’s slim and sleek. Has a nice lip on it too. The buttons are clicky and the bottom openings are aligned perfectly.

Ariel32

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2014
Yout Otterboxes look amazing
Nice super clean.
in all honesty, it’s amazing for the price. The frosted back really compliments the frosted glass of the iPhone. There are small clever features, like small lips on each corner on the back, so it does not lie flat and get scratches.
I know it will yellow eventually, but for the price, you get a new one every 6 month.

Reactions: julit0

titans1127

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2009
Which Case Did You Get or Recommend for Natural Titanium iPhone 15 Pro Max ? I am quite confused on this since there are so many options available. I like to hear from people who is already using a case for Natural Titanium.
Speck Presidio2 Grip in Charcoal/Bronze

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
Pitaka over the horizon MagEZ 4 posted on instagram. Can’t wait to get mine!

IMG_0932.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0931.jpeg
    IMG_0931.jpeg
    272.7 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_0930.jpeg
    IMG_0930.jpeg
    354.7 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_0929.jpeg
    IMG_0929.jpeg
    367.9 KB · Views: 163

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019
I had a bunch of cases in and out of here over the past few weeks and weighed them all.
Sharing in case this might help others since the weight of the case itself seems to be rarely published.

ItemWeightPhone + Case
iPhone 15 Pro187g
Pitaka MagEZ 419g206g
TORRAS Magnetic Slim Fit23g210g
Apple FineWoven26g213g
Apple Silicone27g214g
Decoded Leather Back Cover33g220g
Spigen Magnetic Enzo Aramid41g228g

iPhone 14 Pro for reference

ItemWeightPhone + Case
iPhone 14 Pro206g
Pitaka MagEZ 318g224g
Apple Leather26g232g

Some quick thoughts on each case with the 15 Pro:

Pitaka MagEz 4: I had used the MagEZ 3 on my iPhone 14 Pro for a year and it was great. The Mag EZ 4 version for the iPhone 15 Pro is much more "rubbery" and doesn't have a good grip in comparison. A disappointment.

TORRAS Magnetic Slim Fit: Great for a budget case. Really my only complaint was that the lip around the edge seems a bit too high and got in the way of swiping. Perhaps a screen protector eliminates that concern.

Apple FineWoven: Didn't like it at first but after a couple of weeks it's become a favorite. Maybe it won't have good longevity, but it's light and very comfortable to use.

Apple Silicone: As one would expect if you've ever used an Apple Silicone case. Well made, good fit.

Decoded Leather Back: This case is excellent and reminds me of Apple's 14 Pro leather case. A little bit thicker and slightly heavier than Apple's old case, but not enough to matter if you are used to the Apple leather case on the heavier 12/13/14 Pro.

Spigen Magnetic Enzo Aramid: I like this case a lot. Well made, great fit, feels good in the hand, good grip. Unfortunately it's the heaviest case I tested and it erases the weight reduction provided by the iPhone 14 Pro -> iPhone 15 Pro upgrade (at least compared to the iPhone 14 Pro + Pitaka MagEZ combo).

Thanks for the breakdown. The Spigen Enzo sounds great. Being it is so heavy, I will pass as I am liking the lighter weight of these new devices.

Reactions: timeconsumer

justinf77

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2003
Benks responded right away about the broken power button on the ArmorPro and offered to immediately send me a new case in addition to replacement buttons to fix the existing case. That’s pretty solid customer service, I’m impressed.

@Hooterville I will try to get pics of the Sheath with the action button tomorrow. Not sure if I’m describing it correctly but the action button just isn’t as clicky as the others. I could see it improving in time, and otherwise the case is typical Caudabe quality, so I’m not too bothered by it.

Surfsalot

Suspended
Mar 18, 2023
Pitaka over the horizon MagEZ 4 posted on instagram. Can’t wait to get mine!

View attachment 2289726
the branding and that huge camera hump would turn me off

Reactions: Boardiesboi

maverick22

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2012
@TechnicallyTee Hey tee just watched your mous limitless 5.0 video. Could you tell me if the buttons still rattle like crazy like the 14 pro max version?
I have it, and they don't rattle at all!

I have the "fake leather" kind, and it's good all around to me other than it's a little more slippery than I'm used to (always had an OB Defender Pro). If I'm holding the phone awhile, I do kinda notice the sharp edges.

YJINYU

Suspended
Sep 26, 2023
Hi guys! I finally received my Torras case yesterday. Would love to share it with you! Its 360-degree rotating stand is very robust, and it is equipped with airbags at every corner. I had checked their official Amazon website for the protection level before, and it is professionally certified. The texture is also very nice. This has really impressed me.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    293.4 KB · Views: 143

Synomenon

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2011
Hi guys! I finally received my Torras case yesterday. Would love to share it with you! Its 360-degree rotating stand is very robust, and it is equipped with airbags at every corner. I had checked their official Amazon website for the protection level before, and it is professionally certified. The texture is also very nice. This has really impressed me.
I know this is not a real customer review because the only ones that call the cushioned corners "airbags" are the companies in Asia that manufacture the cases. 😂

Sparxxx

macrumors 6502
Jul 29, 2009
cut outs instead of buttons? no thanks.

walds11

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2010
the branding and that huge camera hump would turn me off

I’ve been a loyal Pitaka case user (both the Mag EZ and the Air cases). I am fine with the branding. Thelarge camera bump is overkill, but I’ve gotten used to it. The camera is metal, which is unnecessary.

What are good alternatives? The latercase seems like a cool one.

Reactions: Boardiesboi

richxps

macrumors 68000
Jun 9, 2008
Buttons are extremely clicky. The back is a bit slippery but the sides have good grip. This is overall just a fantastic case IMO. Shows no fingerprints, the Magsafe is strong and it does not add much bulk to the phone at all. The sides of the phone only touch the soft rubber inside so no worries about scratches. I had 25-30 different cases last year for my 14PM and this was the case that I used the most.

The back of the RealTree is a lot more slippery than the regular ones.

View attachment 2289416
This is a great idea
Yes, it's my #1 case for the 15 Pro Max so far.

View attachment 2289369
Awesome case set up . Do think the case has room for the phone with a back skin ? I hate that they don’t put some soft material inside the case …. And can you confirm is the bottom area near the usb port solid ? I recall some versions had weak areas easy to pull or sag …
Thank you ….

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.