Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

justinf77

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2003
My Benks ArmorPro arrived and like several others, it has a broken power button. It just seems stuck in the pressed-in position and can't be used. Bummer because I was looking forward to trying out my first aramid fiber case.

In better news, my gray Caudabe Sheath arrived and it's great. Action button is a bit mushy compared to the others but I'm OK with it for now, maybe it'll break in over time. It's a tiny button so I wonder if that's the issue with it. Overall, I think the Sheath is gonna be my go-to, unless the Ghost can dethrone it.

infinilo

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2022
View attachment 2289301 View attachment 2289305 View attachment 2289306 View attachment 2289308 View attachment 2289309 "Sunstone"Otterbox Symmetry. I've never had a light coloured case before, but I think I like this. It's going to get pretty grubby eventually I'd guess. Some pics taken - reluctantly - by my other half on her 11P, she says they're good enough!
Wish I saw this before getting the orange sorbet apple silicone. I’ll grab anything orange 😂 does the symmetry really discolor that quickly? Are the sides a silicone or plastic?

julit0

macrumors demi-god
Apr 19, 2010
Torrance, CA
How is the Mujjo case?
I’m totally happy with the Mujjo. Thanks for checking up. I would recommend it. Buttons are just fine for me. Definitely a level up from Apple Leather cases IMO.

Didn’t want to duplicate too much (trying not to annoy) but this is what I posted yesterday.
https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...one-15-plus-pro-pro-max.2400406/post-32601115

I took a few more pics with my various Apple wallet combos and just a couple from yesterday here. Cheers!

Attachments

• IMG_0073.jpeg
    IMG_0073.jpeg
    205.5 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_0080.jpeg
    IMG_0080.jpeg
    264.7 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_0082.jpeg
    IMG_0082.jpeg
    257.6 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_0075.jpeg
    IMG_0075.jpeg
    213.5 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_0081.jpeg
    IMG_0081.jpeg
    220.9 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_0077.jpeg
    IMG_0077.jpeg
    209.4 KB · Views: 110

vine-boating

macrumors 68020
Aug 10, 2017
I’m totally happy with the Mujjo. Thanks for checking up. I would recommend it. Buttons are just fine for me. Definitely a level up from Apple Leather cases IMO.

Didn’t want to duplicate too much (trying not to annoy) but this is what I posted yesterday.
https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...one-15-plus-pro-pro-max.2400406/post-32601115

I took a few more pics with my various Apple wallet combos and just a couple from yesterday here. Cheers!
I have read many times on here that the buttons are bad and the case feels sharp in the hand.
Not sure if I want to take the plunge and try the case despite some bad reviews..

Reactions: julit0

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019
A little mini review for anyone interested, just received my Moment Case (in Indigo) for iPhone 15 Pro (blue).

So far I've tested: a Bare Case, Caseology Parallax, Caudabe Synthesis, Caudabe Veik, Nudient, Otterbox Symmetry, Peak Design Everyday Case, Spigen Liquid Air, Spigen Mag Armour, Torras Ultra Thin and Apple's own Fine Woven.

This is currently comfortably my favourite. I'm really really impressed with it. Great feel, feels lovely, doesn't add too much bulk but feels like good protection.

But.. there's no Action Button cover. I know this is an issue to lots of people. Tbh it doesn't really bother me - if you look on one of my pictures the case 'slopes' down to the action button and it makes it really easy to press. But flagging this up as I know some people won't even consider it on this basis.

Best case I've had in a long time, but everyone's different so obviously YMMV.

View attachment 2289498 View attachment 2289499 View attachment 2289500 View attachment 2289501
Looks nice!

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
My Benks ArmorPro arrived and like several others, it has a broken power button. It just seems stuck in the pressed-in position and can't be used. Bummer because I was looking forward to trying out my first aramid fiber case.

In better news, my gray Caudabe Sheath arrived and it's great. Action button is a bit mushy compared to the others but I'm OK with it for now, maybe it'll break in over time. It's a tiny button so I wonder if that's the issue with it. Overall, I think the Sheath is gonna be my go-to, unless the Ghost can dethrone it.

We waited all this time for Caudabe to implement the action button into their cases and it's Mushy and sucks?

Can you post a couple pictures of the Sheath action button ?

julit0

macrumors demi-god
Apr 19, 2010
Torrance, CA
I have read many times on here that the buttons are bad and the case feels sharp in the hand.
Not sure if I want to take the plunge and try the case despite some bad reviews..
For sure, the corners are not as rounded as the naked phone. But not sharp to me. Feels comparable to the 14PM in an Apple leather case to me.

Maybe I’m not too particular on the buttons, but they’re responsive enough for me.

Reactions: VaderRulez

CMoore515

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2015
Des Moines, IA

Your pictures might've convinced me to give them a shot. How's the magnet with the wallets?

ricktat

macrumors 68000
Feb 18, 2013
You know what really grinds my gears?

2 cases from Dbrand and 2 replacement orders from Flolab being shipped USPS and sitting showing preshipment for 3 days. No idea if they are shipped and USPS hasn’t scanned or just sitting somewhere. This is 4 separate orders

julit0

macrumors demi-god
Apr 19, 2010
Torrance, CA
Your pictures might've convinced me to give them a shot. How's the magnet with the wallets?
Wallets are solid. I would say about as good as they were on the Apple Leather cases. I keep my PM in my front jeans pocket while walking around and I’ve never had the wallet detach going in or out.

Sorry. Didn’t mean to get gross. Had a Ferris Bueller flash back just now. 😆
IMG_8155.jpeg

CMoore515

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2015
Des Moines, IA
Wallets are solid. I would say about as good as they were on the Apple Leather cases. I keep my PM in my front jeans pocket while walking around and I’ve never had the wallet detach going in or out.

Sorry. Didn’t mean to get gross. Had a Ferris Bueller flash back just now. 😆
View attachment 2289590

😂😂 I love Ferris! Even if it is older then me 😜

Now, to think about the proper color match for my Natty Pro Max 😁

• Love

ranjanr

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2021
Which Case Did You Get or Recommend for Natural Titanium iPhone 15 Pro Max ? I am quite confused on this since there are so many options available. I like to hear from people who is already using a case for Natural Titanium.

pin87a

macrumors member
Apr 9, 2011
I had a bunch of cases in and out of here over the past few weeks and weighed them all.
Sharing in case this might help others since the weight of the case itself seems to be rarely published.

ItemWeightPhone + Case
iPhone 15 Pro187g
Pitaka MagEZ 419g206g
TORRAS Magnetic Slim Fit23g210g
Apple FineWoven26g213g
Apple Silicone27g214g
Decoded Leather Back Cover33g220g
Spigen Magnetic Enzo Aramid41g228g

iPhone 14 Pro for reference

ItemWeightPhone + Case
iPhone 14 Pro206g
Pitaka MagEZ 318g224g
Apple Leather26g232g

Some quick thoughts on each case with the 15 Pro:

Pitaka MagEz 4: I had used the MagEZ 3 on my iPhone 14 Pro for a year and it was great. The Mag EZ 4 version for the iPhone 15 Pro is much more "rubbery" and doesn't have a good grip in comparison. A disappointment.

TORRAS Magnetic Slim Fit: Great for a budget case. Really my only complaint was that the lip around the edge seems a bit too high and got in the way of swiping. Perhaps a screen protector eliminates that concern.

Apple FineWoven: Didn't like it at first but after a couple of weeks it's become a favorite. Maybe it won't have good longevity, but it's light and very comfortable to use.

Apple Silicone: As one would expect if you've ever used an Apple Silicone case. Well made, good fit.

Decoded Leather Back: This case is excellent and reminds me of Apple's 14 Pro leather case. A little bit thicker and slightly heavier than Apple's old case, but not enough to matter if you are used to the Apple leather case on the heavier 12/13/14 Pro.

Spigen Magnetic Enzo Aramid: I like this case a lot. Well made, great fit, feels good in the hand, good grip. Unfortunately it's the heaviest case I tested and it erases the weight reduction provided by the iPhone 14 Pro -> iPhone 15 Pro upgrade (at least compared to the iPhone 14 Pro + Pitaka MagEZ combo).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.