Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

MikeyMacintosh

macrumors regular
Oct 4, 2012
California
I just got the Nomad Rugged case in Atlantic blue. I usually don’t like bulky phone cases but overall it’s fairly solid and the aesthetics are appealing. There’s one good hiccup though and that’s with the action button. I can still press and activate the actual action button on the phone by simply pressing on the side of the phone case just right above the action button. Anyone have similar issues that bought this case?

yOyOYoo

macrumors 6502a
Feb 13, 2005
CA
No word from Caudabe on a replacement code for updated action button case. I emailed support about a week ago.
It took about 4 to 5 days for me to get a response from Caudabe. And the code provided will only work with the same color case previously ordered. The email said that I can request a different color so I’ve requested blue (currently have the gray case).

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
I just got the Nomad Rugged case in Atlantic blue. I usually don’t like bulky phone cases but overall it’s fairly solid and the aesthetics are appealing. There’s one good hiccup though and that’s with the action button. I can still press and activate the actual action button on the phone by simply pressing on the side of the phone case just right above the action button. Anyone have similar issues that bought this case?
I can make that happen if I really try, but not under normal use.

kingalien

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2010
Earth
Got the Peel Super Thin Magsafe. Good fit, bit slippery, and cutouts on the left side for the Action, volume and power buttons. I have a Spigen screen protector on and no issues with the case. However, since the case is thin when phone is faced down it is resting on the screen protector. The magnets are strong. Liking it and will give it a try for a week.

Attachments

• IMG_6780.JPG
    IMG_6780.JPG
    504.5 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_6774.JPG
    IMG_6774.JPG
    393.5 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_6778.jpg
    IMG_6778.jpg
    370.9 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_6775.JPG
    IMG_6775.JPG
    449.5 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_6781.JPG
    IMG_6781.JPG
    271.4 KB · Views: 121

Teach8870

macrumors regular
Jan 3, 2016
Got the Peel Super Thin Magsafe. Good fit, bit slippery, and cutouts on the left side for the Action, volume and power buttons. I have a Spigen screen protector on and no issues with the case. However, since the case is thin when phone is faced down it is resting on the screen protector. The magnets are strong. Liking it and will give it a try for a week.
Thinking of going for one of these. Could you post a pic of the phone from the front with the screen on so I can see how the bezels look?

ElisabethE

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2020
Any recommendations for a nice slim case with microfibre lining on the inside along the bumper/edge, not just the back?

I use my phone caseless at home and put on a case quickly when I go out, and in previous years have used an Apple silicone case for this purpose. Thinking maybe I could try something else this year, but don’t want a case that’s hard to put on and remove, or lacks the microfibre and could cause scratches on the titanium.

Afro Blu

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2010
Just got the new Bookbook case from Twelve South. Overall it looks great but the holes at the bottom are uneven.

*edited* it appeared to be covering the speaker but it’s covering part of the screws instead

Last edited:

Joe123Joe

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2022
Looks like they finally changed the material of the black peel, used to be a smudge party on that back of those cases.

Reactions: VaderRulez

vine-boating

macrumors 68020
Aug 10, 2017
So what is the best case to get for the Pro in terms of good grip, good protection?

I have pre-ordered the Caudabe Sheath, but need another case to use until it comes/an alternative...

jetlagged

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2012
So what is the best case to get for the Pro in terms of good grip, good protection?

I have pre-ordered the Caudabe Sheath, but need another case to use until it comes/an alternative...

Just get a cheap spigen protective case on Amazon for now and return it once you get your Caudabe.

I was thinking of doing that but my Caudabe Synthesis arrived before my iPhone 15 PM. So I’m using synthesis now. I’ll get the complementary one with the button cover later on

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
Any recommendations for a nice slim case with microfibre lining on the inside along the bumper/edge, not just the back?

I use my phone caseless at home and put on a case quickly when I go out, and in previous years have used an Apple silicone case for this purpose. Thinking maybe I could try something else this year, but don’t want a case that’s hard to put on and remove, or lacks the microfibre and could cause scratches on the titanium.
I’ve tried a few but keep coming back to the Apple Silicone. So far it’s been unmatched for my use case.

justinf77

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2003
Banks Armor Pro came in and luckily I don’t have the power button issue that others are experiencing. Maybe due to ordering off of AliExpress?

Pros (compared to the Sheath)
-lighter
-better buttons
-soft aramid fiber texture on back

Cons
-magnet not as strong
-shows fingerprints

View attachment 2290337

Benks emailed me about the power button issue and offered to send me both replacement buttons and a full replacement case.

Here’s what they said about the buttons:

First, we want to apologize for any inconvenience caused. This is due to the mismatch problem caused by the first batch of key glue being too thick.

Reactions: Sinistah
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.