Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Nice little Pitaka collection

jvJrxIf.jpg

DvuqE7z.jpg

SkRLKNy.jpg

punisher1-1

macrumors member
Mar 28, 2010
I took off the power button and there was a plastic wrapper covering the rubber pad. I put the power button back in and worked flawlessly.
Benks emailed me about the power button issue and offered to send me both replacement buttons and a full replacement case.

Here’s what they said about the buttons:

Harmonious Zen

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2013
Banks Armor Pro came in and luckily I don’t have the power button issue that others are experiencing. Maybe due to ordering off of AliExpress?

Pros (compared to the Sheath)
-lighter
-better buttons
-soft aramid fiber texture on back

Cons
-magnet not as strong
-shows fingerprints

View attachment 2290337

I can't get past the logo on the rim like that. Why do so many brands do this these days? Casetify is probably the worst, but this isn't great either. I get that it's a branding thing, but there are so many other ways to brand your product that don't mess with the aesthetic so much.

Also not a fan of aramid fiber, but that's a different story.

Sidewolf

macrumors newbie
Apr 27, 2010
Moscow Idaho
No thanks. Modern iPhones are very tough. Cases have not been needed for protection for years, except for those folks who need their phones to stay totally pristine. Cases add weight, volume, sliding friction and cost.

Folks that like cases cosmetically are another cohort of course.
Pristine phones brings top dollar in trade in values and resell. But if money is no issue, then rock on.

Reactions: Mr.C

Sinistah

macrumors member
Oct 18, 2017
Minnesota
I can't get past the logo on the rim like that. Why do so many brands do this these days? Casetify is probably the worst, but this isn't great either. I get that it's a branding thing, but there are so many other ways to brand your product that don't mess with the aesthetic so much.

Agreed, a small logo like Caudabe does look so much better imo

Last edited:
Reactions: AE14

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs

Totally agree. Too much branding is a major no go for me.

I might order one and try to carefully scrap it out.

Reactions: yOyOYoo
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.