Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

evereev33

macrumors newbie
Oct 7, 2023
Long time lurker, first time posting.

I’ve been using this Elago Liquid Silicone MagSafe since launch. I haven’t seen anyone post about it, so I thought I’d contribute. This is the color Stone.

Pros:
- Nice silicone case. Great soft touch feel.
- Grippy - I always drop things and haven’t dropped it yet.
- Feels like it has a good amount of protection.
- Aluminum buttons that are nice and clicky. Action button is covered. Inside is protected.
- Cut outs at the bottom are precise.
- MagSafe is strong.

Cons:
- Too grippy - doesn’t slide into women’s pockets easily. Lint magnet once it’s in there. Plus side, doesn’t fall out either.
- Just above the USB C port, the silicone isn’t reinforced so it stretches when you push or pull on it. It will distort a little everytime I slide up on the bottom. Not saggy (yet), but I can see that piece wearing over time and possibly ripping off.

Overall, I keep coming back to this. It’s not perfect. My biggest gripe is the pocket/lint issue. So I haven’t been putting it in my pockets as much and holding it my hand more. And still haven’t dropped it, as an attest to its grip. And it feels good in hand. The lint also easily comes off when I wipe it with a wet microfiber cloth. Mainly happens with my jeans.

And it’s in my favorite color.

Attachments

• IMG_6383.jpeg
    IMG_6383.jpeg
    487.2 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_6380.jpeg
    IMG_6380.jpeg
    353.4 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_6381.jpeg
    IMG_6381.jpeg
    340.6 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_6384.jpeg
    IMG_6384.jpeg
    358.2 KB · Views: 98

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
That’s great man. Ergonomics wise, which felt better to ya?
Love the feel of the Torras. Don’t like that it scratched so easily. I also really like the Caudabe Sheath - good grip and excellent fit to the phone. However, I should just stop and be happy with my Apple silicone case as that’s the one I seem to use 95% of the time. If they had made a white one, I would have looked no further.

Mylodon

Suspended
Sep 25, 2023
Los Angles
You guys can try using some frosted cases, the best part is that they don't stain with fingerprints.
Showing my new Torras collection. Next, I want to try either Spigen or ESR, but I'm not sure which one is better.
3.PNG

Reactions: VaderRulez

Joe123Joe

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2022
Proud moment: went to the Apple Store just now to get help with an issue with my payment method for subscriptions and saw the black fine woven on the wall and I can’t lie it looks dope on the black titanium… but I quickly told myself I don’t need to spend another 60+ on a case that will be scratched to crap in a day at my job… wasn’t easy but I fought the urge lol

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Proud moment: went to the Apple Store just now to get help with an issue with my payment method for subscriptions and saw the black fine woven on the wall and I can’t lie it looks dope on the black titanium… but I quickly told myself I don’t need to spend another 60+ on a case that will be scratched to crap in a day at my job… wasn’t easy but I fought the urge lol

Still waiting on those Ultra Bounce pictures and final judgement :rolleyes:

MrGrim999

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2023
I heard people have bought from Amazon and not some third party seller and received fake AirPods.
Yes, I’m also hesitant buying premium cases from Amazon even though it’s shipped and sold by Amazon or brand store. They get so many returns I’m sure some of them don’t get inspected and I’m sure scumbags are switching with fakes then returning.

MrGrim999

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2023
I narrowed down to that speckled grippy Mous Limitless 5 and CASETiFY Bounce. I know someone bought the bounce , could we see some pics ?

Reactions: Jimmyone

anizee

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2012
Long time lurker, first time posting.

I’ve been using this Elago Liquid Silicone MagSafe since launch. I haven’t seen anyone post about it, so I thought I’d contribute. This is the color Stone.

Pros:
- Nice silicone case. Great soft touch feel.
- Grippy - I always drop things and haven’t dropped it yet.
- Feels like it has a good amount of protection.
- Aluminum buttons that are nice and clicky. Action button is covered. Inside is protected.
- Cut outs at the bottom are precise.
- MagSafe is strong.

Cons:
- Too grippy - doesn’t slide into women’s pockets easily. Lint magnet once it’s in there. Plus side, doesn’t fall out either.
- Just above the USB C port, the silicone isn’t reinforced so it stretches when you push or pull on it. It will distort a little everytime I slide up on the bottom. Not saggy (yet), but I can see that piece wearing over time and possibly ripping off.

Overall, I keep coming back to this. It’s not perfect. My biggest gripe is the pocket/lint issue. So I haven’t been putting it in my pockets as much and holding it my hand more. And still haven’t dropped it, as an attest to its grip. And it feels good in hand. The lint also easily comes off when I wipe it with a wet microfiber cloth. Mainly happens with my jeans.

And it’s in my favorite color.
Looks great! Someone actually posted about it a few pages back that it was bulky for a silicone case, so I removed it off my shortlist. Is it bulkier than the Apple silicone case?

richxps

macrumors 68000
Jun 9, 2008
Can anyone recommend a case that has the same nice tight fit and solid edges as the speck cases ?

evereev33

macrumors newbie
Oct 7, 2023
Looks great! Someone actually posted about it a few pages back that it was bulky for a silicone case, so I removed it off my shortlist. Is it bulkier than the Apple silicone case?
I don’t have the apple silicone to compare, but I saw it at the store and didn’t think it was that much bulkier.

I do think the apple silicone “slips” into pockets a little easier. But I don’t want to pay that much for something that will degrade after time (I had one for my iPhone X that became a peely mess).

iGeneo

macrumors demi-god
Jul 3, 2010
Is that a matte screen protector out of interest? If so, any good? And what is it?
Didn't see if the OP replied.. I'm using these and they are fantastic

Sukach

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2011
I'm looking for a really thin case for my just ordered 15PM. I'm coming from the (naked) 12P, so I already have to adjust to the size and want a thin case to protect from scratches (<=1mm).

I also want a hard case (no silicone) so I can continue to use my OhSnap grip.

Any recommendations? I like the Bare case, but can't tell what material it uses. I also like the Benks ArmorAir but can't tell the thickness.

Reactions: AVBeatMan

KentuckyHouse

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2010
Lexington, KY.
Didn't see if the OP replied.. I'm using these and they are fantastic

I did reply and the Benks was one of the ones I tried. I absolutely loved it because it’s not as grainy as the other ones, but I realized the little piece at the top that goes over the earpiece was actually blocking the sound coming from it, making phone calls and media sound muffled.

If they’d make a version without that, I’d buy them again in a second.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.