Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Lexio

macrumors regular
Apr 10, 2015
Poland, Kraków
I believe I ordered on 9/17 and I received both the Sienna and the Ocean Blue today. The case feels really good in hand.
is the bulk around the camera not to big for some MagSafe accessories (for example the MagSafe Battery Pack)? Are they laying flat on the phones’ back when attached?

Synomenon

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2011
I know, but the problem is leather is a byproduct of meat production. So unless we just eat less meat, it's not clear that what Apple's suggesting does anything. Plus, synthetic fabrics like finewoven involve industrial processes that may be equally un-green...... ah well, haha.
Many of us understand that, but we also don't have an army of engineers, designers and lawyers like they do, making the decisions. 👍

yOyOYoo

macrumors 6502a
Feb 13, 2005
CA
Do you prefer one versus the other? Thinking of returning the sheath and trying the gripzilla or gripmunk.
Not who you were asking, but I have the Sheath and the Gripmunk. I prefer the overall feel of the Sheath (still waiting for the action button version). Love the fun colors of the Gripmunk, but the material on the back isn’t as grippy as with the Sheath.

KentuckyHouse

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2010
Lexington, KY.
Not who you were asking, but I have the Sheath and the Gripmunk. I prefer the overall feel of the Sheath (still waiting for the action button version). Love the fun colors of the Gripmunk, but the material on the back isn’t as grippy as with the Sheath.

I have both as well and this is exactly how I feel. Both are great, but the Sheath wins head to head.

JBlass421

macrumors 68020
Oct 29, 2019
Anyone notice that the Sheath case covers up the ear speaker with a little awning like deal to let the sound out?

I don't remember last years Sheath having this.

The Synthesis has that same design, different as last year’s as well

MrGrim999

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2023
Here’s the pics. Amateur hour compared to you all… but best I could do at the moment, house is a mess so I had to improvise lol…

Feel like I would like it 100x more without the branding around the camera. Thing is a tank tho and I’d imagine would protect against a nuclear bomb lol.
There it is! So how do you like it so far? Any complaints aside from the accent around the camera?

Reactions: Joe123Joe

JeffnotGeoff

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2022
I'm looking for a really thin case for my just ordered 15PM. I'm coming from the (naked) 12P, so I already have to adjust to the size and want a thin case to protect from scratches (<=1mm).

I also want a hard case (no silicone) so I can continue to use my OhSnap grip.

Any recommendations? I like the Bare case, but can't tell what material it uses. I also like the Benks ArmorAir but can't tell the thickness.
Have a look at the Totallee Thin case. I have one and let me tell you, it’s ultra thin! Would basically provide zero protection except scratches but I love it.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
is the bulk around the camera not to big for some MagSafe accessories (for example the MagSafe Battery Pack)? Are they laying flat on the phones’ back when attached?

Attachments

• IMG_0001.jpeg
    IMG_0001.jpeg
    465.4 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_0001.jpeg
    IMG_0001.jpeg
    465.4 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_0002.jpeg
    IMG_0002.jpeg
    395.9 KB · Views: 100

Joe123Joe

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2022
There it is! So how do you like it so far? Any complaints aside from the accent around the camera?
Nothing else yet, I have to give credit where it is due… this case is EXTREMELY well made. All the plastics look super high quality and put together flawlessly (as they should for $100) but I’m going to run it for a couple more days and I’ll let you guys know how I like it after some real use. I just slapped it on today as I was enjoying the Sheath that arrived that same day as the Ultra Bounce.

guyberry

macrumors member
Mar 23, 2021
I have been using the official Apple silicone case since iPhone 6. First time buying a knockoff.
It really feels pretty much the same as the genuine one when it’s new.
But it is a bit thicker (better protection I guess).
The only complaint is the Apple logo is quite small compare to the real one.
See the side to side comparison with 14 Pro Iris Silicone Case.

Attachments

• IMG_8934.jpeg
    IMG_8934.jpeg
    205.1 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_8964.jpeg
    IMG_8964.jpeg
    285.3 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_8963.jpeg
    IMG_8963.jpeg
    163.6 KB · Views: 111

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010
So my replacement Sheath and Synthesis (action button version) arrived today and they decided to ship out the action button cutout version!

I am so disappointed as I was totally looking forward to the revised versions. I’m sure they will make it right but now to wait for a response and wait for the shipment again…

In other news though I only had the Synthesis so far and just got a Sheath and I have to say it is very nice this year and I love it!

I’ll be going back and forth between the two but for now this Sheath will be staying on my phone for a little while lol

View attachment 2290845 View attachment 2290846

Still waiting for mine. Fingers crossed they send the right one.

Reactions: JBlass421
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.