Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Joe123Joe

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2022
Wasn’t that long. Ordered 9/30 and received on 10/5… but I also paid for the upgraded shipping since I had a few promo code for the case and I’m impatient as you know what. lol

Kinda felt long though when I’m used to Amazon delivering next morning or even same day in my area lol.

vine-boating

macrumors 68020
Aug 10, 2017
I would avoid the Defender Pro as all the edges of your phone rub up against a hard plastic interior shell. I've had the Defender Pro's scratch past phones from this hard plastic shell and with the new scratchable titanium, I wouldn't trust it.
The Symmetry has all soft rubber sides that your phone sits against. I do not have the Benks. The Mous is a good case but IMO the Symmetry is just the best all around case for these new phones.
What do you think is the best colour to get for the Symmetry?
Orange, Green, Blue or Black?

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
If the design and form factor of the iPhone 16 is the same as the 15 as I suspect it probably will be you could continue using it with the new phone unless you decide to get a different model. 🤔

Apple tends to move the buttons around just enough to make cases incompatible between generations so I wouldn’t bank on that.

Is Phone Rebel dead in the water ?

There just late like usual lol

I actually prefer their approach: wait for the phone to be released so you can more precisely engineer your cases vs. pushing out junk that doesn’t fit well or needs to be replaced because the proper features weren’t included.

vine-boating

macrumors 68020
Aug 10, 2017
I wish Best Buy or Amazon would get the color choices in for easy returns.

Reviews on the OB website are saying people’s are arriving scratched.
The case has scratches? Otterbox were silly as well imo for the way they package the case. The case is literally in open cardboard instead of fully sealed/closed.

JBlass421

macrumors 68020
Oct 29, 2019
Mous selling Limitless 5.0 in Forest Green for £90 .

That is equal to approximately one year of Apple Care +.

And if you like me who upgrade every year buying this Mous case doesn’t make sense lol.

But don’t you have a whole collection $50 Silicone and $60 FineWoven Apple cases? lol

Reactions: Sal09

maverick22

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2012
The case has scratches? Otterbox were silly as well imo for the way they package the case. The case is literally in open cardboard instead of fully sealed/closed.
Yes, a few people said their case arrived already scratched (speaking of the Symmetry)

Reactions: Mr.C

ISignedUpToAskThis

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2022
Can't decide what case to get for a Black Titanium 15 Pro.........

- Considering playing it safe with a Black Caudabe Sheath (tried and tested)

- Could take a slight risk and go for a Black Synthesis (never had that case before)

- Could take more of a risk and go for a Purple (Amethyst) Sheath or Synthesis as it looks good

- Maybe a Clay or Cypress Green Silicone case?

- Something else altogether??

Last edited:

MikeyMacintosh

macrumors regular
Oct 4, 2012
California
I also ended up going with a Native Union. Overall pretty happy with it, although I wish they had a navy/blue option.
How’s the buttons on this case? I’m reading up on reviews and it seems like lots of buyers have had complaints with the buttons, as they were very hard to press.

anggurmerah212

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2022
Just received my Mous limitless 5.0 Aramid Fibre, and I gotta say I'm surprised with the quality. It's much better than the 14 pro max version. The edges are not sharp, and the buttons no longer rattle. Also maybe it's just me but I feel like the sides are even grippier than last year.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.