Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
Mous selling Limitless 5.0 in Forest Green for £90 😲.

That is equal to approximately one year of Apple Care +.

And if you like me who upgrade every year buying this Mous case doesn’t make sense lol.
If the design and form factor of the iPhone 16 is the same as the 15 as I suspect it probably will be you could continue using it with the new phone unless you decide to get a different model. 🤔

evereev33

macrumors newbie
Oct 7, 2023
Long time lurker, first time posting.

I’ve been using this Elago Liquid Silicone MagSafe since launch. I haven’t seen anyone post about it, so I thought I’d contribute. This is the color Stone.

Pros:
- Nice silicone case. Great soft touch feel.
- Grippy - I always drop things and haven’t dropped it yet.
- Feels like it has a good amount of protection.
- Aluminum buttons that are nice and clicky. Action button is covered. Inside is protected.
- Cut outs at the bottom are precise.
- MagSafe is strong.

Cons:
- Too grippy - doesn’t slide into women’s pockets easily. Lint magnet once it’s in there. Plus side, doesn’t fall out either.
- Just above the USB C port, the silicone isn’t reinforced so it stretches when you push or pull on it. It will distort a little everytime I slide up on the bottom. Not saggy (yet), but I can see that piece wearing over time and possibly ripping off.

Overall, I keep coming back to this. It’s not perfect. My biggest gripe is the pocket/lint issue. So I haven’t been putting it in my pockets as much and holding it my hand more. And still haven’t dropped it, as an attest to its grip. And it feels good in hand. The lint also easily comes off when I wipe it with a wet microfiber cloth. Mainly happens with my jeans.

And it’s in my favorite color.
I also just tried it, and the buttons are removable. Could do some cool swaps, like I saw someone do with the symmetry.

Attachments

• IMG_2019.jpeg
    IMG_2019.jpeg
    392.9 KB · Views: 96
Reactions: Hooterville

GDF

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2010
Mous selling Limitless 5.0 in Forest Green for £90 😲.

That is equal to approximately one year of Apple Care +.

And if you like me who upgrade every year buying this Mous case doesn’t make sense lol.
Looks nice, although heavier than Apple leather cases.

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019
Here’s the pics. Amateur hour compared to you all… but best I could do at the moment, house is a mess so I had to improvise lol…

Feel like I would like it 100x more without the branding around the camera. Thing is a tank tho and I’d imagine would protect against a nuclear bomb lol.
Nice! Now which one is that?

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
How does this compare to the OB Symmetry in your opinion? I’ve been on the symmetry for a week and don’t even feel the need to look for another case

The Symmetry hands down is a better case all around. The Sheath is nice but I would be scared of dropping my phone on a hard surface with it. The Sheath has little to no screen protection and the sides are mighty thin. Another thing this years Sheath seems to have a rougher surface and it's grabbing lint, dust and crap that is pretty hard to just wipe off. I have a couple little bright white cotton balls stuck in the back and they don't want to move :confused:

The Sheath is good for around the house ETC but if your are looking for drop protection, fuhgeddaboudit :oops:

Last edited:

vacay

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2012
Have a look at the Totallee Thin case. I have one and let me tell you, it’s ultra thin! Would basically provide zero protection except scratches but I love it.

Did you get the clear one or one of the colored ones? Is the back of it slippery?

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
I also just tried it, and the buttons are removable. Could do some cool swaps, like I saw someone do with the symmetry.
Wonder if the non Magsafe versions buttons are the same as this one with MagSafe?
If so, there would be many of cool colors to swap buttons with.

Reactions: VaderRulez

MrGrim999

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2023
Nothing else yet, I have to give credit where it is due… this case is EXTREMELY well made. All the plastics look super high quality and put together flawlessly (as they should for $100) but I’m going to run it for a couple more days and I’ll let you guys know how I like it after some real use. I just slapped it on today as I was enjoying the Sheath that arrived that same day as the Ultra Bounce.
Glad to hear that! I’m still deciding between the Mous limitless 5 and the bounce but making my decision come this Thursday on payday. I’ve heard on here that the Mous has sharp edges but maybe it’s not that bad.

One last question for ya, how long did shipping take to reach u?

Advent0903

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2021
For mous i remember seeing technically tee review apparently the aramid fiber version has that squeaking sound when it was being squeeze on the side , Might wanna check on it .

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
The Symmetry hands down is a better case all around. The Sheath is nice but I would be scared of dropping my phone on a hard surface with it. The Sheath has little to no screen protection and the sides are mighty thin. Another thing this years Sheath seems to have a rougher surface and it's grabbing lint, dust and crap that is pretty hard to just wipe off. I have a couple little bright white cotton balls stuck in the back and they don't want to move :confused:

The Sheath is good for around the house ETC but if your are looking for drop protection, fuhgeddaboudit :oops:
Thank you. You just saved me $40

maverick22

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2012
What do you guys think

What are your thoughts about the Otterbox Defender Pro? I have always used this for protection. I'm wanting to try something different this year for the 15 PM though.

Think the Symmetry is still pretty good for drops compared to the Defender Pro?

Can't decide between the OB Defender Pro, Symmetry, Benks Armor Pro, and Mous Limitless 5.0.

Don't know if the Benks Armor Pro is protective enough.

Thoughts?

Reactions: rmadsen3

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
What do you guys think

What are your thoughts about the Otterbox Defender Pro? I have always used this for protection. I'm wanting to try something different this year for the 15 PM though.

Think the Symmetry is still pretty good for drops compared to the Defender Pro?

Can't decide between the OB Defender Pro, Symmetry, Benks Armor Pro, and Mous Limitless 5.0.

Don't know if the Benks Armor Pro is protective enough.

Thoughts?
I would avoid the Defender Pro as all the edges of your phone rub up against a hard plastic interior shell. I've had the Defender Pro's scratch past phones from this hard plastic shell and with the new scratchable titanium, I wouldn't trust it.
The Symmetry has all soft rubber sides that your phone sits against. I do not have the Benks. The Mous is a good case but IMO the Symmetry is just the best all around case for these new phones.

Danorak81

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2013
UK
Has anyone had experience with Decoded cases?

I like the look of them, they use real leather: but also like the look of the silicone cases too. Just wondering in terms of wear really. I had the Apple leather case for my 14PM (actually had two), and I also had an Apple silicone case for my 12P. I was really disappointed with the finish on all wearing off really quickly (I had the orange case on my 14 and it was shockingly poor).

They do a 10% discount code, so a leather and a silicone would weight in at just over £72. Downside is that postage is £14.

I have toyed with an Apple FW as I can get a 10% discount, but I just don’t trust it to look decent in a months time.

Thoughts?

maverick22

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2012
I would avoid the Defender Pro as all the edges of your phone rub up against a hard plastic interior shell. I've had the Defender Pro's scratch past phones from this hard plastic shell and with the new scratchable titanium, I wouldn't trust it.
The Symmetry has all soft rubber sides that your phone sits against. I do not have the Benks. The Mous is a good case but IMO the Symmetry is just the best all around case for these new phones.
How are the buttons on the Symmetry?

Is it slippery?

Just saw some complaints regarding these on the OB website.

thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.