Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
Has anyone had experience with Decoded cases?

I like the look of them, they use real leather: but also like the look of the silicone cases too. Just wondering in terms of wear really. I had the Apple leather case for my 14PM (actually had two), and I also had an Apple silicone case for my 12P. I was really disappointed with the finish on all wearing off really quickly (I had the orange case on my 14 and it was shockingly poor).

They do a 10% discount code, so a leather and a silicone would weight in at just over £72. Downside is that postage is £14.

I have toyed with an Apple FW as I can get a 10% discount, but I just don’t trust it to look decent in a months time.

Thoughts?
There is soooo much chat about Decoded on here. Use the search function. Look at my post and media history too.

£14 is well worth the postage as there no import taxes upon delivery

Reactions: Danorak81

vine-boating

macrumors 68020
Aug 10, 2017
Just received my Mous limitless 5.0 Aramid Fibre, and I gotta say I'm surprised with the quality. It's much better than the 14 pro max version. The edges are not sharp, and the buttons no longer rattle. Also maybe it's just me but I feel like the sides are even grippier than last year.
Do you have the Pro Max?
I got the case for the 15 Pro and I found the edges too sharp.

Latch6044

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2023
Has anyone had experience with Decoded cases?

I like the look of them, they use real leather: but also like the look of the silicone cases too. Just wondering in terms of wear really. I had the Apple leather case for my 14PM (actually had two), and I also had an Apple silicone case for my 12P. I was really disappointed with the finish on all wearing off really quickly (I had the orange case on my 14 and it was shockingly poor).

They do a 10% discount code, so a leather and a silicone would weight in at just over £72. Downside is that postage is £14.

I have toyed with an Apple FW as I can get a 10% discount, but I just don’t trust it to look decent in a months time.

Thoughts?

Decoded leather & silicone. Really liking both.

I have both. No complaints whatsoever. Rotation covers all my needs.

Reactions: Danorak81

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Symmetry & Sheath. Just some random pics. Notice the Sheath after only a couple hours of use has a bunch of crap stuck on the back o_O

ss01.jpg
ss02.jpg
ss03.jpg

Young Turk

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2002
Pitaka over the horizon MagEZ 4 posted on instagram. Can’t wait to get mine!

View attachment 2289726

Ordered!

Reactions: Boardiesboi

ricktat

macrumors 68000
Feb 18, 2013
Anyone tried this??

Not really a symmetry. Buttons didn’t feel great and no rubber type material on the sides. Same pick up all dust like an Apple TPU case. Not the same protection as a regular symmetry.

hachyderm

Suspended
Sep 15, 2014
Just received my Mous limitless 5.0 Aramid Fibre, and I gotta say I'm surprised with the quality. It's much better than the 14 pro max version. The edges are not sharp, and the buttons no longer rattle. Also maybe it's just me but I feel like the sides are even grippier than last year.
I'm also finding the same thing with my Mous Limitless 5.0 Aramid Fibre case. Very impressed so far.

KentuckyHouse

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2010
Lexington, KY.
Symmetry & Sheath. Just some random pics. Notice the Sheath after only a couple hours of use has a bunch of crap stuck on the back o_O

View attachment 2291520 View attachment 2291521 View attachment 2291526

I can’t understand why you’re getting stuff stuck to the Sheath. I’ve got 3 different colors and nothing sticks to any of them. No pocket lint, no dog hair, nothing.

That’s part of why I love the Sheath. I’ve yet to find another case that has the same mix of grip and that frosted finish that no other case feels like. The Onyx comes the closest with its finish.

maverick22

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2012
I can’t understand why you’re getting stuff stuck to the Sheath. I’ve got 3 different colors and nothing sticks to any of them. No pocket lint, no dog hair, nothing.

That’s part of why I love the Sheath. I’ve yet to find another case that has the same mix of grip and that frosted finish that no other case feels like. The Onyx comes the closest with its finish.
How is the Sheath with fingerprints?

• Haha
Reactions: Surfsalot

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012

It's just little specks of white cotton that stick and are hard to wipe away. Think it's from my front jean pockets.

ricktat

macrumors 68000
Feb 18, 2013

Do you wear skinny jeans like Hooter? He also likes all tattered and cut up. That has to produce more lint

mouzouris

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2020
Anyone got both the Caudabe Sheath and the FineWoven case?

I am curious which of the two is thinner?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.