Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Sal09

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
So my replacement Sheath and Synthesis (action button version) arrived today and they decided to ship out the action button cutout version!

I am so disappointed as I was totally looking forward to the revised versions. I’m sure they will make it right but now to wait for a response and wait for the shipment again…

In other news though I only had the Synthesis so far and just got a Sheath and I have to say it is very nice this year and I love it!

I’ll be going back and forth between the two but for now this Sheath will be staying on my phone for a little while lol

View attachment 2290845 View attachment 2290846
Do they both have slit buttons?

Reactions: VaderRulez

Teach8870

macrumors regular
Jan 3, 2016
Long time lurker, first time posting.

I’ve been using this Elago Liquid Silicone MagSafe since launch. I haven’t seen anyone post about it, so I thought I’d contribute. This is the color Stone.

Pros:
- Nice silicone case. Great soft touch feel.
- Grippy - I always drop things and haven’t dropped it yet.
- Feels like it has a good amount of protection.
- Aluminum buttons that are nice and clicky. Action button is covered. Inside is protected.
- Cut outs at the bottom are precise.
- MagSafe is strong.

Cons:
- Too grippy - doesn’t slide into women’s pockets easily. Lint magnet once it’s in there. Plus side, doesn’t fall out either.
- Just above the USB C port, the silicone isn’t reinforced so it stretches when you push or pull on it. It will distort a little everytime I slide up on the bottom. Not saggy (yet), but I can see that piece wearing over time and possibly ripping off.

Overall, I keep coming back to this. It’s not perfect. My biggest gripe is the pocket/lint issue. So I haven’t been putting it in my pockets as much and holding it my hand more. And still haven’t dropped it, as an attest to its grip. And it feels good in hand. The lint also easily comes off when I wipe it with a wet microfiber cloth. Mainly happens with my jeans.

And it’s in my favorite color.
I’ve been eyeing this case because I love the color. I just wish it was a little thinner!

KentuckyHouse

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2010
Lexington, KY.
Yes slit buttons for better click response has been a thing since like iPhone 13 with Caudabe Sheath and Synthesis

Yep. I used to do the razor blade trick with their cases before they finally added the slits, where you’d push a razor blade through the thinner material beside the buttons to make them more clicky. I was so glad when they finally added the slits so I didn’t have to do that anymore.

thelookingglass

macrumors 68020
Apr 27, 2005
How’s the buttons on this case? I’m reading up on reviews and it seems like lots of buyers have had complaints with the buttons, as they were very hard to press.

I got the Native Union just because it looked cool. They weren’t wrong. The buttons are REALLY hard to press. Like unusually hard. I’d be surprised if they didn’t revise this.

Infinitewisdom

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2012
Can I just bring the discussion back to the oft-maligned FineWoven case? I broke down and got one while I was in the Apple Store. After a few days of use, I have a white magsafe outline on the back, scratches that won’t wipe off, and the fit is terrible. I can literally feel give on the sides. And, did I mention some USB-C cables don’t even work because the cutout is too small?

This guy is going back to the Apple Store next week. I don’t mind the look or feel. Sort of unique. But man, everything else is just piss poor.

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
I got the Native Union just because it looked cool. They weren’t wrong. The buttons are REALLY hard to press. Like unusually hard. I’d be surprised if they didn’t revise this.
I usually use clear cases but I really like the style and the colour of the Kraft one. I think it would actually look good with the Blue Titanium iPhone. However the comments in this thread about the buttons being hard to push put me off buying it. 🙄🤔

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
Can I just bring the discussion back to the oft-maligned FineWoven case? I broke down and got one while I was in the Apple Store. After a few days of use, I have a white magsafe outline on the back, scratches that won’t wipe off, and the fit is terrible. I can literally feel give on the sides. And, did I mention some USB-C cables don’t even work because the cutout is too small?

This guy is going back to the Apple Store next week. I don’t mind the look or feel. Sort of unique. But man, everything else is just piss poor.
From everything I’ve read and heard about the Fine Woven cases leads me to think Apple has made a big mistake introducing them due to serious lack of quality and then being prone to wear so easily and quickly. I wouldn’t be surprised if they discontinued them with the next iPhone release. 🤔

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.