Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Kottu

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2014
not for sale yet but here is one.

Thanks!

Kottu

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2014
Now that is a clean looking case.

But is it worth $150 ?
I bought a sleeve for my MBP 14" in Sweden. It is made of Moose leather and cost me around $80. So, if I want to spend $150 for an iPhone leather case, I do expect a little bit of gold in it (which I don't prefer on my cases). What's the point in having a life time guarantee when I will replace my mobile in two or three years?

Reactions: Azzin

darrinS

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011
So Cal
here’s another one. i had this for my 14 pro max. it’s not as rugged as the phonerebel but it’s nice.

Reactions: VaderRulez

Sal09

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
So quick little update with the Phone Rebel, I'm partial about the removable camera ring. I'm already seeing it pop out a little when removing it. I'm not sure how this case will do if you remove your phone alot. If you do maybe remove it from the bottom.
Its them screws im telling ya 🙄

Reactions: Cerneka

Cruncher

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2010

I did not see it yet on their website. Do they still offer the blue version too?
As a previous owner I should get a discount as far as I remember. Do you have any infos about that?

I had 2 for my 14PM. One had defective leather and was replaces. The second one which I used for about 2 weeks did not held up well. The leather was great but the rubber got very used up like the apple silicon cases after a few weeks. I didn`t liked that.

Lammy

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2013
I think someone on this thread said Pitaka told them it would only be available on their own site.
Email from Pitaka: Amazon will be on sale after Oct 25th, and 600D is available on the official website now, order now and it takes up to 10 days for the US and the majority of EU countries.

Reactions: illmatic41

Sal09

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
Forgot to share this before. Leather is WAYYYYYY less sharp feeling than the aramid version. Maybe the sheet of leather is thicker and doesn’t allow it to feel sharp?
What is your verdict on camera bump lip bottom one missing? I want the green one but hesitant because of that missing lip.

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
How different are the gray Caudabe and the Clay silicone? They both look great and really similar.
I can take some comparison pictures when I get home from the gym in a little while ☺️
That little lip by the charging port? Does it dig into the pinky?

If so, I may cancel my order
It doesn’t dig into mine. It actually feels really good resting my finger on the lip by the charging port.

walds11

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2010
Email from Pitaka: Amazon will be on sale after Oct 25th, and 600D is available on the official website now, order now and it takes up to 10 days for the US and the majority of EU countries.
I wonder why the 600D one is not available on Amazon? Seems odd. I have the MagEZ Case 4 600D Black/Grey (Twill). I prefer 600D over 1500D. If I needed a case with max protection, I’d get the Pro 600D.

GIBBI

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2018
Is there any alternative for the Aramid Mous-Case which can be bought in Europe? I really like the Rebel case, but ordering from US would lead to high shipping and additional customs costs.

I don´t like the branding and the price hike from Mous this year, but I love the protection and form factor those cases give, also the Aramid-Fiber and then higher edges.

Sal09

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
Is there any alternative for the Aramid Mous-Case which can be bought in Europe? I really like the Rebel case, but ordering from US would lead to high shipping and additional customs costs.

I don´t like the branding and the price hike from Mous this year, but I love the protection and form factor those cases give, also the Aramid-Fiber and then higher edges.
Pitaka MagEZ Pro

Spigen Enzo

Benks

Reactions: GIBBI

tzxsean

macrumors member
Jul 1, 2017
Malaysia

Benks ArmorPro?

Reactions: GIBBI

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
I’m getting mine today and same combo …I will try to sport the proper watch band for the combo
Be sure to post some pics! Can’t wait to see what combo you come up with! Im rocking the hasta/light silver band, so not quite a match, but doesn’t look too bad, and this is my daily band so 😉

Attachments

• IMG_1345.jpeg
    IMG_1345.jpeg
    374.1 KB · Views: 73
Reactions: Bkdodger

BrightCanon

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2008
Anyone’s Mous case power button kinda wobbly?

I love the case but it has a little wiggle up and down and it’s kind of annoying. It didn’t rattle or anything. Just has some give. Wondering if this is normal. My old case had the older tpu buttons.

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
Anyone’s Mous case power button kinda wobbly?

I love the case but it has a little wiggle up and down and it’s kind of annoying. It didn’t rattle or anything. Just has some give. Wondering if this is normal. My old case had the older tpu buttons.
It’s normal for floating buttons. Both Mous and Nomad buttons shift a tiny bit, the Mous slightly more than the Nomad.

• Love
Reactions: BrightCanon
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.