Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
I know I’m the minority here, but I don’t get the fascination with the Sheath. The pictures make it look so cheap and flimsy. What am I missing?!
It’s only minimally protective, so you’re right there. The fit is great though, as is the texture which provides just the right amount of grip without being too rough. It’s also one of the only cases I’ve used which doesn’t develop the dreaded MagSafe ring. All that said, I’ve moved on to Mous and Nomad, which provide better protection and a more premium feel, though at the expense of more bulk.

Reactions: VSMacOne

KentuckyHouse

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2010
Lexington, KY.
That little lip by the charging port? Does it dig into the pinky?

If so, I may cancel my order

Not at all. The Sheath is one of the most comfortable “pinkie” cases around. Caudabe rounds off the openings on the bottom so they’re not sharp and it’s really noticeable when you switch away from it to another case that has sharp openings.

steferrari

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2023
Italy
Can recommend the Decoded leather case for anyone after something very close to the old Apple cases.

Great smell, buttons are all nice and clicky (and aligned straight), camera lip is decent as is the screen protection when placed screen down. Lightweight and a nice feel to the leather in hand as well. View attachment 2293205

View attachment 2293202
This one looks so cool, now I'm undecided between Decoded and Andar. 😄

Reactions: RRC

Advent0903

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2021
I know I’m the minority here, but I don’t get the fascination with the Sheath. The pictures make it look so cheap and flimsy. What am I missing?!
I hav been using sheath since like iphone 12 till now 15. The looks is underwhelming while it look cheap and flimsy . That is what i used to think as well. Until you actually try it hands on. Not sure how to explain while it looks flimsy the materiel is like semi sturdy ish . And is a tight fit so it makes it pretty sturdy in comparison of other silicone base case, not sure is it because of the texture or materiel it doesnt wear and tear much in comparison .but of course definitely it cant compare to other protective case like mous or rugged nomad. But hey put it this way better grip to not drop you device rather then drop it . but then again accidents happens so yeah. I use my sheath during my working days in office , protective case for my outdoor.

dmccombs

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2013
I just got the update below from Caudabe. It took a long time to get the Sheath Button version code from Caudabe because their email response was pretty slow. So I got the Button version ordered on 10/3. Even though the website said the Blue color was back-ordered until 10/10, I did not a case out of that batch. It now looks like will get my case around 10/21. I originally order the Sheath on 9/21, so this will be a full month of waiting.

I like the Caudabe cases but this is too much hoop jumping and waiting for me. There are lots of other good cases out there that aren't a hassle to get.

Thanks for the email! Really sorry that we haven't been able to ship out the Sheath Button Cover in Celestial Blue sooner. It's a combination of really high demand and unpredictable manufacturing delays. That said, we do expect to ship another batch out in the next 5 to 7 days. So feel free to just hang on for the time being.​

Advent0903

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2021
Curious about the phone rebel and its long term review . Do share your initial impressions ya
My Phone Rebel Gen 5 is scheduled for delivery on Monday. In the past with them it came a day earlier than expected. So who knows, I may get it on Saturday. Time will tell.

Reactions: VaderRulez

Advent0903

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2021
I just got the update below from Caudabe. It took a long time to get the Sheath Button version code from Caudabe because their email response was pretty slow. So I got the Button version ordered on 10/3. Even though the website said the Blue color was back-ordered until 10/10, I did not a case out of that batch. It now looks like will get my case around 10/21. I originally order the Sheath on 9/21, so this will be a full month of waiting.

I like the Caudabe cases but this is too much hoop jumping and waiting for me. There are lots of other good cases out there that aren't a hassle to get.

Thanks for the email! Really sorry that we haven't been able to ship out the Sheath Button Cover in Celestial Blue sooner. It's a combination of really high demand and unpredictable manufacturing delays. That said, we do expect to ship another batch out in the next 5 to 7 days. So feel free to just hang on for the time being.​
Yeah i can relate, took them a long time when i was enquiring some shipping details, ended up buying from a local reseller , just dont want to deal with them to save the hassle lol

Reactions: dmccombs

Joe123Joe

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2022
What is your verdict on camera bump lip bottom one missing? I want the green one but hesitant because of that missing lip.
It doesn’t really bother me, would I prefer a full rim all the way around, FOR SURE. But it’s the feel in hand that’s a dealbreaker for me. Feels like it’s slowing cutting my fingers off with a cheese cutting string lol… and I don’t have no soft baby hands either. They have some of the best looking cases in my opinion, just too bad that they didn’t round that back corner off a hair.

Reactions: Sal09

Itsedstech

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2011
Kansas
Man just in the nick of time. Rebel coming in hot

Attachments

• IMG_5144.jpeg
    IMG_5144.jpeg
    140.1 KB · Views: 72

Joe123Joe

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2022
Looking forward to this case getting here! Especially now that Andar added the Action Button! Like how the English Tan contrasts with the BlackTitanium… normally I’m all about the blacked out look but this is a nice change of pace for a night out with the lady or something!

Attachments

• IMG_0430.png
    IMG_0430.png
    946.9 KB · Views: 128

Joe123Joe

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2022
Yo @TechnicallyTee nice review of the Nomad Rugged case! I see what you did there with the thumbnail for the video with the dirt and ish!! Looks fire. But I reached out to nomad a few weeks ago asking them if their Rugged case still shows oily smudges like last years did, and they said they slightly changed the material on the back to help with this…do you find this to be true or same as last year??

Sal09

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
It doesn’t really bother me, would I prefer a full rim all the way around, FOR SURE. But it’s the feel in hand that’s a dealbreaker for me. Feels like it’s slowing cutting my fingers off with a cheese cutting string lol… and I don’t have no soft baby hands either. They have some of the best looking cases in my opinion, just too bad that they didn’t round that back corner off a hair.
Lol. I nearly checked out on Amazon. Read your review and its out of my basket now.

Last edited:

TechnicallyTee

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2013
Atlanta
Yo @TechnicallyTee nice review of the Nomad Rugged case! I see what you did there with the thumbnail for the video with the dirt and ish!! Looks fire. But I reached out to nomad a few weeks ago asking them if their Rugged case still shows oily smudges like last years did, and they said they slightly changed the material on the back to help with this…do you find this to be true or same as last year??
Hmmmmmmm it does feel a little different but it’s still going to show smudges for sure.

Reactions: Joe123Joe

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
Not trying to be a Caudabe shill here or anything, but this is my recommendation to everyone considering cancelling their order, and this can actually go for any case; Just give it a shot before cancelling, and if you don't like it, then you can return it for a refund. Then again, it's your money and you are free to do what you want with it!

Sal09

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
Not trying to be a Caudabe shill here or anything, but this is my recommendation to everyone considering cancelling their order, and this can actually go for any case; Just give it a shot before cancelling, and if you don't like it, then you can return it for a refund. Then again, it's your money and you are free to do what you want with it!
Im not cancelling mine. Im very well aware i will not get my case for another 3-4 weeks but im willing to wait and try. If im not happy i will sell it. No returning.

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
Im not cancelling mine. Im very well aware i will not get my case for another 3-4 weeks but im willing to wait and try. If im not happy i will sell it. No returning.
Good to hear! I saw some posts about returning or cancelling the sheath, so that was the main reason for my post, but I just meant in general for every case, I think it's important for people to try things before jumping the gun and just cancelling orders/selling things they purchased immediately.

Reactions: Sal09
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.