Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
Maybe I'm the only one who thinks this rebel 5 case is the ugliest one posted here... very very very bulky, made from TPU, asymmetrical shapes...seems like a cheap one from aliexpress. just my 2 cents, please, dont judge.
Agreed. That bulk is very unnecessary and the case looks very cheap, not my cup of tea 🤷‍♀️
55 grams, yikes

Reactions: kvlq

Joe123Joe

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2022
Just a little update on my Mous limitless. I have a bench top grinding wheel with a soft fabric polishing wheel at work and I used it to smooth the sides that dig into my palm… feels MUCH better in my hand… nothing like grinding down a brand new 70 dollar case! Lmao but got the job done!

• Wow
Reactions: Sal09 and darrinS

ExAndroidUsr

macrumors member
Mar 3, 2020
Sweet baby Jesus YES. The rebel 5 is a home run. The girl on the sides is perfect and I loveeeeee the slightly raised aramid feeling from the back!!! I put on the screen protector until my imos and shellrus sapphire ones come in and while it’s smooth, the thing is a pain to align. And you have to get that sucker on EXACT. Really needs a tray or something. Anyway Some comparisons between the 4 and 5
That is why I did buy Spigens align master for my 15 Pro. It was dead easy to install and it sits perfect, there was one tiny dust spec I did not notice though, so I have one tiny 0,5mm bubble on the screen 🙄 It was completely my fault because I was in a rush to install it at work LOL. They always give you two pieces, but I will wait until this one gets scratched up and only then change it 😁

ExAndroidUsr

macrumors member
Mar 3, 2020
Maybe I'm the only one who thinks this rebel 5 case is the ugliest one posted here... very very very bulky, made from TPU, asymmetrical shapes...seems like a cheap one from aliexpress. just my 2 cents, please, dont judge.
I also do not like bulky cases.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Shame on you guys for crapping on my orange button Symmetry case :(

Nike Volt Green buttons in black Symmetry coming soon..........

Don't worry my Phone Rebel Gen 5 in all it's glorious self will be here tomorrow :cool:

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Just a little update on my Mous limitless. I have a bench top grinding wheel with a soft fabric polishing wheel at work and I used it to smooth the sides that dig into my palm… feels MUCH better in my hand… nothing like grinding down a brand new 70 dollar case! Lmao but got the job done!

Did you get a refund for the Ultra Bouncer ?

ryansebiz

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2008
Sweet baby Jesus YES. The rebel 5 is a home run. The girl on the sides is perfect and I loveeeeee the slightly raised aramid feeling from the back!!! I put on the screen protector until my imos and shellrus sapphire ones come in and while it’s smooth, the thing is a pain to align. And you have to get that sucker on EXACT. Really needs a tray or something. Anyway Some comparisons between the 4 and 5
Is that an Action Button cutout?

Joe123Joe

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2022
Did you get a refund for the Ultra Bouncer ?
I’m working on it. Have to make it to a fed ex or ups to send it back. They don’t issue prepaid postage either, which I thought was a little weak considering the price of their cases they can def afford it. lol

Reactions: ryansebiz

Sal09

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
I’m working on it. Have to make it to a fed ex or ups to send it back. They don’t issue prepaid postage either, which I thought was a little weak considering the price of their cases they can def afford it. lol
They want you to cough the return postage charges?

Matt__James

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2014
Is there a consensus good ultra/very thin case that has MagSafe? I’m not too keen on Peel or Totallee, tried Bare and did not like that. I’ve got a Caudabe Veil and that’s my favourite so far, but it doesn’t have it’s own magnets so the strength of magnetic attachment is not great.

salafman

macrumors newbie
Aug 4, 2022
Westerville, OH
So which do you all think is this year's champ for an aramid fiber case?

Pitaka MagEZ Pro, Benks ArmorPro, Spigen Enzo, Phone Rebel Gen5, or Mous Limitless?
Pitaka Magez pro. Tried the mous and it was too bulky and not as premium feeling. Tempted by the Spigen or Benks, but I think I have enough cases lol

Reactions: justinf77

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
Any UK based members interested in a mint condition, black finewoven case for £32.50, shipped?

I have two - one’s mine, one’s a work colleagues. Both in mint condition, in original packaging and been lightly used for one week. Happy to PM pics if interested??

Reactions: Djones96
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.