Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010
Anyone using/like the Apple Clear case? I’ve been trying it out and apart from the buttons being a bit hard to press, really like it! Just wondering if the buttons might get easier in a few days?

Sal09

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
😮😮😮

IMG_0298.png

Sal09

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
Anyone know The Tech Reviewer’s handle on here. Her review videos are just awesome. The best in my opinion.

Last edited:

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
They are a demand as high as it’s ever been. They are a small operation and doing the best they can. Literally just had a conversation with them yesterday. They are trying their best. I think people need to be a little more patient as this is the first time an iPhone case has been changed up and nobody is giving any brands slack in this situation.

See I can understand this, but scale your operation. Can't be increasing your prices and not expect better. Was such a better company just a few years ago.

KentuckyHouse

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2010
Lexington, KY.
See I can understand this, but scale your operation. Can't be increasing your prices and not expect better. Was such a better company just a few years ago.

Ok, let’s be fair here. Since the iPhone 11, their Sheath prices have gone from $36 to $41 ($5 increase) and the Synthesis has gone from $39 to $42 ($3 increase). And that’s through COVID and post-COVID inflation.

You make it sound like they’ve upped their prices by 25-50%. And if you take a look at other brands (especially “luxury” brands like *cough* Mous *cough*).

They’re a small operation that provides a quality product and whether some people here believe it or not, provide quality customer service.

It’s a case for a phone, people. Let’s keep a little perspective.

TechnicallyTee

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2013
Atlanta
Ok, let’s be fair here. Since the iPhone 11, their Sheath prices have gone from $36 to $41 ($5 increase) and the Synthesis has gone from $39 to $42 ($3 increase). And that’s through COVID and post-COVID inflation.

You make it sound like they’ve upped their prices by 25-50%. And if you take a look at other brands (especially “luxury” brands like *cough* Mous *cough*).

They’re a small operation that provides a quality product and whether some people here believe it or not, provide quality customer service.

It’s a case for a phone, people. Let’s keep a little perspective.
I don’t think people realize how small these companies are. Andar JUST expanded and they had 7 employees forever. These brands aren’t Otterbox and UAG that’s been around for years and years.

KentuckyHouse

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2010
Lexington, KY.
I don’t think people realize how small these companies are. Andar JUST expanded and they had 7 employees forever. These brands aren’t Otterbox and UAG that’s been around for years and years.

And those bigger companies are the ones who have the resources to innovate, yet every UAG and Otterbox have looked basically the same since they opened their doors. (Sure, you can argue Caudabe hasn’t changed their designs much either, but it’s hard to improve on perfection ).

All I’m ever looking for in a case is a solid fit, good grip, and a simple design. OBs have always been too slick to me while UAG is way too over the top for my tastes. Then there’s Speck who’ve basically trotted out the same case designs for YEARS. Not that all of those companies don’t make good/great cases, but to me none of them touch tiny little Caudabe.

I’m on a rant, so I’ll finish with this: I’m also done with Nomad (speaking of a company that hasn’t changed their designs in years). How long have we griped about their crappy, sharp, symmetrical bottom cutouts (same for Moment)? Yet they never listen.

People should use what they like, so I’ll stick to Caudabe. I’ve got their Sheath on my S23 Ultra, too (and my S22 Ultra before that). I just wish they’d expand and offer the Sheath for the Pixel too.

Infinitewisdom

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2012
I know I’m the minority here, but I don’t get the fascination with the Sheath. The pictures make it look so cheap and flimsy. What am I missing?!

Just my opinion, but the random photos on here don’t do it justice. It looks great in person. It’s just a really sleek case with just the right amount of design. I’m not a fan of 95% of the cases people post on here, like the Mous or phonerebel. They look over designed and their logos are all over the place. I don’t mind an Apple logo, but I really don’t want to be advertising a third party case manufacturer everywhere (sorry if that sounds snobby). Caudabe’s stuff has a knack for looking minimalist but fancy at the same time if that makes sense. But if you’re into loud and busy designs, they probably arent for you. It’s a subjective thing.

And once you get the Sheath in your hands, the fit and feel is like a custom made glove, as I was trying to explain in another thread. It’s hard to really put into words but it’s just one of those things where it feels quality the more you use it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.