Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Sal09

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
And those bigger companies are the ones who have the resources to innovate, yet every UAG and Otterbox have looked basically the same since they opened their doors. (Sure, you can argue Caudabe hasn’t changed their designs much either, but it’s hard to improve on perfection ).

All I’m ever looking for in a case is a solid fit, good grip, and a simple design. OBs have always been too slick to me while UAG is way too over the top for my tastes. Then there’s Speck who’ve basically trotted out the same case designs for YEARS. Not that all of those companies don’t make good/great cases, but to me none of them touch tiny little Caudabe.

I’m on a rant, so I’ll finish with this: I’m also done with Nomad (speaking of a company that hasn’t changed their designs in years). How long have we griped about their crappy, sharp, symmetrical bottom cutouts (same for Moment)? Yet they never listen.

People should use what they like, so I’ll stick to Caudabe. I’ve got their Sheath on my S23 Ultra, too (and my S22 Ultra before that). I just wish they’d expand and offer the Sheath for the Pixel too.
You had me at hard to improve on perfection 😎.

Man I ordered Sheath because of you and @JBlass421.

I am a mediocre case enthusiast but here im hoping that it lives upto my expectations fuelled by all the good things written about Sheath on this forum.

Otherwise I am going to turn Liam Neeson (that guy from Taken) on you.

Joking 🙄

JBlass421

macrumors 68020
Oct 29, 2019
You had me at hard to improve on perfection .

Man I ordered Sheath because of you and @JBlass421.

I am a mediocre case enthusiast but here im hoping that it lives upto my expectations fuelled by all the good things written about Sheath on this forum.

Otherwise I am going to turn Liam Neeson (that guy from Taken) on you.

Joking

Damn I really hope you like it! That gray sheath on natty Ti is fire in my opinion! Can’t wait to hear your thoughts.

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Nomad Modern Leather...an absolute winner

mkSODIZ.jpg

Look for tasty them buttons are lol

45gMT4C.jpg

Surfsalot

Suspended
Mar 18, 2023
I really like the Mous Limitless this year. I love the Phone Rebel but I don’t think it’s good for me as many times as I remove a case. I just don’t know how that camera ring is going to last. Best case probably for someone who isn’t removing the case all the time.
Do you know how strong the magsafe is on the UAG monarch v the mous?

Surfsalot

Suspended
Mar 18, 2023
Ok, let’s be fair here. Since the iPhone 11, their Sheath prices have gone from $36 to $41 ($5 increase) and the Synthesis has gone from $39 to $42 ($3 increase). And that’s through COVID and post-COVID inflation.

You make it sound like they’ve upped their prices by 25-50%. And if you take a look at other brands (especially “luxury” brands like *cough* Mous *cough*).

They’re a small operation that provides a quality product and whether some people here believe it or not, provide quality customer service.

It’s a case for a phone, people. Let’s keep a little perspective.
Overpriced imo for what they are, $75AUD for us. My 14 pro sheath I got off eBay for $40AUD which is about right.
They must have a big markup if they can just give people 2 for 1 price lol

Only timed have cracked a screen was in a sheath dropped it onto a cupboard draw from 3 ft, side of the case came away and side screen hit the draw.
The sides are soft and pull away easily v the mous.

TNThomas

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2012
What's the diff between the modern and the Horween? Have had Horween but not the modern.
The type of leather is the only difference. Horween leather is used on the Horween version (surprise ;)) and I think Ecco leather is used on the Modern one, which is a bit cheaper.

Reactions: Surfsalot

JordanB83

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2021
The type of leather is the only difference. Horween leather is used on the Horween version (surprise ;)) and I think Ecco leather is used on the Modern one, which is a bit cheaper.
The modern leather is also water resistant so it’s a good choice if you ever get your case wet. I had this for my 14 pro and it poured when I was walking around Disneyworld and the case dried off with no issues or damage. also this year the buttons are metal and the concave sides give it a great feel in the hand. Very nice case

darrinS

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011
So Cal
i’ve gotta say, using the phone with the pr gen 5 is really nice. swiping from the bottom and the sides is really smooth. i have the spigen glass and it’s almost flush with the case. and even though the case is on the heavy side, picking up the phone from the table is easy and feels secure. like i have the enzo aramid and picking up the phone from the table doesn’t feel as secure, feels like it’ll slip from my hand.

thelookingglass

macrumors 68020
Apr 27, 2005
Just my opinion, but the random photos on here don’t do it justice. It looks great in person. It’s just a really sleek case with just the right amount of design. I’m not a fan of 95% of the cases people post on here, like the Mous or phonerebel. They look over designed and their logos are all over the place. I don’t mind an Apple logo, but I really don’t want to be advertising a third party case manufacturer everywhere (sorry if that sounds snobby). Caudabe’s stuff has a knack for looking minimalist but fancy at the same time if that makes sense. But if you’re into loud and busy designs, they probably arent for you. It’s a subjective thing.

And once you get the Sheath in your hands, the fit and feel is like a custom made glove, as I was trying to explain in another thread. It’s hard to really put into words but it’s just one of those things where it feels quality the more you use it.
Well said. Caudabe cases and Apple cases are the only ones I usually consider because of the aesthetics. So many other cases have so many unnecessary lines, nooks, crannies, bumps. It’s like just give me something that looks classy and works well. There’s nothing cleaner than a new Sheath on an iPhone IMO.

I did get adventurous this year annd also tried a Native Union case, a Nomad Sport case, and the UAG Monarch. Not even sure why I tried the UAG because the aesthetic hurts my eyes. All three had such a loose fit compared to my Sheath it was honestly a little puzzling. The UAG also had a comically weak magnet. So it was back to the Sheath I went. It just checks all the important boxes.

Svenko

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2023
Finally received Pitaka’s reply. Fair enough. I never read the full FAQ and will probably keep it as I like the case so much.

View attachment 2294525
Hey!

Just wanna let you know that my pitaka horizon case has the same problem.
The lines looking strange and u can even feel them on the back.
The structure feels different (not good) if u compare the horizon design with the texture near the Camera u can feel a difference.

The other blue case (milky way) does not has this Problem.
No lines, structure is Like it should be on the back.
Its Like a different case at the Back.

So i will keep the milky way and send the horizon back (its from amazon.de), cause i rly like the feeling thickness and the design.

Sorry for my english.

Matt__James

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2014
Is there a consensus good ultra/very thin case that has MagSafe? I’m not too keen on Peel or Totallee, tried Bare and did not like that. I’ve got a Caudabe Veil and that’s my favourite so far, but it doesn’t have it’s own magnets so the strength of magnetic attachment is not great.
Just a lil bump in case anyone's got any thoughts on this. Should have also added above I tried the Torras ultra thin too and didn't like it - a clearly visible gap you can see through looking downwards.

I also had a Nudient case arrive today but can't stand it, cutout for the USB-C port is weird AF!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.