Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

deebo007

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2023
To update, got my 3rd Benks Pro Armor, The magsafe alignment is great but the power button is again solid and inoperable. Time for another return...

Matt__James

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2014
View attachment 2294698

Need some love for the Moft Movas case! Bought the seafoam colour for my natural titanium and the case is AWESOME. I saw someone posting about this case maybe 50 pages back or so and I saw it in the mall and got really intrigued.

It’s slim and sleek, so doesn’t add too much bulk to the phone. Even though it is a plain case at the back, the vegan leather still has a nice grip. It’s not too heavy, and i love the brushed metal buttons they have. Maybe some people will find it a bit sharp but it’s very clicky and feels really nice to press.

The seafoam colour is the icing on the cake. I love green and this is a subtle, pale green that really complements the natural titanium. Sorry i only have a crappy photo from my iPhone SE.
Looks nice. How tight is the fit? Top corners seem to come off so many cases I try (except the Caudabe ones), does this one get that?

Also, how does it feel? I actually don't like the feel of leather cases, but some faux leather ones I've tried feel different-enough to leather than I like them. So I'm hoping you say it feels more like a synthetic material case!

Reactions: VaderRulez

Maz39

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2021
Nomad Modern Leather...an absolute winner

mkSODIZ.jpg

Look for tasty them buttons are lol

45gMT4C.jpg
Can we get a shot of the front to see how it fits?

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
To the fellow cyclists - what case + mount do you use on the bike? With the 11 Pro I used Spigens system and I was really satisfied with it, but before the 15 series was released I did send them a message and they replied that they do not plan to release a case for the 15 Pro 🥲 I also had SP connect (mount + case) but that was not that stable thus I switched to Spigen.

This is what I use ...nothing comes close IMO

Get the Mag case too

Reactions: ExAndroidUsr

Cruncher

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2010
I really like this years nomad case with the grip on the side and the metal buttons but I hate the cutout at the bottom. I wish they would do the actual cutouts and either get rid of the lynard attachment or put one on the right side. I think 95% or even more do not use it either.
Also a blue leather color would be nice. They can leave the rubber black and it would look beautiful.

Reactions: TNThomas and Pug72

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
View attachment 2294698

Need some love for the Moft Movas case! Bought the seafoam colour for my natural titanium and the case is AWESOME. I saw someone posting about this case maybe 50 pages back or so and I saw it in the mall and got really intrigued.

It’s slim and sleek, so doesn’t add too much bulk to the phone. Even though it is a plain case at the back, the vegan leather still has a nice grip. It’s not too heavy, and i love the brushed metal buttons they have. Maybe some people will find it a bit sharp but it’s very clicky and feels really nice to press.

The seafoam colour is the icing on the cake. I love green and this is a subtle, pale green that really complements the natural titanium. Sorry i only have a crappy photo from my iPhone SE.
I was waiting for someone to post this case cause I was thinking about potentially buying it. Do you think it's worth the money?

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
I really like this years nomad case with the grip on the side and the metal buttons but I hate the cutout at the bottom. I wish they would do the actual cutouts and either get rid of the lynard attachment or put one on the right side. I think 95% or even more do not use it either.
Also a blue leather color would be nice. They can leave the rubber black and it would look beautiful.

I only care that it doesn't have that droopy bottom, and it does not. Rock solid. I do not care about the bottom cutout and see zero issues with it. Maybe an aesthetic standpoint sure, but no other reason.

ExAndroidUsr

macrumors member
Mar 3, 2020

Get the Mag case too

after searching for a new system facebook spams me with quadlock 😁 Maybe I will give it a try, thanks!

anizee

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2012
Looks nice. How tight is the fit? Top corners seem to come off so many cases I try (except the Caudabe ones), does this one get that?

Also, how does it feel? I actually don't like the feel of leather cases, but some faux leather ones I've tried feel different-enough to leather than I like them. So I'm hoping you say it feels more like a synthetic material case!

Hmm it does not feel like exact real leather? I don’t know how to describe it but it feels somewhat like leather, but in a way that you know it’s not real leather? Bit like the PU leather you see on those accessories, but just feels a bit more premium? The fit seems good, i just tried dropping it onto a mattress from 5 feet, and none of the sides came off.

I was waiting for someone to post this case cause I was thinking about potentially buying it. Do you think it's worth the money?
I love it! It’s not the cheapest case and probably not for everyone, especially if grip is your top priority. After all it’s (vegan) leather so you cant expect the same type of grip as a rubber case, but the fit, the level of grip, the texture of the buttons and the colour to me all mean that this will be the case i keep this year (trust me, i am picky about my cases!).

Pug72

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2012
England
To update, got my 3rd Benks Pro Armor, The magsafe alignment is great but the power button is again solid and inoperable. Time for another return...

I think I read here somewhere that you can pop it out and remove excess clear plastic or something?

julit0

macrumors demi-god
Apr 19, 2010
Torrance, CA

Get the Mag case too

after searching for a new system facebook spams me with quadlock 😁 Maybe I will give it a try, thanks!
Quadlock is legit! I use them on my Motorcycle - mounted directly to either the Handlebar Clamp Bolts or one of my Mirrors. Case is "bombproof" and they also have a great antivibration mount (Protect that OIS). The camera bump is made such that the case lies perfectly flat when camera side down.

This is a mag case with their wallet as well. They(QL) do recommend mag mount for more “stable” mounts like a desk or a car. For bicycle and motorsports (off-road/motorcycle and the like) - still use the traditional locking which you see inside the blue ring. They ship fast and have a ton of different mounts. I have a buddy who only wants one case for 95% of the time so he puts QL mounts in his car and motorcycle so he doesn’t have to switch cases.

The mag case also works with other MagSafe wallets and mounts but I haven’t seen it work for MagSafe charging.

If you are a Veteran or First Responder, they offer a nice discount, too. You have to ask them for a code and provide proof of service.

Edit: added 2 more pics of the anti-vibe mount. It’s modular and builds into the QL attachment.

Attachments

• IMG_7912.jpeg
    IMG_7912.jpeg
    351.7 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_7910.jpeg
    IMG_7910.jpeg
    382.6 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_7911.jpeg
    IMG_7911.jpeg
    406.3 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_7909.jpeg
    IMG_7909.jpeg
    545.9 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_7908.jpeg
    IMG_7908.jpeg
    684.7 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_3979.jpeg
    IMG_3979.jpeg
    278.3 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_3981.jpeg
    IMG_3981.jpeg
    301.1 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

Pug72

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2012
England

I have the Benks Mist (matte) back case on day 1 of my 15 Pro Max purchase, got it just intending for temporary usage when buying a screen protector across the Apple Store. Ended up liking it so much that I wanted a backup, checked online to know there is an aramid version in Benks Armor Pro.

Got this few days ago, initially was totally disappointed due to the power button being stuck (it is a wide spread issue, looks like a whole 2nd batch is infested with this according to recent reviews). Took it back to the shop and got refunded, the shop guys are disappointed as well and just let me have the case since they were gonna throw it away anyway. At home I took the case apart and found out the stuck button can be fixed by removing a protective plastic, and then another adhesive padded layer, as long as you are left with just the metal piece the button can be unstuck.

So I ended up having a perfectly good aramid case for free. Been using it for 3 days, can confidently say this is the best case I have ever used. The whole back panel is aramid, but the side ring is dense rubber with very decent grip, round without edges but still holds in your hand. The side buttons are all metal as said, clicky, protrude enough so easy to blind touch, but hard enough to never get accidental presses. The metallic camera ring feels like right height, just enough to protect the lenses from sticking out while being absolutely tough, in fact I fear it is damaging my other stuff or the surfaces I slam the phone on. Lastly it is the weight, it is by no means light with the materials used, but they seem to have made sure just enough is used in all places so the whole thing does not feel bulky and heavy. And the best part is the price, the shop was selling it for just $25 dollars but then I got it free even. lol.

Not sure if you want to try it or get it replaced, but there's the post about a fix.

Sal09

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
It sure doesn't look like there is any coating on the back of the buttons or that huge metal Rebel logo that will be rubbing on the back of your phone :( On a better note, the side grips are fantastic.

View attachment 2294840 View attachment 2294842 View attachment 2294847
Oh Man that sucks.

I bet you all were ready to make love to your devices in Phone Rebel case.

I know this might offend many on here.

We all know design of Phone Rebel is a copy of Pitaka Magcase for XS.

I guess whatever Pitaka does Phone Rebel copies it.

Pitaka released bare metal buttons this year Phone Rebel did the same lol.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
I agree, no coating at all.

Guess we will have to purchase the updated buttons to get the coating on the back. They did the same thing last year with the Gen 4. Buttons were raw metal and after everyone complained they added a sticker to back of the buttons.

Think I'll send an email and ask for buttons with a protective coating on the back.

JBlass421

macrumors 68020
Oct 29, 2019
Oh Man that sucks.

Shots fired!

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Oh Man that sucks.

Had the lube out and ready to go :p Now, the party just went soft :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.