Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Phone Rebel had metal buttons last year?
Yep, and I had them all:

buttons01.jpg

Sal09

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
To each their own I guess. If every single member here complained about every single case they don't like, then this thread would probably be over 2000 pages long. I just don't think it is very constructive or helpful.
I guess you need to start from page 1 then.

You will find complaint about every single case posted in here.

From cutouts to fitting, from metal buttons to mushy buttons, too bulky or too tight but i guess one is not allowed to talk about Phone Rebel in a negative way or the world will stop lol.

And this the very reason this thread exists.

Which Case Did You Get or Recommend and Why.

Im sure you will post your experience and recommendations to help other members find a perfect case.

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
@IconIc215 pointed out that Caudabe has added the Gray synthesis to their website, in my opinion the synthesis looks better than the Sheath, even though I already have the Gray sheath, I'm tempted to get the synthesis as well.. but I absolutely do not need another case.:rolleyes:

Reactions: KentuckyHouse

geek36

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2012
a lot of case company, really.
i have:
1. Nomad - www.nomadgoods.com (this is the case i am currently using it) highly recommended on the leather one. great grips too.
2. Spigen - www.spigen.com
3. Dbrand - www.dbrand.com ( promises to replace case lifetime for yellowing ) with anti-yellowing component on their case
4. bandwerks
5. rhinoshield

to name a few. but these few i mentioned has some of my most recommended brands.

Reactions: thekidat

Sal09

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
i have:
1. Nomad - www.nomadgoods.com (this is the case i am currently using it) highly recommended on the leather one. great grips too.
3. Dbrand - www.dbrand.com ( promises to replace case lifetime for yellowing ) with anti-yellowing component on their case
4. bandwerks
5. rhinoshield

to name a few. but these few i mentioned has some of my most recommended brands.
Rhinoshield. I saw a review by The Tech Reviewer (her YT handle) that Solid Suit is very very slippery. Is that true?

Do their cases still suffer for edges peeling and very tight to remove ?

geek36

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2012
i haven't used rhinoshield since my last iphone which was 13 pro. they're kinda slippery, just like casetify cases. but there are cases that uses rubber texture on the edges like a bumper which will be inserted after you slipped the phone inside the main housing. i find them grippy and does not loose it's grippy texture over time though. not sure for cases for 15 series.

Reactions: Sal09

shady16

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2019
100% metal buttons on Gen5. No lining etc. not good!
b5fefb4c52e6f7a6993aa163cc6be63e.jpg

cc66ad85267d55a125dac79d25260a2b.jpg
eh i have the natural titanium doubt that will be noticable besides i only keep my phone for 1 year so i dont see whats everyones fuss about no protection on the buttons is about doubt it would scratch your phone anyways and besides if you dont go caseless you wont even notice.

Reactions: JBlass421

timeconsumer

macrumors 68020
Aug 1, 2008
Portland
Does anybody know when Pitaka usually releases their limited edition cases and if there’s a way to get notified when they do? They have some cool designs for their limited edition cases and I would like to pick one up.

Hedo

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2016
i have:
4. bandwerks
5. rhinoshield

I haven´t seen any pics of cases from Bandwerk, could you maybe post a pic or two? :)

thekidat

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2017
Bay Area, CA
eh i have the natural titanium doubt that will be noticable besides i only keep my phone for 1 year so i dont see whats everyones fuss about no protection on the buttons is about doubt it would scratch your phone anyways and besides if you dont go caseless you wont even notice.
Totally agree with this. I have never used a case with inside button protection before and my buttons have always looked pristine anyways.

salafman

macrumors newbie
Aug 4, 2022
Westerville, OH
Totally agree with this. I have never used a case with inside button protection before and my buttons have always looked pristine anyways.
I think the issue is metal on metal contact maybe? Not all buttons are made the same, but what do I know lol. Kind’ve worried now since I have a Pitaka MagEz pro without that button protection.

Sal09

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
I really think alot of us are on the quest for the perfect case and in reality it doesn’t exist. There is something you can point out about any case. You just have to find what works best for you and go from there. I feel sometimes we go round and round about the same issues.
When are Caudabe sending you their cases (with action button cover) for review?

Reactions: VaderRulez

Young Turk

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2002
View attachment 2294698

Need some love for the Moft Movas case! Bought the seafoam colour for my natural titanium and the case is AWESOME. I saw someone posting about this case maybe 50 pages back or so and I saw it in the mall and got really intrigued.

It’s slim and sleek, so doesn’t add too much bulk to the phone. Even though it is a plain case at the back, the vegan leather still has a nice grip. It’s not too heavy, and i love the brushed metal buttons they have. Maybe some people will find it a bit sharp but it’s very clicky and feels really nice to press.

The seafoam colour is the icing on the cake. I love green and this is a subtle, pale green that really complements the natural titanium. Sorry i only have a crappy photo from my iPhone SE.

What store did you find it at? I ordered online 9 days ago but it hasn’t shipped and c/s hasn‘t responded.

Surfsalot

Suspended
Mar 18, 2023
I said the same thing in the Caudabe thread. While the felt is nice, it likely had something to do with it. I don't recall this on the 14 PM series of Sheath's and they had magsafe. Obviously not the end of the world, its just aesthetic and up to everyone's tolerance whether they accept it or not.
I am still using the sheath on and off on my 14 pro, never had the ring, they've ruined it lol

sounds like the synth is the go now

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.