Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Sal09

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
Shots fired!
They copied this design to begin with.

s-l1600.jpg s-l1600 (1).jpg

Sal09

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
Guess we will have to purchase the updated buttons to get the coating on the back. They did the same thing last year with the Gen 4. Buttons were raw metal and after everyone complained they added a sticker to back of the buttons.

Think I'll send an email and ask for buttons with a protective coating on the back.
I hope they send you updated buttons free of charge.

Reactions: VaderRulez

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
All BS aside Phone Rebel Gen 5 is a fantastic case. The fit is tight, super duper grip, perfect clicky buttons, rough texture aramid fiber on the back, feels great in the hand, real strong MagSafe magnets and IMO just looks great. The metal buttons and Rebel logo do need some kind of protective backing and the USB-C opening is kind of small. Here are some pics:

reb01.jpg
reb02.jpg
reb03.jpg
reb05.jpg
reb04.jpg
reb06.jpg
reb07.jpg
reb08.jpg

Last edited:

codeunrwolfpack

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2009
Oh Man that sucks.

I bet you all were ready to make love to your devices in Phone Rebel case.

I know this might offend many on here.

We all know design of Phone Rebel is a copy of Pitaka Magcase for XS.

I guess whatever Pitaka does Phone Rebel copies it.

Pitaka released bare metal buttons this year Phone Rebel did the same lol.
Why do you hate on Phone Rebel so much? Let people enjoy whatever case they want. It isn't that hard to put something on the back of the buttons if you are that worried about them scratching your phone. I agree you shouldn't have to, but it really isn't a hard issue to solve.

Danorak81

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2013
UK
Just received the Decoded Leather case in Black.
Oh man, I love it.
Feels so much better than the FW and even better than the Apple leather case of my 13PM ...
Where abouts are you based? Just wondered about shipping times etc: I ordered on Monday, it’s day 5 and I’ve had no order updates or anything yet. I suspect demand is high, but was just hoping to have heard something by now.

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019
All BS aside Phone Rebel Gen 5 is a fantastic case. The fit is tight, super duper grip, perfect clicky buttons, rough texture aramid fiber on the back, feels great in the hand, real strong MagSafe magnets and IMO just looks great. The metal buttons and Rebel logo do need some kind of protective backing and the USB-C opening is kind of small. No, I will not be using this case until the buttons with a protective backing are available in who knows how many months from now. Here are some pics:

View attachment 2294908 View attachment 2294909 View attachment 2294911 View attachment 2294912 View attachment 2294913 View attachment 2294914 View attachment 2294919 View attachment 2294923

Looks awesome! I think mine is still scheduled for a Monday delivery. Looks like I will not be using it until the issues you mentioned are addressed, or I just send it back for a refund lol. What a pain. Case does look pretty sweet though. Thanks for your awesome pics!

Reactions: Hooterville

Sal09

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
Why do you hate on Phone Rebel so much? Let people enjoy whatever case they want. It isn't that hard to put something on the back of the buttons if you are that worried about them scratching your phone. I agree you shouldn't have to, but it really isn't a hard issue to solve.
Its a forum every one got their opinion including me. Few days ago members were slagging Caudabe for being poor and so on.

Its a forum not a kindergarten where everything said becomes an issue of hate or dislike lol.

Members can buy and enjoy whatever they want and desire no body including me is stopping them.

Everyone here is allowed to freely express their views within the forum rules.

To me that case looks ugly but for @Hooterville it is one sexy case.

Which is absolutely fine lol.

There are numerous members on here who are hating trashing Finewoven cases but I like that case.

Its their opinion.

So there is no hate just you are thinking that way lol.

Last edited:

codeunrwolfpack

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2009
Its a forum every one got their opinion including me. Few days ago members were slagging Caudabe for being poor and so on.

Its a forum not a kindergarten where everything said becomes an issue of hate or dislike lol.

Members can buy and enjoy whatever they want and desire no body including me is stopping them.

Everyone here is allowed to freely express their views within the forum rules.

To me that case looks ugly but for @Hooterville it is one sexy case.

Which is absolutely fine lol.

There are numerous members on here who are hating trashing Finewoven cases but I like that case.

So there is no hate just you are thinking that way lol.
To each their own I guess. If every single member here complained about every single case they don't like, then this thread would probably be over 2000 pages long. I just don't think it is very constructive or helpful.

Joe123Joe

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2022
Oh Man that sucks.

I bet you all were ready to make love to your devices in Phone Rebel case.

I know this might offend many on here.

We all know design of Phone Rebel is a copy of Pitaka Magcase for XS.

I guess whatever Pitaka does Phone Rebel copies it.

Pitaka released bare metal buttons this year Phone Rebel did the same lol.
Phone Rebel had metal buttons last year?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.