Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Maz39

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2021
Fit is top shelf

Z5t0wBU.jpg

vVYwZPq.jpg
Thank you. That is a beautiful case

Reactions: thatappleguytoday

darrinS

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011
So Cal
Gen5. Well designed overall. But metal buttons have no felt on them so will eventually damage original buttons. One of my two cases has the aramid fibre lifting and the case adds a lot of extra weight. Probs return for a refund.
but they do have some sort of padding, like a thin film or tape. do you guys think it’ll scratch the iphone?

geek36

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2012
I haven´t seen any pics of cases from Bandwerk, could you maybe post a pic or two? :)
my friend has the bandwerk case. he is using it for his 14pro. i like the fit and feel of it. feels very premium. wish i could take pics of it. lol

richxps

macrumors 68000
Jun 9, 2008
Anyone with both Mous and Phone rebel 5 ? What has the better quality ? Have a hard time picking.

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019
my friend has the bandwerk case. he is using it for his 14pro. i like the fit and feel of it. feels very premium. wish i could take pics of it. lol

Never heard of those cases. Just looked them up. They are quite nice looking though.

Sal09

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
Any new combo pics today?

Are we all settled on that something something or are we still looking for that something something?

Im settled on:

All colours of Finewoven
OT Symmetry Black
Gray Sheath (when it delivers)
Clay Silicone was returned as I wont get time to use it.
Going caseless indoors lol.

That is me done for this year.

Pug72

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2012
England
I’m back with the Benks Armor Pro at the mo. It’s a bit ‘stealthier’ than the Enzo with its darker camera ring and buttons. The aramid is nicer to the touch too, kinda feels velvetier if that makes sense.

That said, I am looking for something with a bit of colour for a change. Maybe something rugged looking too.

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL

Are we all settled on that something something or are we still looking for that something something?

Im settled on:

All colours of Finewoven
OT Symmetry Black

This is my rotation and think I am good with this...

Silicone option is Cypress Apple case
Leather option is Nomad Modern Leather
Active option is Nomad Rugged
Thin case is Pitaka StarPeak
Clear case option is Spigen Mag Ultra Hybrid
Fitness case is Quadlock MAG

Also caseless in the house most of the time

Think I have a case for each situation lol

darrinS

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011
So Cal
you guys ruin everything. i was loving my pr gen 5 until you had to point out that the buttons and name plate will scratch the phone. now i’m not so sure. i want a case with the same grip but protected buttons and ig microfiber full lining. i have the dbrand grip case, but the action button is way too sensitive. it presses in by me just lookin at it. maybe i’ll try the smartish gripmunk.

hachyderm

Suspended
Sep 15, 2014
you guys ruin everything. i was loving my pr gen 5 until you had to point out that the buttons and name plate will scratch the phone. now i’m not so sure. i want a case with the same grip but protected buttons and ig microfiber full lining. i have the dbrand grip case, but the action button is way too sensitive. it presses in by me just lookin at it. maybe i’ll try the smartish gripmunk.
I wouldn't worry about it. The back of the Phone Rebel Gen 5 buttons/name plate is way overblown.

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
Already have the sheath in Gray, but think the synthesis looks better, so bought it once I realized they put it on the site. I’m done buying cases 🙄

Attachments

• IMG_1369.jpeg
    IMG_1369.jpeg
    769.6 KB · Views: 65
Reactions: JBlass421 and AE14

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
I really think alot of us are on the quest for the perfect case and in reality it doesn’t exist. There is something you can point out about any case. You just have to find what works best for you and go from there. I feel sometimes we go round and round about the same issues.
Problem is my favorite case was the Apple Leather and there’s nothing I’ve found that matches it…

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
I‘m really happy with the Decoded leather case, did you already try that?
I will eventually. I’m waiting on the Lonli Classic to arrive and then I might give Decoded a shot. Although I’ve seen reports that the camera lens scratches very easily and some are reporting the gap at the bottom of the screen.

Reactions: rmadsen3

AnthroMatt

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2011
Redlands, CA

Im settled on:

All colours of Finewoven
OT Symmetry Black

I think I am done for now too, unless something new and exciting comes around

Currently:
Pitaka Star Peak (mountains)
Nomad Rugged (blue)
Clay and Winter Blue Apple silicone
Taupe finewoven.
Caudabe Synthesis and Sheath (grey and blue respectively, both on order. Will likely keep 1)

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
It has some raised streaks, although I do think mine are more subtle than yours. Or your camera is better than my eyes (entirely possible lol)
Having seen numerous instagram posts and YouTube unboxing, I think I’m convinced that the over the horizon case all have these streaks. Will probably just keep it.

Love the case itself I’ve only used this case since I got it.

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010
I really think alot of us are on the quest for the perfect case and in reality it doesn’t exist. There is something you can point out about any case. You just have to find what works best for you and go from there. I feel sometimes we go round and round about the same issues.

From my experience and understanding the Caudabe Sheath wins always. Great fit, responsive buttons, lay on the table design and a great feel in the hand. How can anyone fault it? Got my “with action button “ replacement today. Also great customer service. Top top company. My go to case.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.