Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

ExAndroidUsr

macrumors member
Mar 3, 2020
Top and bottom too, only gotta last a year though lol
I upgraded from the 11 Pro after 4 years and my 11 Pro is without a single scratch. I do baby my stuff LOL. If you upgrade every year for some reason, then you don’t even need a case lol

Pug72

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2012
England
As I mentioned in the Caudabe thread, not happy with the buttoned Sheath that just arrived.
Both non and action buttoned cases have a visible magnet ring on the back amongst other things. Won't be using.

JBlass421

macrumors 68020
Oct 29, 2019
As I mentioned in the Caudabe thread, not happy with the buttoned Sheath that just arrived.
Both non and action buttoned cases have a visible magnet ring on the back amongst other things. Won't be using.
Yea the MagSafe on this year’s Sheath for some reason definitely shows especially in particular lighting.

The felt interior is very nice but it has to be the culprit to that flaw on the back of the case.

IMG_9446.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: Surfsalot

Lammy

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2013
I think I’ve finally settled on using the Apple silicone case. It used to be my favorite and then I discovered the pitaka magez cases. Idk why, but this year I don’t like the exposed sections on the Pitaka and how dirt piles up in there. I’m outside of my return period for the Pitaka so I’ll keep it for days I may want something slimmer but don’t want to go caseless.

Anyone else sticking with the Apple silicone case? I feel like it weighs less than other options, covers the phone well, and has the absolute best grip (for me).

Reactions: Teach8870

ExAndroidUsr

macrumors member
Mar 3, 2020
I think I’ve finally settled on using the Apple silicone case. It used to be my favorite and then I discovered the pitaka magez cases. Idk why, but this year I don’t like the exposed sections on the Pitaka and how dirt piles up in there. I’m outside of my return period for the Pitaka so I’ll keep it for days I may want something slimmer but don’t want to go caseless.

Anyone else sticking with the Apple silicone case? I feel like it weighs less than other options, covers the phone well, and has the absolute best grip (for me).
I love the looks of the silicone cases until I put my phone in my pocket. The silicone catches all the dust from my pocket and it is impossible to clean from it. I gave up on them and switched to the official saddle leather case. It was my favourite on the 11 Pro.

Reactions: VaderRulez

ExAndroidUsr

macrumors member
Mar 3, 2020
To the fellow cyclists - what case + mount do you use on the bike? With the 11 Pro I used Spigens system and I was really satisfied with it, but before the 15 series was released I did send them a message and they replied that they do not plan to release a case for the 15 Pro 🥲 I also had SP connect (mount + case) but that was not that stable thus I switched to Spigen.

IconIc215

macrumors 65816
Oct 11, 2013
Yea the MagSafe on this year’s Sheath for some reason definitely shows especially in particular lighting.

The felt interior is very nice but it has to be the culprit to that flaw on the back of the case.

View attachment 2294565
I said the same thing in the Caudabe thread. While the felt is nice, it likely had something to do with it. I don't recall this on the 14 PM series of Sheath's and they had magsafe. Obviously not the end of the world, its just aesthetic and up to everyone's tolerance whether they accept it or not.

Reactions: JBlass421

KentuckyHouse

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2010
Lexington, KY.
To the fellow cyclists - what case + mount do you use on the bike? With the 11 Pro I used Spigens system and I was really satisfied with it, but before the 15 series was released I did send them a message and they replied that they do not plan to release a case for the 15 Pro 🥲 I also had SP connect (mount + case) but that was not that stable thus I switched to Spigen.

I’m not a cyclist, but Mous seems to have a solid system with their IntraLock cases and mounts.

Reactions: ExAndroidUsr

Joe123Joe

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2022
My Phone Rebel was set to be delivered today but tracking says it hasn’t even made it to my State yet… so I guess the wait continues for at least another day

• Sad
Reactions: Hooterville

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
Peak Design seems to be the goto system. It works well and is strong enough even for serious off-road use.

Reactions: ExAndroidUsr

tharitm

macrumors 6502a
Nov 9, 2009
What's the diff between the modern and the Horween? Have had Horween but not the modern.
I noticed my 13 Pro is a different kind of leather (nomad case), that could be Horween. The modern felt more smoother out of the box in contrast to the 13 pro one. Also patina wise, 13 pro one got dark pretty fast in colder climates in contrast to the modern one still keeping the color.

Reactions: Surfsalot

Advent0903

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2021

View attachment 2294565
Yup my black with action button cut out has it as well. Its has very faint magsafe show on certain lighting, notice it when i got it but most of the time i cant see it. I mean you really have to look for it on certain lighting and angle then you can see it. Should be the interior changes that result that. Doesnt have that on my 14 pro max sheath tho

But i notice gray ones doesnt really show. Not sure is it more apparent on darker colors ?

Last edited:

JBlass421

macrumors 68020
Oct 29, 2019
I said the same thing in the Caudabe thread. While the felt is nice, it likely had something to do with it. I don't recall this on the 14 PM series of Sheath's and they had magsafe. Obviously not the end of the world, its just aesthetic and up to everyone's tolerance whether they accept it or not.

Exactly it’s not a deal breaker for me

Reactions: KentuckyHouse

JBlass421

macrumors 68020
Oct 29, 2019
Yup my black with action button cut out has it as well. Its has very faint magsafe show on certain lighting. I mean you really have to look for it then you can see it. Should be the interior changes that result that. Doesnt have that on my 14 pro max sheath tho

But i notice gray ones doesnt really show. Not sure is it more apparent on darker colors ?

Actually I’ve noticed it on photos of gray sheath as well.

Advent0903

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2021
Actually I’ve noticed it on photos of gray sheath as well.
Ah ok, but then again its a really faint magsafe ring had to really look for it. Most of the time i didnt notice it. I dont mind it as long as it doesnt have those scuff looking round circle then its all good lol

anizee

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2012
IMG_0066.jpeg

Need some love for the Moft Movas case! Bought the seafoam colour for my natural titanium and the case is AWESOME. I saw someone posting about this case maybe 50 pages back or so and I saw it in the mall and got really intrigued.

It’s slim and sleek, so doesn’t add too much bulk to the phone. Even though it is a plain case at the back, the vegan leather still has a nice grip. It’s not too heavy, and i love the brushed metal buttons they have. Maybe some people will find it a bit sharp but it’s very clicky and feels really nice to press.

The seafoam colour is the icing on the cake. I love green and this is a subtle, pale green that really complements the natural titanium. Sorry i only have a crappy photo from my iPhone SE.

chillip

macrumors 68040
Mar 16, 2013
Gen5. Well designed overall. But metal buttons have no felt on them so will eventually damage original buttons. One of my two cases has the aramid fibre lifting and the case adds a lot of extra weight. Probs return for a refund.

chillip

macrumors 68040
Mar 16, 2013
Gen5. Well designed overall. But metal buttons have no felt on them so will eventually damage original buttons. One of my two cases has the aramid fibre lifting and the case adds a lot of extra weight. Probs return for a refund.

chillip

macrumors 68040
Mar 16, 2013

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.