Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

contacos

macrumors 603
Nov 11, 2020
Mexico City living in Berlin
That was fast 😅

Attachments

• IMG_0094.jpeg
    IMG_0094.jpeg
    510.6 KB · Views: 179

Ifti

macrumors 601
Dec 14, 2010
UK
Anyone have any side by side images of Silicon Clay and Cypress?
Cant’t decide between them!

Pug72

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2012
England
The Ringke Onyx Magnetic just arrived.
Looks pretty good. MagSafe is very strong. The sides flex a bit, I'll have to test when on phone next week. Feels nice.
The camera protection is good but I had to remove their separate camera protector on my 14 PM after realising it was the reason focus was struggling, se will see if it's any better with this built in one. Waiting for their Fusion-X magnetic also but need to see how the camera protector gets on with the Onyx as the Fusion-X also has it.
If thats's ok it'll definitely be one in rotation.

Others on my radar are the carbon fibre Spigen premium case (not yet available) and a forum fave....the Caudabe Sheath. (Waiting for the Action button correction first).

IMG_4588.jpeg

IMG_4589.jpeg

CPark98

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2016
I usually buy a bunch of cases to try but I always end up with a Pitaka case and the other cases sit in a drawer. This year I pre-ordered the Pitaka MagEZ Case 4 for my Pro Max. Case arrived today, so now just waiting until next Friday for my phone to arrive.
Nice! Just got the same case! I can't wait to see how it contrasts with my White 15 Pro. Thankfully, the case doesn't hide the titanium frame as much as other cases do.

Reactions: Radeon962

Jaggrey

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2015
Pembroke Pines, FL
My daughter is on her third or forth (I've lost count) Ultra Hybrid on iphone 11. They are great cases protection-wise, but yellow terribly within a few months. Her last one was basically orange when we replaced it.
I am also trying to decide which case to get, as I want a clear case, maybe with some design. I heard that Casetify cases stay fairly clear.
The draw of Spiegen is they are so inexpensive on Amazon, that if you have to replace a case every 6-12 months - no biggy.
I'm looking for a clear case as well for my wife. I've narrowed it down to the Spigen Ultra Hybrid, Caudabe Lucid Clear, Otterbox Lumen, and Phone Rebel Gen 5 Crystal (which hasn't been released yet). Spigen is cheap and would be here quickly, but I'm not sure how good protection is (she drops her phone all the time). The others are all in the same price range so I'd rather just get one of those. I know the Otterbox Lumen came out.... last year? Didn't hear too much about it so I'm not sure how great it is. Phone Rebel usually hits that balance of toughness and not being slim, but who knows when that'll be available.

I'm gonna try out the dbrand Ghost and maybe the Phone Rebel Gen 5 on my 14 PM when they're released.

Ariel32

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2014
Spigen is cheap and would be here quickly, but I'm not sure how good protection is (she drops her phone all the time).
My daughter drops her phone often. I would say it is just a notch under Otterbox Symmetry.
I love Otterbox cases and use them on all my phones. I have just ordered Spiegen for the time being. As soon as clear Otterbox Symmetry is on Canadian Amazon - I will most likely order it.

Reactions: Jaggrey

Southernguy

macrumors 6502
Apr 4, 2015
Hampshire
I'm looking for a clear case as well for my wife. I've narrowed it down to the Spigen Ultra Hybrid, Caudabe Lucid Clear, Otterbox Lumen, and Phone Rebel Gen 5 Crystal (which hasn't been released yet). Spigen is cheap and would be here quickly, but I'm not sure how good protection is (she drops her phone all the time). The others are all in the same price range so I'd rather just get one of those. I know the Otterbox Lumen came out.... last year? Didn't hear too much about it so I'm not sure how great it is. Phone Rebel usually hits that balance of toughness and not being slim, but who knows when that'll be available.

I'm gonna try out the dbrand Ghost and maybe the Phone Rebel Gen 5 on my 14 PM when they're released.
I’ve ordered the spigen ultra hybrid for my 15 pro to tide me over for now which should be here so I’ll let you know what I think. Tbh I’m pretty careful so I’m not expecting it to take any severe knocks. 😬

Reactions: Jaggrey

match14

macrumors regular
May 1, 2014
The Ringke Onyx Magnetic just arrived.
Looks pretty good. MagSafe is very strong. The sides flex a bit, I'll have to test when on phone next week. Feels nice.
The camera protection is good but I had to remove their separate camera protector on my 14 PM after realising it was the reason focus was struggling, se will see if it's any better with this built in one. Waiting for their Fusion-X magnetic also but need to see how the camera protector gets on with the Onyx as the Fusion-X also has it.
If thats's ok it'll definitely be one in rotation.

Others on my radar are the carbon fibre Spigen premium case (not yet available) and a forum fave....the Caudabe Sheath. (Waiting for the Action button correction first).

View attachment 2264529

View attachment 2264531
How do yo remove the camera protector.

thecautioners

macrumors 6502a
Dec 5, 2022
IMG_3527.jpeg
Guava case with wisteria wallet is super rad! I’m so happy! Apple is replacing the wallet because of the peeling sides so I will have a mint condition wisteria wallet in a week. It looks so good.

Reactions: dudeski and shr631

Jaggrey

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2015
Pembroke Pines, FL
I’ve ordered the spigen ultra hybrid for my 15 pro to tide me over for now which should be here so I’ll let you know what I think. Tbh I’m pretty careful so I’m not expecting it to take any severe knocks. 😬
My daughter drops her phone often. I would say it is just a notch under Otterbox Symmetry.
I love Otterbox cases and use them on all my phones. I have just ordered Spiegen for the time being. As soon as clear Otterbox Symmetry is on Canadian Amazon - I will most likely order it

Great thanks guys I appreciate it! Not easy being the go to guy in the fam… lol.

Reactions: Southernguy

rhyx

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2008
Has anyone found a case similar to the OtterBox Defender XT for the iPhone 15 Pro Max? My backup is the Spigen Rugged Armor, but I'm not sure it offers comparable protection.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.