Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Delorean2006

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2012
IMG_5913.jpeg

Could you post some pics? I was going to go with the apple clear case before I realised after looking at reviews of the older phones, there’s no protection for the bottom of the phone which is dumb.

I want the lumen case but am hoping it’s not flashy, I want to see the phone inside the case. The previous gen seems to have this weird sparkly effect, does the new one have that?
Here you go!

IMG_5910.jpeg
IMG_5911.jpeg
IMG_5912.jpeg

Ariel32

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2014
A lot of people are recommending Caudabe Sheath clear case. Is it that much better than Otterbox Symmetry clear? Very interested if somebody had both in the past.

Syk

macrumors 65816
Jun 20, 2010
Great photos. I think apple made a mistake mentioning their new finewoven line in the same breath they mentioned ending their leather line. One doesn’t seem like a replacement for the other. It’s a bit odd then to see everyone comparing the two, but I can understand why..
Got a feeling Apple will probably go away from FineWoven next year and release a full Vegan Leather case.

noobsauceg7

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2023
Coming from the iPhone 6 (yes, I know that's a huge jump and I probably should have upgraded like 3 years ago lol).
Right now I am stuck between the following...
Pitaka ArmorPro
Benks ArmorPro
Mous Limitless 5
Rebel Gen5
Caudable Sheath
Smartish Gripmunk

I would like something thin, but still has good drop protection, along with coverings over the button. Little worried about the fiber cases being slippery since my current case is rubber, but they also seem very protective. Anyone who wants to persuade me please do so!

Syk

macrumors 65816
Jun 20, 2010
Personally I like them better than the leather case colours that were made available with my current 13 Pro; two years later ultimately I never truly liked any of them, biggest mistake was they didn’t make one to directly match the flagship Sierra Blue.

View attachment 2264248

At least here, the Pacific Blue will directly match Blue Titanium (and same with Taupe and Natural Titanium)
What Orange case is that?

ProfessionalFan

macrumors 603
Sep 29, 2016
Great photos. I think apple made a mistake mentioning their new finewoven line in the same breath they mentioned ending their leather line. One doesn’t seem like a replacement for the other. It’s a bit odd then to see everyone comparing the two, but I can understand why..
Don't even need to compare them though. Forget leather ever existed and FW is just a pile of garbage all on its own.

Reactions: julit0

Syk

macrumors 65816
Jun 20, 2010
Believe it’s Apple silicon Orange Sorbet
That's what I thought but it looks just a little darker from the videos I've seen and the button looked metallic so I wasn't sure.
Was wishing Apple had released a good orange case Go Vols 😎

ETA: I just ordered the Orange Sorbet and Clay off Amazon. I know the Clay is actually Gray but which ever one I don't like I'll just send back to Amazon since they make returns easy

Last edited:
Reactions: julit0

Jaggrey

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2015
Pembroke Pines, FL
I might take Phone Rebel off my list. On Reddit people have issues with the cases separating and the clear cases cracking relatively easily. Add to that they only have a 30 day warranty and beyond that they only give you % off future purchases.

Has anyone tried ESR cases?

RPhoto

macrumors 65816
Jul 18, 2010
Surrey, UK
I’m picking up a FW alongside the phone next Friday. I’ve also just ordered a Mujjo tan leather from Amazon as I typically have two cases and like to alternate. Also quite like the idea of having two different styles of case and seem to be in the forum minority for liking the look of the FW 😅.

Hoping the Mujjo isn’t bulky or has a horrible grain like some leather cases seem to have.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.