Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Ta0jin

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2011
Maryland
P
Benks - Have button covers but potential finger magnet
Caudabe - Only cutout for action button but no fingerprints (I'm not from US and order direct from Caudabe costs alot)

will appreciate your opinion which 1 is better in terms of convenience :)
I don’t see many fingerprints on my Benks case but I’ve heard some people have, it wouldn’t bother me personally if I did.

The Caudabe case won’t show fingerprints, and it has a textured finish and depending on the person some people like it, some people don’t. I think the texture feels good and adds to grip.

Honestly I would say if you want good grip go with the Caudabe, it has an amazing fit and grip.

tzxsean

macrumors member
Jul 1, 2017
Malaysia
P

I don’t see many fingerprints on my Benks case but I’ve heard some people have, it wouldn’t bother me personally if I did.

The Caudabe case won’t show fingerprints, and it has a textured finish and depending on the person some people like it, some people don’t. I think the texture feels good and adds to grip.

Honestly I would say if you want good grip go with the Caudabe, it has an amazing fit and grip.
I just placed order on Benks Armor Pro

if I don't like it, I will keep it until the button cover version for Sheath is released ...

Reactions: Ta0jin

Rainshadow

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2017
Got the Caudabe case - blue sheath. In hand. WAY different color than the website showed. Far more slate and muted. I really like it way way better than I thought. I just didn’t want black or purple.

Even this photo makes it more saturated than in person.

These were taken under “white” light.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    761.5 KB · Views: 150
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    608.4 KB · Views: 141

GeorgeL78

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2022
London, United Kingdom
Wow this thread moves fast!
I'm looking for a clear case as well for my wife. I've narrowed it down to the Spigen Ultra Hybrid, Caudabe Lucid Clear, Otterbox Lumen, and Phone Rebel Gen 5 Crystal (which hasn't been released yet). Spigen is cheap and would be here quickly, but I'm not sure how good protection is (she drops her phone all the time). The others are all in the same price range so I'd rather just get one of those. I know the Otterbox Lumen came out.... last year? Didn't hear too much about it so I'm not sure how great it is. Phone Rebel usually hits that balance of toughness and not being slim, but who knows when that'll be available.

I'm gonna try out the dbrand Ghost and maybe the Phone Rebel Gen 5 on my 14 PM when they're released.

Great thanks guys I appreciate it! Not easy being the go to guy in the fam… lol.

I might take Phone Rebel off my list. On Reddit people have issues with the cases separating and the clear cases cracking relatively easily. Add to that they only have a 30 day warranty and beyond that they only give you % off future purchases.

Has anyone tried ESR cases?

For my 14 PM I bought 2 Apple leather cases to start with and they were fine…looked nice etc.
About 6 months ago I decided I wanted a clear case and bought an ESR MagSafe compatible one..it hasn’t left my phone since. Brilliant! No yellowing unlike Spigen ones I’ve had in the past, decent protection and grip but best of all..built in kickstand that doubles as the camera guard. Ordering the same again for my incoming 15 PM.

Mat246

macrumors regular
Dec 11, 2011
UK
Ordered this torras after searching for a couple of days, normally use Spigen and esr but I like that you can change the buttons on this as a bonus. I just wish there was a version without a tinted back because I like the black bumper but would prefer to see the new titanium colour better.

Attachments

• IMG_5276.jpeg
    IMG_5276.jpeg
    277.4 KB · Views: 84
Reactions: darrinS

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
Got the Caudabe case - blue sheath. In hand. WAY different color than the website showed. Far more slate and muted. I really like it way way better than I thought. I just didn’t want black or purple.

Even this photo makes it more saturated than in person.

These were taken under “white” light.
Like that colour a lot. Will be my choice if I order one

sneeks

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2007
Glasgow, UK

Jaw3000

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2004
I’ve read the OtterBox Defender case is well known to scratch the iPhones. What about the design causes this, and do other OtterBox cases like the Lumen or Symmetry also scratch the phones? How about other clear plastic cases, like the Spigen Ultra Hybrid? I’ve been using opaque flexible TPU cases (Tech21) and have never had them scratch the phone. It seems like all of the clear cases have hard polycarbonate backs with rubber/TPU sides. One reason I never liked the Speck cases is the hard plastic backs. Seems cheap and micro scratches easily. I prefer a clear flexible TPU, but I don’t see many of these. ESR might have one. Perhaps because they are not as clear or yellow much quicker than polycarbonate.

I’ve always liked the Tech21 cases, but last year’s Evo did not fit the 14 Pro Max properly. Don’t hear much on here about Tech21. The Evo cases are a flexible TPU with side and corner padding for drop protection. They have performed really well on my iPhones with drops, and never scratched them. They do yellow over time, but hold up well for at least a year+. I’m looking for something similar with drop protection pads, and am finding it difficult to find anything that I like that doesn't look like an oversized OtterBox tank. The Mous Limitless is similar I suppose, but looks cheap and overpriced in comparison.

vine-boating

macrumors 68010
Aug 10, 2017
This case is available from Amazon UK for both Pro models.
Oh thank you.
The case is £70 which is very expensive.

Is the case that good and worth the price in your opinion?

Fanboi4life

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2012
As will I. I’ll just get two colors for the price of one.
How will that exactly work? Do they remind you that the action button version is available and send it to you automatically? Or do you have to actually order it? I’ve never been through this program.

sneeks

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2007
Glasgow, UK
Oh thank you.
The case is £70 which is very expensive.

Is the case that good and worth the price in your opinion?
Not worth the money for me, I have bought the Benks version instead for a more reasonable price of £39 after 15% discount.

vine-boating

macrumors 68010
Aug 10, 2017
Not worth the money for me, I have bought the Benks version instead for a more reasonable price of £39 after 15% discount.
Benks cases take a while to come and I need it by Friday 22nd. I will order a Benks case though as my backup option.

Reactions: chrisdazzo
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.