Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

cheesemason

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2023
What screen protectors are people going for and why? I.e. easier application, better screen coverage, something else? Thanks

And does anyone bother with camera lens protectors?

Jamie's_Tech

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2021
This looks like a really good option - I may order one!
Yes, aesthetically pleasing brand but, I have never bought any of their products. Their cables particularly looks really nice, especially the weighted desk options and braided options with leather bands.

Reactions: N1cBr

N1cBr

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2020
Yes, aesthetically pleasing brand but, I have never bought any of their products. Their cables particularly looks really nice, especially the weighted desk options and braided options with leather bands.

The previous versions of this case seem to have great reviews too.

Cotypubby

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2020
Another photo next to website photo.

Don’t judge my dirty screen, please 😂
Well that’s disappointing. The color on the website is so nice but that looks muted and boring.

I hope the Amethyst is better than that.

RPhoto

macrumors 65816
Jul 18, 2010
Surrey, UK
Mujjo just arrived from Amazon. The leather looks painted/treated/coated to the point I’m not convinced it’ll patina nicely.

Not sure if it comes across in photos but it just looks a bit…plastic?!

IMG_6419.jpeg

maverick22

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2012
Benks cases take a while to come and I need it by Friday 22nd. I will order a Benks case though as my backup option.
Anyone know how well Benks 600D handles drops? I have been one that usually uses an Otterbox Defender, but I was thinking about switching this year.

So many choices, I can’t decide.

I know I’ll be upset if I drop my phone with something besides a Defender, and my phone cracks / breaks. My Defender has done great over the years. It’s just getting oily, greasy marks daily now on the back.

andymodem

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2008
Baltimore, MD
@andymodem , I think a saw you post earlier on in this thread you had this case. I'd love to hear your feedback about the buttons if you don't mind. Going to wait till after I get a phone in it as well to make a final decision of course.
I'll give you my thoughts after I get my 15 Pro this Friday. My wife wanted the same case for her new iPhone as well. My existing Torras case has better buttons; they are not molded into the case but are separate and can be swapped out with different colored buttons so it was a little disappointing to see the buttons on the new case. I'll hold my judgement until I get to try it out with a phone in it.

Reactions: newb-sasquatch

TNThomas

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2012
I’ve read the OtterBox Defender case is well known to scratch the iPhones. What about the design causes this, and do other OtterBox cases like the Lumen or Symmetry also scratch the phones? How about other clear plastic cases, like the Spigen Ultra Hybrid? I’ve been using opaque flexible TPU cases (Tech21) and have never had them scratch the phone. It seems like all of the clear cases have hard polycarbonate backs with rubber/TPU sides. One reason I never liked the Speck cases is the hard plastic backs. Seems cheap and micro scratches easily. I prefer a clear flexible TPU, but I don’t see many of these. ESR might have one. Perhaps because they are not as clear or yellow much quicker than polycarbonate.

I’ve always liked the Tech21 cases, but last year’s Evo did not fit the 14 Pro Max properly. Don’t hear much on here about Tech21. The Evo cases are a flexible TPU with side and corner padding for drop protection. They have performed really well on my iPhones with drops, and never scratched them. They do yellow over time, but hold up well for at least a year+. I’m looking for something similar with drop protection pads, and am finding it difficult to find anything that I like that doesn't look like an oversized OtterBox tank. The Mous Limitless is similar I suppose, but looks cheap and overpriced in comparison.
I am actually thinking about buying a Tech21 Evo Lite for my girlfriend’s 15 Pro.

Sal09

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
I'm not sure. Hate rig up stickers or some makeshift padding :confused:

I don't think this new titanium finish is going to be all that durable.

That Mujjo leather sure looks sweet.
Shame they got most of the things right (finally). Thats Pitaka off the list now.

Yeah that Mujjo pics posted by a fellow member looks sweet.

DaGrandMastah

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2011
Any experience with Ryan London case? How is the leather compared to Bullstrap?

Rainshadow

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2017
How will that exactly work? Do they remind you that the action button version is available and send it to you automatically? Or do you have to actually order it? I’ve never been through this program.
Not a program. They said they would notify us and you can request the updated version.

Reactions: Fanboi4life

ryansebiz

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2008
Any experience with Ryan London case? How is the leather compared to Bullstrap?

They are made in the same factory and are the exact same leather. The Ryan London case does not have a giant ugly logo on it like the Bullstrap case does.

Matt__James

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2014
Whats the generally regarded best super thin cases? I remember Peel and Totallee from years ago

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
I've been using a Torras case on my iPhone 14 Pro after my Apple silicone case went to crap very quickly. The Torras case still looks brand new so I just ordered one of their new iPhone 15 Pro cases:

Did it keep your 14 pro prestine….no marks/scratches etc

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.