Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

RPhoto

macrumors 65816
Jul 18, 2010
Surrey, UK
I like Mujjo’s cases. And tbf, it’s a vegan leather if I rightly recall so not actually leather.

I tried the blue one for my 14 pro. Went back after a week as the corners were already wearing black.
They are 🤔

That’s not good if the corners were already going black!

Teach8870

macrumors regular
Jan 3, 2016
Reactions: Boardiesboi

andykn

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2023
Does anyone sell a battery pack case for the iPhone 15 Pro that does the same as my Mophie Juice Pack Air does for my iPhone X?
  1. Acts as a phone case
  2. Charges iPhone
  3. It and the phone can be charged wirelessly while it's attached
Ideally the unit would be capable of being charged using a magsafe charger.

Teach8870

macrumors regular
Jan 3, 2016
I wonder if this is going to play well with the titanium. I’ve seen a lot of pictures of the titanium on the Ultra getting beat up around the screen but it may be because of the polished bezel.
Man, I love Pitaka cases!

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Ringke Onyx Magnetic. Case seems decent except for the reverse saggy butt up by the ear speaker and the slits around the buttons. They have also copied Mous and the sides now slope down. I'm not a fan of the built in camera protectors but will try it and see how it goes. The magnets seem pretty strong. Might return this case before I even try it. Some pics:

om01.jpg

om02.jpg
om03.jpg
om04.jpg
om05.jpg
om06.jpg
om07.jpg
om08.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Klea and yOyOYoo

MrGrim999

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2023
Hey guys! Definitely amped for getting my 15 Pro Max! I've always used Otterbox Defender and Commuter series and have never let me down. But I'm getting sick of the usual black color (never liked any of their other colors). The biggest reason I've always stuck with Otterbox not only for the protection but I like having the outer rubber shell so it doesn't slip on every smooth surface like the plastic shells do. I'm itching to get something different but I want the back to be anti-slip surface......anyone have any quick recommendations?? Thanks!!

walds11

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2010
I’ve been rocking the popsocket wallet plus MagSafe cases (apple leather case) for a few years on 13 Pro. Any new wallet cases/wallets that can hold 5 cards similar to PopSockets for the 15?

Thanks for the PopSocket idea!

Any feedback on the PopGrip for MagSafe - Round or Pills? Which one is better, the round or pill? Do these stay on the Pitaka MagEZ Cases with authority?

Sparxxx

macrumors 6502
Jul 29, 2009
I'm looking at the the Pitaka MagEZ Case Pro 4 or Benks MagClap ArmorPro Case.
Never had an Kevlar/Aramid case before.
Are the slippery? Any other Kevlar/Aramid recommendations?

Thanks

Reactions: Teach8870

Southernguy

macrumors 6502
Apr 4, 2015
Hampshire
What screen protectors are people going for and why? I.e. easier application, better screen coverage, something else? Thanks

And does anyone bother with camera lens protectors?
I generally get apple to fit a belkin one when I collect my phone then buy the spigen ez fit if it ever needs replacing because I’ve broken it lol.

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
Spigen MagArmor in Navy. Ordered before I ordered my Decoded leather so couldn’t cancel; it’s going back tomorrow but this feels like a really nice case. Magnets are strong, nice texture and doesn’t feel slippy.

Might reorder in future IMG_3742.jpeg IMG_3743.jpeg IMG_3744.jpeg IMG_3745.jpeg IMG_3746.jpeg

kvlq

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2015
Spigen MagArmor in Navy. Ordered before I ordered my Decoded leather so couldn’t cancel; it’s going back tomorrow but this feels like a really nice case. Magnets are strong, nice texture and doesn’t feel slippy.

Might reorder in future View attachment 2266254 View attachment 2266255 View attachment 2266256 View attachment 2266258 View attachment 2266257
Do you have photos with the Decoded leather one? im interested in buying one but I'm not sure how thin it is compared to the old Apple leather cases for iPhone 14. And also the leather quality. Last year I went with RyanLondon , great case, excellent leather but a bit bulky for my taste.

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
Do you have photos with the Decoded leather one? im interested in buying one but I'm not sure how thin it is compared to the old Apple leather cases for iPhone 14. And also the leather quality. Last year I went with RyanLondon , great case, excellent leather but a bit bulky for my taste.
It’s being delivered tomorrow so I’ll be uploading then 👍

Reactions: N1cBr and kvlq

Ta0jin

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2011
Maryland
I'm looking at the the Pitaka MagEZ Case Pro 4 or Benks MagClap ArmorPro Case.
Never had an Kevlar/Aramid case before.
Are the slippery? Any other Kevlar/Aramid recommendations?

Thanks
It depends on your hands, it feels grippy to some and slippery to others. Personally the Benks is my go to case. Try it out, plus it’s cheaper than the Pitaka case and the feel is very similar.

Reactions: Sparxxx

Supermallet

macrumors 68000
Sep 19, 2014
Coming from the iPhone 6 (yes, I know that's a huge jump and I probably should have upgraded like 3 years ago lol).
Right now I am stuck between the following...
Pitaka ArmorPro
Benks ArmorPro
Mous Limitless 5
Rebel Gen5
Caudable Sheath
Smartish Gripmunk

I would like something thin, but still has good drop protection, along with coverings over the button. Little worried about the fiber cases being slippery since my current case is rubber, but they also seem very protective. Anyone who wants to persuade me please do so!
Phone Rebel cases have a horrible reputation. The Phone Rebel subreddit is full of instances of cases breaking from very little use. I would avoid at all costs.

Mous and Gripmunk are better made but not thin. Between the two I’d get the Mous, I didn’t like that there was a seam that went right around the circumference of the Gripmunk, it dug into my fingers where I held the case.

The Sheath, Pitaka, and Benks cases should all be very good. Comparing to the Armor Pro cases specifically I’d probably just go for the Caudabe, it’s less expensive and should be at least as thin. Unless you love the look and feel of aramid fiber, then I’d do the Benks over the Pitaka because again, it’s less expensive.

Last edited:

maverick22

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2012
Phone Rebel cases have a horrible reputation. The Phobe Rebel subreddit is full of instances of cases breaking from very little use. I would avoid at all costs.

Mous and Gripmunk are better made but not thin. Between the two I’d get the Mous, I didn’t like that there was a seam that went right around the circumference of the Gripmunk, it dug into my fingers where I held the case.

The Sheath, Pitaka, and Benks cases should all be very good. Comparing to the Armor Pro cases specifically I’d probably just go for the Caudabe, it’s less expensive and should be at least as thin. Unless you love the look and feel of aramid fiber, then I’d do the Benks over the Pitaka because again, it’s less expensive.

Any 2-3 piece / layer cases you recommend?

Just have my doubts about some of these 1-piece ones I see as far as drop protection goes.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
CaseBorne really stepped up their game this year. I call this one the Otterbox Defender Stomper. Massive case that is built like a Mac truck. Comes with the belt clip, 2 screen protectors, cleaning kits ETC. Love the metal camera ring that folds out to be used as a kickstand. Strong MagSafe mangets. This is one sturdy, tough case. Couple pics:

cb01.jpg
cb02.jpg
cb03.jpg
cb04.jpg
cb05.jpg
cb06.jpg
cb07.jpg
cb08.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.