Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

titans1127

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2009
Wow, I really like the color combination on this one. I've never been a fan of these cases, but I might have to pick this up as my "rugged" case. Thanks for sharing.
I've had one on my 13 Pro since last June and it has held up really well as my only case. Great drop protection, I dont use a screen protector and no noticeable scratches on the screen. Its been rare that I took the phone out to clean the phone and theres usually a fair amount of debris that gets in but no damage to the back glass and the sides have minimal wear.

Supermallet

macrumors 68000
Sep 19, 2014
Any 2-3 piece / layer cases you recommend?

Just have my doubts about some of these 1-piece ones I see as far as drop protection goes.
Mous and Casetify seem like they’re the best of them. Ultimately it’s a game of trade offs. On one end there’s ultra thin and minimal with barely any protection, on the other there’s maximum protection at the expense of design and aesthetics and feel in the hand. Within that scale there are many cases that try to balance those factors. Multi layer cases prioritize protection more and thinness less.

I used to be a maximum protection guy but over time as phone materials have gotten more durable I lean more towards minimalist. I work from home and don’t go on too many wild adventures. If I worked in construction or went backpacking regularly, I’d have a different calculus on the level of protection I needed.

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
I’d also be interested in seeing the pics. Curious if the action button is a button or
A cut out, it’s hard to tell from the website
Website shows a button IMG_3747.png

Reactions: brobert99

AlphaDeltaF1

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2023
Affter researching cases all weekend I think I finally narrowed my criteria to what I want: Clear case with great drop protection and feels good in the hand that is MagSafe compatible. A chamfered edge is highly preferred for quality of life using gesture controls with case on. this video was a huge help for me: top 10 clear cases for iPhone 14

I have settled on Mous Clarity. 2.0. with ESR Amorlite screen protector. I really like the chamfered edge of the Clarity 2.0 and the amrorlite screen protectors have a curved edge for full coverage. just read about the lack of camera protection on the clarity..back to the drawing board...at this point im serously considering a pelican case lol

Here’s some criteria to look for:

-raised screen edge(chamfered edges with raised corners makes swiping easier but makes screen more vulnerable)

-raised camera bump (if not flush with back it will wobble on surface)

-action button covered (not a cut out)

-TPU vs Poly carbonate (all TPU will yellow over time)

-magsafe compatible

-built in stand (optional)

-shock absorbing

Last edited:
Reactions: Jaggrey

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
I've decided to also. The sides are just too flimsy and the more I look at, the cheaper it looks.

Yea, I'll apply the $20. towards a Mous case or something.

I've always like the Onyx cases but I'm just not feeling this one.

Reactions: Pug72

Teach8870

macrumors regular
Jan 3, 2016
Found this video that shows the natural titanium pro max in a mulberry finewoven case. It looks so good! The reviewer even puts it next to a 14 pro, and there's a huge difference in bezel size!

Video

Reactions: Klea and VSMacOne

Teach8870

macrumors regular
Jan 3, 2016
I'm looking at the the Pitaka MagEZ Case Pro 4 or Benks MagClap ArmorPro Case.
Never had an Kevlar/Aramid case before.
Are the slippery? Any other Kevlar/Aramid recommendations?

Thanks
Not slippery at all and very durable. Love Pitaka cases and the MagEZ is usually my go to!

Reactions: Sparxxx

Maz39

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2021
I like Mujjo’s cases. And tbf, it’s a vegan leather if I rightly recall so not actually leather.

I tried the blue one for my 14 pro. Went back after a week as the corners were already wearing black.
It’s not vegan leather. It’s full grain leather, which is real. It is vegetable tanned. Meaning the tanning they use doesn’t hurt the environment as much.

Maz39

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2021
hmmmm the product page says….

Premium, long-lasting European leather tanned in the Netherlands, Gold Rated by the Leather Working Group for environmental standards.

….so I presume not?
It’s real full grain leather that is vegetable tanned.

Fanboi4life

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2012
CaseBorne really stepped up their game this year. I call this one the Otterbox Defender Stomper. Massive case that is built like a Mac truck. Comes with the belt clip, 2 screen protectors, cleaning kits ETC. Love the metal camera ring that folds out to be used as a kickstand. Strong MagSafe mangets. This is one sturdy, tough case. Couple pics:

View attachment 2266301 View attachment 2266302 View attachment 2266303 View attachment 2266304 View attachment 2266305 View attachment 2266306 View attachment 2266308 View attachment 2266314
HOLY MACKEREL!!! Now that’s a protective case if I ever saw one!! 😂😂😂💪💪🏽💪🏽💪🏽👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
It’s not vegan leather. It’s full grain leather, which is real. It is vegetable tanned. Meaning the tanning they use doesn’t hurt the environment as much.
Ah yeah, vegetable tanned, that’s it. Interestingly though, they have never called it full grain?…. And they have changed ‘leathers/dying’ this year.

IMG_3748.png IMG_3749.png

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.