Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
It’s real full grain leather that is vegetable tanned.
To be fair. You can’t say it is something, when they don’t describe it as that.

The 14 series is vegetable tanned, it doesn’t say full grain. And the 15 series doesn’t state vegetable tanned or full grain

Maz39

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2021
Ah yeah, vegetable tanned, that’s it. Interestingly though, they have never called it full grain?…. And they have changed ‘leathers/dying’ this year.

They literally have “full grain vegetable tanned leather” on the front of the box. And yes Ecco leather is real. Just responsibly sourced from food processing companies.

Attachments

• IMG_1618.jpeg
    IMG_1618.jpeg
    686.7 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:

Maz39

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2021

The 14 series is vegetable tanned, it doesn’t say full grain. And the 15 series doesn’t state vegetable tanned or full grain
I’m sorry what were you saying about me not being able to describe it as “full grain”?

Attachments

• IMG_1618.jpeg
    IMG_1618.jpeg
    686.7 KB · Views: 66
  • Angry
Reactions: eleite

cannono

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2014

Their website definitely says it is tanned leather. It isn’t vegan leather as you stated earlier.

cannono

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2014
Mujjo just arrived from Amazon. The leather looks painted/treated/coated to the point I’m not convinced it’ll patina nicely.

Not sure if it comes across in photos but it just looks a bit…plastic?!

View attachment 2265797
Last year, I wanted a Mujjo and some people here said the leather chips and blackens just like Apple’s recent bad leather because it is ‘dry tanned’ aka coated. idk if true.
Any experience with Ryan London case? How is the leather compared to Bullstrap?

I have one for iPhone 14. Love it and it seems the same as Bullstrap to me, but without an ugly logo. However, they aren’t as slim as Apple’s leather was so I wont repurchase For now. Maybe someday.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
As a follow up to my Bullstrap post earlier, I think it should be noted that they also do the following…

“Purchases are entitled to 2 cosmetic replacements per year, meaning we don’t care who’s at fault, all we care about is that you’re outfitted in the best of the best... For LIFE.”

I think that is a big deal. Even Apple doesn’t go to that extent.

Something to think about with a case.

DaGrandMastah

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2011
Last year, I wanted a Mujjo and some people here said the leather chips and blackens just like Apple’s recent bad leather because it is ‘dry tanned’ aka coated. idk if true.

I have one for iPhone 14. Love it and it seems the same as Bullstrap to me, but without an ugly logo. However, they aren’t as slim as Apple’s leather was so I wont repurchase For now. Maybe someday.
Do you know how slim it is compared to the Andar Aspen?

RPhoto

macrumors 65816
Jul 18, 2010
Surrey, UK

I’m on the fence about keeping it. It does smell nice but it definitely has an Apple leather vibe to it 😅

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
As a follow up to my Bullstrap post earlier, I think it should be noted that they also do the following…

“Purchases are entitled to 2 cosmetic replacements per year, meaning we don’t care who’s at fault, all we care about is that you’re outfitted in the best of the best... For LIFE.”

I think that is a big deal. Even Apple doesn’t go to that extent.

Something to think about with a case.
I have a buddy who swears by Bullstrap. He’s just ordered his 15 Pro upgrading from the 12 Pro and he’s used every replacement available to him over the course of the life of that phone (several cases/colors).

Reactions: Apple_Robert

xfusejc

macrumors 6502
Dec 29, 2006
Clear cases are a dime a dozen, but I’ve always had great luck with elago, so got theirs this year. Waiting on a Taupe FineWoven that arrives Tuesday but I think I’ll end up returning it. My friend who works at the Apple Store showed me some pictures of an out of the box Taupe and it was 5x darker than on the picture, and the material looked too cloth-like for my taste. Will see in person if it changes.

IMG_1526.jpeg

felixroqu3

macrumors 6502a
Mar 5, 2012
New York, NY
This is my Decoded leather case for iPhone 13 Pro Max, used for about 6 months.

View attachment 2262427

It is a bit darker in real life than the picture but the blue leather doesn't really seem to patina that much. This might be different with the lighter tan color.

The case feels great in the hand, the buttons are metal and tactile, and it has a nice fit on the phone. I'm sure you'll be happy with the case!
I’m very interested in this case. Is it thin? Is it about the same thickness as the old apple leather cases?

Reactions: kvlq

Surfsalot

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2023

machopeful

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2007
IMG_5672.jpeg

Silicone case in clay. It’s indeed a very earthy grey. Slightly boring, but I think it’ll pair very well with Natural Titanium. I plan to run the phone caseless 90% of the time, though.

tharitm

macrumors 6502a
Nov 9, 2009
Thanks for the PopSocket idea!

Any feedback on the PopGrip for MagSafe - Round or Pills? Which one is better, the round or pill? Do these stay on the Pitaka MagEZ Cases with authority?
I haven't used either. Just the wallet case. In my experience, the magnets were strong and I've used it for 2 years now. I still haven't found a replacement as well.

Reactions: walds11
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.