Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Ariel32

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2014
I never try to match cases colour to phone colour. When it comes to coloured cases, it almost never works. It is nearly impossible to properly align the shades. I either go for clear, or for complimentary colour. I think that burgundy MUJJO case will look amazing with natural titanium,

iScone

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
I think I'm going to go with the celestial blue Caudabe Sheath, to match my blue 15PM.

I was really tempted by the Andar Aspen, but the lips around the camera lenses are black in every colour option, and that just won't look as good with the colour of my phone. I don't want a three-way colour scheme.

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
Do you have photos with the Decoded leather one? im interested in buying one but I'm not sure how thin it is compared to the old Apple leather cases for iPhone 14. And also the leather quality. Last year I went with RyanLondon , great case, excellent leather but a bit bulky for my taste.

It’s being delivered tomorrow so I’ll be uploading then 👍
Still not out for delivery so I'm assuming there's a delay and I'll prob have it tomorrow now

Reactions: kvlq

iScone

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
I never try to match cases colour to phone colour. When it comes to coloured cases, it almost never works. It is nearly impossible to properly align the shades. I either go for clear, or for complimentary colour. I think that burgundy MUJJO case will look amazing with natural titanium,

This is a good point, but becomes trickier when you don't have a neutral phone colour. For example, I'll be rocking a Titanium Blue. That pretty much rules out black cases, and it's tricky to find a complimentary colour. I think Caudabe's celestial blue will look really good, but now I'm wondering whether their amethyst colour might provide a nice compliment as well.

Ariel32

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2014
This is a good point, but becomes trickier when you don't have a neutral phone colour. For example, I'll be rocking a Titanium Blue. That pretty much rules out black cases, and it's tricky to find a complimentary colour. I think Caudabe's celestial blue will look really good, but now I'm wondering whether their amethyst colour might provide a nice compliment as well.
It gets trickier, but still easier than trying to match blue to a blue. I think that if the phone is cooler blue (like the new pro max), one of the most beautiful combinations will be a gray case.

richxps

macrumors 68000
Jun 9, 2008
Does anyone know of OtterBox put a soft lining inside the defender xt for the 15 pro max ? I’m hunting for a similar case but with a soft /felt lining

noobsauceg7

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2023
Phone Rebel cases have a horrible reputation. The Phobe Rebel subreddit is full of instances of cases breaking from very little use. I would avoid at all costs.

Mous and Gripmunk are better made but not thin. Between the two I’d get the Mous, I didn’t like that there was a seam that went right around the circumference of the Gripmunk, it dug into my fingers where I held the case.

The Sheath, Pitaka, and Benks cases should all be very good. Comparing to the Armor Pro cases specifically I’d probably just go for the Caudabe, it’s less expensive and should be at least as thin. Unless you love the look and feel of aramid fiber, then I’d do the Benks over the Pitaka because again, it’s less expensive.
Is the Mous not considered thin? It looks very thin from the photos online, but honestly I wouldn't mind something a little thicker just to give myself some piece of mind.

iScone

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
It gets trickier, but still easier than trying to match blue to a blue. I think that if the phone is cooler blue (like the new pro max), one of the most beautiful combinations will be a gray case.

I'm only concerned with providing a nice blue compliment to the colours of the lens section of the phone. Since the rest will be covered by the case anyway, I don't care if those colours clash.

The lens area of the blue titanium PM is pretty dark, so I think it's likely to match a nice earthy blue case. The cobalt blue from Bellroy would look awful with the pro blue, imo.

screenshot-rushfaster.com.au-2023.09.18-20_44_22.png

It pops too much and needs a phone colour that pops as well.

Up until a few minutes ago, I was drawn to the Caudabe Sheath, but recent reports from people who ordered one say the celestial blue colour is much darker irl, and comes across as more navy.

screenshot-caudabe.com-2023.09.18-20_46_18.png

That's a little too close to the colour of the lens section, I think. It looks great, but I'm not sure.

Then, consider monaco blue from Mujjo.

screenshot-rushfaster.com.au-2023.09.18-20_45_09.png

That one looks like it could be the perfect middle-ground. It's got a bit of pop, so it's more distinctive than the Caudabe, but it's classier than the Bellroy, which just doesn't work with the pro blue, imo.

Reactions: VSMacOne

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
I'm only concerned with providing a nice blue compliment to the colours of the lens section of the phone. Since the rest will be covered by the case anyway, I don't care if those colours clash.

The lens area of the blue titanium PM is pretty dark, so I think it's likely to match a nice earthy blue case. The cobalt blue from Bellroy would look awful with the pro blue, imo.

View attachment 2266927

It pops too much and needs a phone colour that pops as well.

Up until a few minutes ago, I was drawn to the Caudabe Sheath, but recent reports from people who ordered one say the celestial blue colour is much darker irl, and comes across as more navy.

View attachment 2266928

That's a little too close to the colour of the lens section, I think. It looks great, but I'm not sure.

Then, consider monaco blue from Mujjo.

View attachment 2266929

That one looks like it could be the perfect middle-ground. It's got a bit of pop, so it's more distinctive than the Caudabe, but it's classier than the Bellroy, which just doesn't work with the pro blue, imo.
FWIW, the Monaco blue Mujjo is a lot brighter than that picture

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
The below post has a pic of the one I had for my 14 Pro for a week or so.

It seems the thread is correct.

The corner of my storm blue, Mujjo, no less than 6 days of use, from new. Going very much the way of the Baltic Blue from last year.

It’s going back. Fed up of trying to find a decent blue leather. Think I’m just gonna grab a midnight Apple or black Mujjo and be done with it.

View attachment 2103125

Ariel32

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2014
You make a fair point. I guess it depends on the colour around the lense. On my current phone that whole area is simply black, so I never had to coordinate anything. My husbands iPhone 13 is blue and he has a blue leather folio case. It doesn't look bad, but I personally would chose a different colour case.
I do want a leather case for my natural titanium at some point. The burgundy Mujjo above has definitely caught my eye.

Last edited:

Hedo

macrumors member
Jan 12, 2016
I’m very interested in this case. Is it thin? Is it about the same thickness as the old apple leather cases?

This is as mentioned the 13 Pro Max-version so I can't speak for the 15-series of cases.

It's very similar to the Apple leather case in thickness and weight, the borders around the screen are a little bit raised compared to the Apple leather case but it feels very similar. The only downside in my book is the branding on the case and camera cutout, but outside of that it's a great case.

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
I guess when you already have a hefty Pro Max, the added weight doesn't seem to add much? 😅
True. But I don’t want to undo the titanium weight saving by adding a case that’s heavier than what I had in the past.

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
How will that exactly work? Do they remind you that the action button version is available and send it to you automatically? Or do you have to actually order it? I’ve never been through this program.
Their website says you can receive a complimentary new version when they are available upon request.

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
What screen protectors are people going for and why? I.e. easier application, better screen coverage, something else? Thanks

And does anyone bother with camera lens protectors?
I ordered FloLab. They are a bit pricier but they have really good full screen coverage and the oleophobic coating lasts for quite a while.

Reactions: Jaggrey

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
Ordered this torras after searching for a couple of days, normally use Spigen and esr but I like that you can change the buttons on this as a bonus. I just wish there was a version without a tinted back because I like the black bumper but would prefer to see the new titanium colour better.
This case looks great. Love the thinness of it. I ordered the titanium tinted one.

chefwong

macrumors 6502
Jan 17, 2008
:rolleyes: Thinking I need to order me a mous or otter box

Love the Apple Silicone Guava but doesn't protect.

In the last 5-6 month.....the phone has slipped outta my dang hands at least 3-4 times. Every time the glass screen protector has crack ( I get this is the weak disposable point) and a very minutia nick on the edge when the contact of phone/met the floor

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.