Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Supermallet

macrumors 68000
Sep 19, 2014
Is the Mous not considered thin? It looks very thin from the photos online, but honestly I wouldn't mind something a little thicker just to give myself some piece of mind.
It depends on your definition of thin. Mous is a triple layer case so by definition cannot be as thin as single or double layer cases, but may be thinner than some other triple layer cases. It’s not a bad case by any means and the protection it provides is significant without feeling like you’ve hermetically sealed your phone, but when I used it I was always very aware of the added bulk.

noobsauceg7

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2023
It depends on your definition of thin. Mous is a triple layer case so by definition cannot be as thin as single or double layer cases, but may be thinner than some other triple layer cases. It’s not a bad case by any means and the protection it provides is significant without feeling like you’ve hermetically sealed your phone, but when I used it I was always very aware of the added bulk.
Ah ok, thanks for the explanation! That makes sense that it isn't thin like they single layer cases, but it isn't the bulk from an otterbox. I am coming from one of the Redbubble thick cases, so most cases will seem fairly thin to me. I think I am leaning towards the Mous then compared to the other cases, thanks for the help!

Reactions: Supermallet

Matt__James

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2014
Their website says you can receive a complimentary new version when they are available upon request.
A warning though - I have done this, emailed them as they ask and had a reply giving me a code to order a case for free once it’s out BUT saying we have to pay shipping. I think it’s a bit cheeky that it doesn’t say this on their website, surely they’re obliged to tell you this before you order the current cutout version.

Reactions: ryansebiz

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
A warning though - I have done this, emailed them as they ask and had a reply giving me a code to order a case for free once it’s out BUT saying we have to pay shipping. I think it’s a bit cheeky that it doesn’t say this on their website, surely they’re obliged to tell you this before you order the current cutout version.
I figured as much. Did they ask to return the others?

BloodiedWraith

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2007

Yeah I was gonna update with that. I got my email last night.
I figured as much. Did they ask to return the others?

Nope, you get to keep the original ones too.

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
Is anyone else struggling to find a case they like this year? I’m really going to miss my bullstrap that I’ve used all year.
I usually purchase a few cases and then have a go to case which I primarily use. The last 3 phones it’s been the Apple white silicone. So far I’ve purchased 6 different cases. Will likely keep maybe 3-4.

Reactions: chhhrrriiisss

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
Is anyone else struggling to find a case they like this year? I’m really going to miss my bullstrap that I’ve used all year.
You're not the only one. I ordered a Spigen Ultra Hybrid for my white 15 PM so we'll see how I like it, but otherwise I have struggled to find one.

Reactions: chhhrrriiisss

sneeks

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2007
Glasgow, UK
Two case I ordered arrived today. I’d planned on cancelling the clear Spigen case but it was already in the post.

The Benks case feels very nice and will be my daily case.

IMG_6866.jpeg

IMG_6896.jpeg

IMG_6897.jpeg

IMG_6898.jpeg

IMG_6899.jpeg

IMG_6888.jpeg

IMG_6883.jpeg

IMG_6901.jpeg

IMG_6902.jpeg

Last edited:

julit0

macrumors demi-god
Apr 19, 2010
Torrance, CA
Thanks for sharing your thoughts and photos. Keen to know if you’ll keep it once your new phone arrives and you use the case regularly
I didn't forget!

So I did return the Black FW case and the Blue FW Wallet. Just a bit skeptical at the moment, and still not happy about paying leather prices for non-leather cases.

I'll give the Pacific Blue FW Case a shot. At worst, I'll use Apple's warranty if anything goes wrong with it. I know and have personally had success about doing warranty exchanges in the past with peeling Silicon ones. Also, I wanted to have at least one case to keep my 15PM safe while my others come in.

So I am waiting for 3 other cases and trying to keep it at that:
1) Andar Leather Aspen
2) Quadlock Mag Case (when I need max protection for my Motorcycle mounting and road trips)
3) Caudabe Clear Lucid (Celestial Blue) - supposed to ship 10/02.

Reactions: Boardiesboi

IconIc215

macrumors 65816
Oct 11, 2013
I can and probably will. I just don’t want to wait. 😂
I am with you. I hate that we can’t have them at launch. Who knows if they have delays again this year as well. I am not so much struggling on whether to get a BS or not it’s what color. Apparently, they are bringing out a fully enclosed case too at some point.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012

maverick22

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2012
I
i spent a lot of the weekend looking at reviews on YouTube. Reviewers’ 1 and 2 picks even have issues according to Reddit users, so I don’t know what the world to order. I’ve always used an Otterbox Defender but wanted to switch things up this time.

What do you all think are top 3 in terms of drop protection, regardless of price:

Mous, Benks, Rebel, Caudabe, Otterbox?

AlphaDeltaF1

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2023
Two case I ordered arrived today. I’d planned on cancelling the clear Spigen case but it was already in the post.

The Benks case feels very nice and will be my daily case.

View attachment 2267371
View attachment 2267373
View attachment 2267376
View attachment 2267377
View attachment 2267379
View attachment 2267380
View attachment 2267383
View attachment 2267384
The Benks case looks very nice but on the website mock up it looks like the camera protecting ring is too shallow ? Not sure if that’s the case in reality however.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.