Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Maz39

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2021
I and many others have never had soft backings on buttons and it has never been an issue. I feel like this is so overblown unless the underside and super rough or something.
Oh wow. I have heard of people having scratching issues with metal buttons, but it may be overblown. I personally wouldn’t want to risk it, but if you feel like it won’t harm your phone, then more power to you my friend.

SweetLou122

macrumors regular
Nov 3, 2011
The Ghost looks cool because it looks so different and slim. However the raised MagSafe magnets on the back is what ruins it. Not only does the MagSafe get scratched super easily, but the raised magnets have a very loose connection to MagSafe products.

I won’t argue with the gloss black ring getting scratched, but the connection for me is very secure. My wallet is much harder to separate than several other cases, Mous included. With that being said, magnet strength will be variable across even the same cases. Given the reviews and Reddit posts I expected the MagSafe to be poor. It is probably second only to the gripzilla and grip.

Agreed on all counts!

I think the Ghost looks 🔥 I like the raised MagSafe bump out. It adds a nice element to the back of the phone.

Agreed.

AnthroMatt

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2011
Redlands, CA
"BIG PIMPIN" Ultra Orange on the aramid fiber. Word of caution, make sure you have the correct screwdriver for the camera frame ( PH00 Phillips ) the screws are micro tiny and if you strip one out you will not be able to change the frames. Here are a couple quick pics:

View attachment 2317492 View attachment 2317494 View attachment 2317495 View attachment 2317496 View attachment 2317497 View attachment 2317498 View attachment 2317499 View attachment 2317500
@Hooterville, have you shared that wallpaper before? If not, do you mind sharing it?

Reactions: Hooterville

Con1750

macrumors member
Feb 1, 2015
Are the dimensions and tightness of the Otterbox Lumen Passport the same as the standard Lumen or the Otterbox Figura?

Wanna get one but someone here says it’s got loose edges? The standard lumen had pretty tight edges.
I cant comment on comparisons to other Otterbox cases. I believe its the exact same as the normal Lumen though.

I wouldnt of said its loose, but not super tight either. I ultimately returned it as it just holds/shows fingerprint oils.

Hooterville

Suspended
Sep 24, 2012

Attachments

• 481.png
    481.png
    238.5 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:

AnthroMatt

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2011
Redlands, CA
I cant comment on comparisons to other Otterbox cases. I believe its the exact same as the normal Lumen though.

I wouldnt of said its loose, but not super tight either. I ultimately returned it as it just holds/shows fingerprint oils.
Same reason I returned the Lumen. It looks great but after a couple of days it’s so grimy feeling thanks to skin oils.

Itsedstech

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2011
Kansas
So I got two sets of orange. One just buttons and the other the whole kit because why not. The plan was to use silver buttons and camera lense (natural titanium but silver to hold me over) except for the action button which I would run orange on both cases. I wish they had a red with these buttons instead but they don’t. Honestly tho I think black would look better on the lense for the frost instead of my previously planned silver. So for now I stuck orange in there. Gonna try to swap the MagSafe imprint from black to white on the frost. Since I think that’s the main reason why nothing really flows with it. Here’s a couple combos.

Attachments

• IMG_2775.jpeg
    IMG_2775.jpeg
    290 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_2777.jpeg
    IMG_2777.jpeg
    294.3 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_2773.jpeg
    IMG_2773.jpeg
    282.9 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_2776.jpeg
    IMG_2776.jpeg
    288.2 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_2784.jpeg
    IMG_2784.jpeg
    320.6 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_2790.jpeg
    IMG_2790.jpeg
    291.3 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_2791.jpeg
    IMG_2791.jpeg
    263.8 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_2779.jpeg
    IMG_2779.jpeg
    295.6 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_2786.jpeg
    IMG_2786.jpeg
    333 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_2792.jpeg
    IMG_2792.jpeg
    308.6 KB · Views: 79

off2marz

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2023
So I got two sets of orange. One just buttons and the other the whole kit because why not. The plan was to use silver buttons and camera lense (natural titanium but silver to hold me over) except for the action button which I would run orange on both cases. I wish they had a red with these buttons instead but they don’t. Honestly tho I think black would look better on the lense for the frost instead of my previously planned silver. So for now I stuck orange in there. Gonna try to swap the MagSafe imprint from black to white on the frost. Since I think that’s the main reason why nothing really flows with it. Here’s a couple combos.
The silver buttons go nice with that white titanium. I think you’re right about the black camera ring for the frosted. All silver on aramid looks great too

Hooterville

Suspended
Sep 24, 2012
Nice, I like the silver on the black, looks sweet. I still want to try the natural titanium once it's available?

How hard is it to get the phone out of the frosted case? Man, it was tight going in.

darrinS

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011
So Cal
i ordered a ghost case after they said they’d be sending out a replacement next year. imo it looks and feels great. scuffs aside, i just try to ignore, the case is so light compared to my other cases. i’ve been using it for the past few days. i’m not one for shiny cases, but this is and i like it. good grip, good magsafe, thin and light while still seems protective.

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia

Thanks mate. Have the Figura and its matte and doesn’t show fingerprints at all.

Itsedstech

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2011
Kansas
Doesn’t anyone sell a silver Apple logo?
I can make them with my Cricut machine. They Always peel off the aramid tho. Gonna try lining up the logo, cutting it out with an exacto knife and then inserting it so it’s flush with the aramid. Will report back later

Reactions: macher

Pug72

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2012
England
The PR with the Silver kit looks like the Spigen Enzo!

I'd be all over the Gen5 with orange accessories, but for the UK cost (and the unlined buttons).

Is there space for tape? Probs not.

Reactions: off2marz
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.