Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

vine-boating

macrumors 68020
Aug 10, 2017
So what's the best Mous Case in terms of grip and feeling nice in the hands.

I found the Limitless 5.0 Aramid Fibre felt rough in the hands...

Reactions: macher

Itsedstech

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2011
Kansas
Yes please.
Man I destroyed my rebel gen 4 attempting to make a cut outlmao. Trying just a regular permanent vinyl sticker on the gen 5. Maybe with the texture difference it won’t peel off 🤷 we will see

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    351.6 KB · Views: 95
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    402.4 KB · Views: 93
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    339.2 KB · Views: 94

Sp0ke23

macrumors newbie
Nov 28, 2023
Hey everyone! First post here. I got from my father a Mous case maybe limitless 3.0 and the back glass from my iPhone 12 Pro Max broke. Can you please suggest me a rock solid case for my new Pro15Max ? Should I trust again Mous? Which other cases should I consider?

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
Man I destroyed my rebel gen 4 attempting to make a cut outlmao. Trying just a regular permanent vinyl sticker on the gen 5. Maybe with the texture difference it won’t peel off 🤷 we will see
Actually doesn’t look bad!

Fried_Gold

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2013
United Kingdom
Hey everyone! First post here. I got from my father a Mous case maybe limitless 3.0 and the back glass from my iPhone 12 Pro Max broke. Can you please suggest me a rock solid case for my new Pro15Max ? Should I trust again Mous? Which other cases should I consider?
I have this for my 15 Pro, really recommend it for the price.

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015

Welcome to the forum!

For the Limitlees 4.0, Mous removed the microfiber lining which resulted in a rash of broken glass backs. They’ve added it back for the 5.0 and that seems to have resolved the issue. The current iteration of the Limitless appears to be highly protective.

That said, in my experience, a phone can break in almost any case, regardless of the drop rating. I’ve had phones crack in highly protective cases, and I’ve had phones survive tough drops in minimally protective cases. A lot depends upon the specific nature of the drop, how it lands, what type of surface it lands on, etc. There seems to be a fair amount of luck involved (good and bad).

As for recommendations, as you can see by this thread, case preferences are very personal. Do you want a highly protective case, or do you prefer a thin, minimalistic design? Something rough and grippy, or soft and smooth? Simple or highly decorative? It goes on and on, like this thread (lol). Here’s my current personal collection, not saying these would necessarily be right for you:

Otterbox Symmetry
Mous Limitless 5.0
Pitaka MagEZ Pro
Nomad Rugged
Apple FineWoven

Joe123Joe

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2022
Welcome to the forum!

For the Limitlees 4.0, Mous removed the microfiber lining which resulted in a rash of broken glass backs. They’ve added it back for the 5.0 and that seems to have resolved the issue. The current iteration of the Limitless appears to be highly protective.

That said, in my experience, a phone can break in almost any case, regardless of the drop rating. I’ve had phones crack in highly protective cases, and I’ve had phones survive tough drops in minimally protective cases. A lot depends upon the specific nature of the drop, how it lands, what type of surface it lands on, etc. There seems to be a fair amount of luck involved (good and bad).

As for recommendations, as you can see by this thread, case preferences are very personal. Do you want a highly protective case, or do you prefer a thin, minimalistic design? Something rough and grippy, or soft and smooth? Simple or highly decorative? It goes on and on, like this thread (lol). Here’s my current personal collection, not saying these would necessarily be right for you:

Otterbox Symmetry
Mous Limitless 5.0
Pitaka MagEZ Pro
Nomad Rugged
Apple FineWoven
Well said. But 5 cases in your collection?! Damn I need to scale my collection way back. I’m amongst case junkies and feel like I might be one of the worst cases (no pun intended)

I think I have bought and returned from Amazon 5 cases since last week alone… 🤦‍♂️

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
Well said. But 5 cases in your collection?! Damn I need to scale my collection way back. I’m amongst case junkies and feel like I might be one of the worst cases (no pun intended)
I have two versions of the Limitless, so actually 6. I returned a bunch though, more than I kept. There were quite a few that I took out of the box, immediately put back in the box, and initiated a return on the spot… lol. All that’s to say your addiction may not be as bad as it seems. ;)

Reactions: Joe123Joe

Hooterville

Suspended
Sep 24, 2012

I think I have bought and returned from Amazon 5 cases since last week alone… 🤦‍♂️
Joe, is that Klein driver set you have the one with the Apple pentalobe bit in it?

Delorean2006

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2012

Personally only keeping 2 in mine where I used to keep at least 5-10 cases…but I’ve purchased and returned about 12-14 cases since I got my launch iPhone 15pm 🤣

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
Have you ever gotten any grief from Amazon over the number of returns you’ve done? I always wonder if they have a limit.

kadinh

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2015
that looks great IMO

Sp0ke23

macrumors newbie
Nov 28, 2023
Thank you all for your recommendations!

@acbarn my first prio would def be protection. About grippy I don’t mind, stuff slips off my hands regularly though lol I used to have the silicone from Apple it was great , but it gets stuck in the pocket and the material is ripping easy.

I uploaded it here which case my father gave me. To be honest with the silicon from Apple iPhone was almost always dropping down and no issue. It dropped with the back glass flat from max 0.5m on floor tile.

I’ve made a list of cases but haven’t used any of them , just the Apple silicone one, which I’m not a fan anymore due to how easily it gets ripped.

Attachments

• IMG_6418.jpeg
    IMG_6418.jpeg
    889.7 KB · Views: 62
Reactions: Zensō

off2marz

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2023
I like Nomad Leather cases because it has soft TPU on the sides that can absolutely take a hit, and it has leather on the back as well as microfiber on the inside.
What color leather do you have? Any pics to share? I’m considering Nomad’s black leather. I love my Bullstrap but feel like I can’t leave the house with it bc it’s not very protective. I’d like to get another leather case that I won’t be afraid to rough up a little.

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
@acbarn my first prio would def be protection.
In no particular order, these are some popular protective cases (there are many others):

Otterbox Defender
Mous Limitless
Casetify Bounce/Ultra Bounce
UAG Monarch
Nomad Rugged

Of those, the Mous is the least bulky and may offer the best thinness-to-protection ratio, though some people don’t like the feel of the back edges. The Casetify are arguably the most protective but also the most unattractive. The UAG is rated to 25’ but has a cut out for the Action button and you either love or hate the look. The Nomad is very nice but could stand to have a little higher front lip. The Defender is a classic but is a pain to take on and off and the external rubber tends to stretch over time. Always trade-offs…

Last edited:

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010
Have you ever gotten any grief from Amazon over the number of returns you’ve done? I always wonder if they have a limit.

It was around this time last year that they cancelled my account! Said I return too many things. I argued that i didn’t (I don’t) and they reinstated my account a couple of days later. It was, however, a nightmare trying to contact them.

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
I like Nomad Leather cases because it has soft TPU on the sides that can absolutely take a hit, and it has leather on the back as well as microfiber on the inside.
Which nomad leather you have I’m waiting for the English to get back in stock for the 15 Pro. Horween is too dark.

Last edited:

Maz39

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2021
What color leather do you have? Any pics to share? I’m considering Nomad’s black leather. I love my Bullstrap but feel like I can’t leave the house with it bc it’s not very protective. I’d like to get another leather case that I won’t be afraid to rough up a little.
I have the English Tan case and the black folio case. I have to take a pic of the black folio next time I take my case off

IMG_1800.jpeg

Reactions: off2marz and Zensō
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.