Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Lakersfan74

Suspended
Oct 17, 2019
I ordered the Spigen Ultra Hybrid in frost black that Technically Tee just reviewed. I currently have the clear with the white magnet which is prone to yellowing over time

Reactions: Hooterville

jkel777

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2014
I have the English Tan case and the black folio case. I have to take a pic of the black folio next time I take my case off

View attachment 2318336
Super random, but how do you like the Otterbox case for your Apple Watch? I was considering it but I have a screen protector on right now and the Spigen cases push up against it and make it bubble up.

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
I have the English tan and black folio.
Nice! Hopefully they’ll get English tan in soon. I like the fact that it’s rated at 8 ft drop protection too.

Wonder how the brown would look with natty?

Last edited:

jkel777

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2014
Have you ever gotten any grief from Amazon over the number of returns you’ve done? I always wonder if they have a limit.
I've returned so many things in the past few months and haven't heard anything. But I was wondering the same thing. I feel like a multi-billion dollar mega-corporation shouldn't be worried about some $20 case returns lol.

It was around this time last year that they cancelled my account! Said I return too many things. I argued that i didn’t (I don’t) and they reinstated my account a couple of days later. It was, however, a nightmare trying to contact them.
Yikes... we might be in trouble then...

Reactions: Zensō

thekidat

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2017
Bay Area, CA
I've returned so many things in the past few months and haven't heard anything. But I was wondering the same thing. I feel like a multi-billion dollar mega-corporation shouldn't be worried about some $20 case returns lol.

Don't worry too much. I have family members that probably average 5 returns per week over the course of many years and nothing has happened to them.

Hooterville

Suspended
Sep 24, 2012
Spigen Ultra Hybrid in frosted black is one fine case. After watching Tee's video of this case yesterday I ordered one right up. Man, this is a fantastic case. I'm seeing no fingerprints on the back and the fit and feel is phenomenal.
The frost back is not as frosty as the Gen 5 rebel but seem to be just fine. Also this case adds almost no bulk to the phone at all. I'll report back later today and let you know how it's holding up against fingerprints/smudges/greast marks on the back. Here are a couple pics:

Attachments

• uh01.jpg
    uh01.jpg
    838.2 KB · Views: 91
  • uh02.jpg
    uh02.jpg
    575.2 KB · Views: 84
  • uh03.jpg
    uh03.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 85
  • uh04.jpg
    uh04.jpg
    947.3 KB · Views: 79
  • uh05.jpg
    uh05.jpg
    615.3 KB · Views: 84
  • uh06.jpg
    uh06.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 87
  • uh07.jpg
    uh07.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 87
  • uh08.jpg
    uh08.jpg
    936.5 KB · Views: 93

AnthroMatt

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2011
Redlands, CA

I also think the value of the items you buy and return plays a role. As well as other spend you don't return.

Joe123Joe

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2022
Spigen Ultra Hybrid in frosted black is one fine case. After watching Tee's video of this case yesterday I ordered one right up. Man, this is a fantastic case. I'm seeing no fingerprints on the back and the fit and feel is phenomenal.
The frost back is not as frosty as the Gen 5 rebel but seem to be just fine. Also this case adds almost no bulk to the phone at all. I'll report back later today and let you know how it's holding up against fingerprints/smudges/greast marks on the back. Here are a couple pics:
Got this one last week, it’s nice as hell. But I have so many cases i like that I haven’t even put much mileage on it yet.

Last edited:

Joe123Joe

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2022
Can someone explain: I saw a while back that people said the side grip material is totally different and “cheap” feeling on the PR Frosted compared to the Aramid version. I wanted to order it now that the changeable parts are available but wanted to get some more info on that claim about the sides first.

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
Wow that case looks exquisite. I mean are there any frosted backs that won’t smudge or anti fingerprints?

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
Anyone have the Spigen ultra hybrid and the DBrand Ghost? I’m wondering if the Spigen is actually better than the Ghost. Although the Ghost might be lighter and thinner?

Last edited:

Hooterville

Suspended
Sep 24, 2012
Wow that case looks exquisite. I mean are there any frosted backs that won’t smudge or anti fingerprints?
Rebel Gen 5 Frosted = No fingerprints, smudges or MagSafe ring. Hoping this case will be the same.

Frosted and that crappy soft touch finish are two different animals.

Reactions: macher

Hooterville

Suspended
Sep 24, 2012
Can someone explain: I saw a while back that people said the side grip material is totally different and “cheap” feeling on the PR Frosted compared to the Aramid version. I wanted to order it now that the changeable parts are available but wanted to get some more info on that claim about the sides first.

The frosted sides are more of a hard feeling plastic while the aramid sides are have more of a rubber feel.
Hard to explain and hard to capture in a picture.

Attachments

• sides02.jpg
    sides02.jpg
    477.8 KB · Views: 78

off2marz

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2023
So, despite reading some negative reviews, I made an impulsive buy of Native Union’s (Re)Classic Case while it was on sale. I really love this Slate Green color on my natural titanium, and I love a case with some texture. The fit is real sturdy. Nice soft lined interior. The buttons are not the best, but I was willing to overlook that because of the overall aesthetic of the case. The thing I can’t overlook though, is that the cutout for USB C is too small for 2 out of the 3 different cables I have. Only the Apple cable will fit, and I don’t have a way of using this cable in my car for CarPlay. I really love the look of this case, but unfortunately it’ll be returned.

Attachments

• IMG_0272.jpeg
    IMG_0272.jpeg
    587.4 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_0275.jpeg
    IMG_0275.jpeg
    515.4 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_0279.jpeg
    IMG_0279.jpeg
    365.9 KB · Views: 88

Surfsalot

Suspended
Mar 18, 2023
I like Nomad Leather cases because it has soft TPU on the sides that can absolutely take a hit, and it has leather on the back as well as microfiber on the inside.
I do to for those reasons, have they softened the bottom on this years or still not pinky friendly?

Reactions: macher

Surfsalot

Suspended
Mar 18, 2023
What color leather do you have? Any pics to share? I’m considering Nomad’s black leather. I love my Bullstrap but feel like I can’t leave the house with it bc it’s not very protective. I’d like to get another leather case that I won’t be afraid to rough up a little.
I have always had black, it doesn't patina like the brown, will just get a bit darker and mark/cratch up, my Mrs has a 12 max brown folio and looks great.

Reactions: off2marz and macher

Joe123Joe

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2022
So, despite reading some negative reviews, I made an impulsive buy of Native Union’s (Re)Classic Case while it was on sale. I really love this Slate Green color on my natural titanium, and I love a case with some texture. The fit is real sturdy. Nice soft lined interior. The buttons are not the best, but I was willing to overlook that because of the overall aesthetic of the case. The thing I can’t overlook though, is that the cutout for USB C is too small for 2 out of the 3 different cables I have. Only the Apple cable will fit, and I don’t have a way of using this cable in my car for CarPlay. I really love the look of this case, but unfortunately it’ll be returned.
Bust out the sawzall….

Sp0ke23

macrumors newbie
Nov 28, 2023
In no particular order, these are some popular protective cases (there are many others):

Otterbox Defender
Mous Limitless
Casetify Bounce/Ultra Bounce
UAG Monarch
Nomad Rugged

Of those, the Mous is the least bulky and may offer the best thinness-to-protection ratio, though some people don’t like the feel of the back edges. The Casetify are arguably the most protective but also the most unattractive. The UAG is rated to 25’ but has a cut out for the Action button and you either love or hate the look. The Nomad is very nice but could stand to have a little higher front lip. The Defender is a classic but is a pain to take on and off and the external rubber tends to stretch over time. Always trade-offs…
Just ordered a Limitless 5.0 !
Appreciate your help and insights. Were really helpful! 🙏🏻

Reactions: Zensō
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.