Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Otterbox dropping that Cactus leather today. Cases and watch bands, looks like the wallets have been scrapped.

OC01.jpg

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
I see they’re available on the UK Amazon store, but still no go in the U.S.

Still liking yours?

IMO, it's still a fantastic case with the only cons being the light leak/gap on top of the charge port area and the opening being quite small. I only returned the brown and green as the black looked best on my black 15PM.

Reactions: AE14 and Zensō

vine-boating

macrumors 68010
Aug 10, 2017
IMO, it's still a fantastic case with the only cons being the light leak/gap on top of the charge port area and the opening being quite small. I only returned the brown and green as the black looked best on my black 15PM.
Is the case real leather? Thinking of buying this
How is the grip?

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
I will take the plunge and buy one today as they are available it seems on Amazon uk.
I am thinking what colour do you think goes best with the Blue Pro Max?
I'm not sure. The pic I posted above is pretty accurate to the actual colors, Otterbox stock pics are completely inaccurate.

This is the only con:

brownhole01.jpg

vine-boating

macrumors 68010
Aug 10, 2017
I'm not sure. The pic I posted above is pretty accurate to the actual colors, Otterbox stock pics are completely inaccurate.
I find it so weird the way Otterbox package their cases. They leave them open instead of sealed. Isn't the case likely to cause the cases to get scratched in shops from people touching them/warehouses etc..
I have no idea why they do this.

Lyusi

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2021
I can't see it on the Amazon UK store, can you post the link please...

Just write Otterbox cactus leather

Reactions: Zensō

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
I am not a case pro like you
What is the issue with the case, the hole is too big?
No, actually the charge port opening is pretty small (larger cables will not fit through) but there is a little gap where you can see light through the port as pictured above. It's not as noticeable as that picture, but it is there. I can overlook this slight problem as the case is otherwise so good. This is my opinion, your mileage may vary.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.