Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
Spigen ultra hybrid clear case & the Spigen temper glass went on no issues.
I got Apples Clay & Orange Sorbet silicone cases. I'm going to send them both back. I was going to keep the Clay but after comparing the Apple and Spigen I prefer the Spigen so no need in wasting $100
I just got my phone set up, going to use the ultra hybrid case on it with a spigen screen protector. Got the Clay silicone that should be here tomorrow at some point, hoping I like it.

Reactions: Syk

MM07

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2008
Not sure if anyone posted this. Spigen has 25% off on their site.

I know Amazon is cheaper for most cases, but I wanted my usual Slim Armor for the pro max.

Got it for $43. Free shipping.

SuburbanPauper

macrumors member
Apr 9, 2013
Pictured is a custom Casetify Impact case (MagSafe compatible) for the new iPhone 15 Pro (titanium blue). As a bonus, there’s a picture of my new lock screen in use too. :)

Torras glass screen protector is installed on the 15 Pro (flawless install process!) - also highly recommend the ESR armorite protectors.

Attachments

• IMG_5984.jpeg
    IMG_5984.jpeg
    639.7 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_5985.jpeg
    IMG_5985.jpeg
    652.8 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
Reactions: Mudweiser and Mr.C

justinf77

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2003
Got a Smartish Gripmunk for my natural titanium 15PM while I wait for the Dbrand Ghost and Caudabe Sheath.

So far the Gripmunk is much nicer than I thought it would be, the buttons are quite clicky and the fit is mostly great.

My only issue is that the cutout for the USB-C port is a bit too large and there’s a visible gap between the bottom of the port and the case.

swerve147

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2013
Heads up for those that are interested in or bought the Mujjo Shield Case for the 15 Pro Max (I ordered the Steel Blue from Amazon)

Some bad news, the Magsafe functionality does not work due to a production issue. I got an email from Amazon this evening and was refunded the full amount on my credit card, and all stock has been removed from the Amazon listing.

Quote from email:

Notes: We regret to inform that MagSafe charging on the Shield Case does not work. This is a production fault. We are truly sorry for this Issue. Your order has been refunded. We are working quickly to produce new and improved Shield cases.

MiamitoKeyWest

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2021
Reactions: Southernguy

IconIc215

macrumors 65816
Oct 11, 2013
Andar is updating the cases and should be released around October, for everyone who has purchased the original version will get a 20-30% off the updated version.
So are they making more of the red in the revised version for the 15 PM or is what sold it?

Syk

macrumors 65816
Jun 20, 2010
I just got my phone set up, going to use the ultra hybrid case on it with a spigen screen protector. Got the Clay silicone that should be here tomorrow at some point, hoping I like it.
Enjoy. The Spigen has plenty of grip for me. I tried liking the Apple Case but just didn't like the feel. Just did the return to Amazon a little while ago. Will drop them off at the UPS Store tomorrow morning

swerve147

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2013
FYI for anyone looking for the MUJJO Shield. Amazon just processed a FULL refund for my case that came in today out of the blue citing a production issue and that MagSafe doesn't work as intended and they are going to re-engineer the case. It's currently showing now as unavailable, as they likely pulled remaining stock and after people got their new phones today, realized there was a charging issue with them. I won't get my 15 Pro until tomorrow. can anyone confirm MagSafe isn't working with this case that has it in hand?

Same here! I have it in hand, Magsafe does not work unfortunately. 15 Pro Max Steel Blue version.

Joe123Joe

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2022
Andar is updating the cases and should be released around October, for everyone who has purchased the original version will get a 20-30% off the updated version.
Better off just waiting for that. 20% off is a little stingy imo, when they should have had the button in the first place. Especially with companies like Caudabe offering complimentary button versions.

TechnicallyTee

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2013
Atlanta
Better off just waiting for that. 20% off is a little stingy imo, when they should have had the button in the first place. Especially with companies like Caudabe offering complimentary button versions.
True but I’m sure it has something to do with materials. Big difference between Andar and leather vs Caudabe.

Joe123Joe

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2022
True but I’m sure it has something to do with materials. Big difference between Andar and leather vs Caudabe.
That’s valid, but the cost of the case is only 15 dollars difference… could be a bigger discrepancy in price for the company to make it. I just thought they could discount it a little more, but I’m def not shooting the messenger, just putting in my 2 cents.

Reactions: Cerneka

Joe123Joe

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2022
Does anyone know if the cases with buttons for the Action Button are countersunk or anything? I’m worried it will get pressed in my pocket and silence my ringer without my knowledge..

FatCatSings

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2023
Thanks for the update, Tee. I was really excited for the Aspen and was even wiling to make it work with the cutout, but when I put my phone in the case today, I literally couldn’t press the Action button through the tiny hole. Maybe I have fat thumbs 🤣

I grabbed a backup Caudabe Sheath and because of how they engineered the cutout to be tapered, at least I can easily press the button.

Do you happen to know if Andar will be accepting exchanges for the updated version? I already emailed support earlier today but I’m sure they’re slammed.

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
Same here! I have it in hand, Magsafe does not work unfortunately. 15 Pro Max Steel Blue version.

Mine was the steel blue also but for the 15 pro. Wonder if it’s for all cases, all colors or just the blues. Also wonder if it’s all of them affected or just enough to warrant a full stop on them.

WaitingForGuacamole

macrumors regular
Oct 20, 2021
Native Union synthetic "leather" case

IMG_1423.png
IMG_1422.png
IMG_1425.png

The cutouts are a little wonky - they hug the inside holes of the speaker grilles (sorry, this camera angle makes them looked blocked when they aren't really), but it doesn't seem to impact sound at all.

IMG_1424.png

Buttons are responsive, not too stiff at all. Quick shipping from Hong Kong. I ordered on a Saturday night, paid $12 expedited shipping, it shipped Monday and was in Denver on Wednesday. All in all, I'm pretty impressed. This replaces the FineWoven case that is not going on my phone.

Reactions: Mr.C and lyceumHQ

plushboringfrog

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2023
Hard to believe some of these companies can mess up their cases so bad. Especially the ones that cost $50+.

Ordered a Smartish Gripmunk to hold me over for now.

Reactions: Cavefishes

Arcontia

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2017
Pacific Blue FineWoven is actually growing on me now. I feel like in a future release, Apple could still make the back of the case feel even more luxurious, and make the plastic sides feel less nasty (I don’t know how to describe that), but otherwise besides that the case retains everything else we loved about the leather case - the slim and lightweight form factor, as well as the the satisfying aluminised volume buttons.

IMG_2079.jpeg

IMG_2080.jpeg

swerve147

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2013
Mine was the steel blue also but for the 15 pro. Wonder if it’s for all cases, all colors or just the blues. Also wonder if it’s all of them affected or just enough to warrant a full stop on them.
Good point, it may be just a bad batch or it could be the whole production run. I don't think they are asking for the defective case back despite the refund, so essentially a free (albeit defective) case in any event.

Who knows, you might luck out and get a working case for free 👍

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
Good point. I don't think they are asking for the defective case back despite the refund, so essentially a free (defective) case in any event. Who knows, you might luck out and get a working case for free 👍

its still a really nice case. when I get my pro tomorrow I guess ill know for sure if its bad. yea they aren't asking for a return so its a free case, albeit MagSafe doesn't work. I'm upset, I liked it more than all the other cases I got and was looking forward to using it. I may email them and ask exactly what's wrong with it to make it not work. I mean the magnet is there and it grabs the puck.

swerve147

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2013
its still a really nice case. when I get my pro tomorrow I guess ill know for sure if its bad. yea they aren't asking for a return so its a free case, albeit MagSafe doesn't work. I'm upset, I liked it more than all the other cases I got and was looking forward to using it. I may email them and ask exactly what's wrong with it to make it not work. I mean the magnet is there and it grabs the puck.

Yep, the magnet is there with mine too, it just doesn't charge when I have the 15PM in it and attached to an Anker cube, or an OEM Apple puck. Definitely defective.

Agree 100%, it's a really nice case. Good thing it has lanyard loops on both sides, I will probably attach a shoulder strap to it and use it for hiking/city trips, so not completely useless as is. When the defect is confirmed fixed I'll probably give it another go.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.