Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
Yep, the magnet is there with mine too, it just doesn't charge when I have the 15PM in it and attached to an Anker cube, or an OEM Apple puck. Definitely defective.

Agree 100%, it's a really nice case. Good thing it has lanyard loops on both sides, I will probably attach a shoulder strap to it and use it for hiking/city trips, so not completely useless as is. When the defect is confirmed fixed I'll probably give it another go.
definitely will also. I can't imagine this would require a full re-engineering. but it's sad their whole production run just got killed off at the worst imaginable time. I can't believe these weren't tested pre-fab to ensure they would work.

Reactions: swerve147

maverick22

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2012
My list is narrowed down to (in no order):

1) Otterbox Defender Pro
2) Benks Armor Pro
3) Mous Limitless 5
4) Caudabe Synthesis

Which one(s) offers the best drop protection?

mcb13

macrumors member
Feb 2, 2008
California
I like the overpriced simplicity of the Apple silicone cases after some bad luck with various other brands.

Sticking with it this time around again. I bought Clay silicone for my 15 Pro Max and my wife went with Storm Blue for her 15 Pro, both phones in Natural Titanium.

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
I like the overpriced simplicity of the Apple silicone cases after some bad luck with various other brands.

Sticking with it this time around again. I bought Clay silicone for my 15 Pro Max and my wife went with Storm Blue for her 15 Pro, both phones in Natural Titanium.
Good to hear! My clay silicone is coming tomorrow. Going to pair it with my white titanium 😁

Reactions: KO7

TNThomas

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2012
My girlfriend is still not sure what case to buy. Has anyone tried one of the cases below?
  • OtterBox Symmetry
  • Tech21 Evo Lite
  • RhinoShield SolidSuit
Would love to get some opinions. Thanks!

cucafcp

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2019
Portugal
Guys, about the decoded leather case in tan:
+ leather feels really good
+ smells nice too
+ buttons stick out a lot and are extremely clicky
+ camera bump and lay on the table are excellent

- usb c cutout almost does not work with my 3.1 Samsung T7 cable
- the phone looks much thicker

Overall really nice. Will look for a slim clear case for switching around :)

Attachments

• IMG_0014.jpeg
    IMG_0014.jpeg
    281.3 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_0017.jpeg
    IMG_0017.jpeg
    319.2 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_0016.jpeg
    IMG_0016.jpeg
    205.7 KB · Views: 159

CS65

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2023
I have ordered 4 from John Lewis, they are 20% off, 1 clay silicone, taupe and evergreen fine woven and clear plastic, iPhone 15PM is due 2nd to 9th October but JL has about a month to return so plenty of time. I am returning one (evergreen FW) to Apple I bought earlier as 20% price reduction is quite a lot. I quite liked the FW, weren't sure if the evergreen is a bit dark but won't know until phone comes and I see it on it.

stuuke

macrumors regular
Apr 19, 2004
Has anyone tried the previous generation Insignia brand cases at Best Buy? I ordered a cheap case from Amazon to hold me over until I decided on a long term case but they didn't ship. The Insignia and the Apple brand cases are about the only thing in stock nearby for a 15 Pro Max.

Insignia™ - Hard-Shell Case with MagSafe Kickstand for iPhone 15 Pro Max link

Synomenon

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2011

Attachments

• IMG_8753.jpeg
    IMG_8753.jpeg
    233.7 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_8752.jpeg
    IMG_8752.jpeg
    264.4 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_8754.jpeg
    IMG_8754.jpeg
    277.3 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_8751.jpeg
    IMG_8751.jpeg
    352.2 KB · Views: 109

IconIc215

macrumors 65816
Oct 11, 2013
That’s valid, but the cost of the case is only 15 dollars difference… could be a bigger discrepancy in price for the company to make it. I just thought they could discount it a little more, but I’m def not shooting the messenger, just putting in my 2 cents.
Agree with you there. I can find 20% off promo codes just searching online. I am not saying it has to be free, but the discount for their shortcoming should be much more substantial. It almost makes me just want to return the case I bought and just wait.

Datloud

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2020
Caudabe synthesis Natural 15 pro. Action button cutout is no issue. Can easily use.

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
Heads up for those that are interested in or bought the Mujjo Shield Case for the 15 Pro Max (I ordered the Steel Blue from Amazon)

Some bad news, the Magsafe functionality does not work due to a production issue. I got an email from Amazon this evening and was refunded the full amount on my credit card, and all stock has been removed from the Amazon listing.

Quote from email:

Notes: We regret to inform that MagSafe charging on the Shield Case does not work. This is a production fault. We are truly sorry for this Issue. Your order has been refunded. We are working quickly to produce new and improved Shield cases.
Is this only the shield case? What about the normal leather case?

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
Pacific Blue FineWoven is actually growing on me now. I feel like in a future release, Apple could still make the back of the case feel even more luxurious, and make the plastic sides feel less nasty (I don’t know how to describe that), but otherwise besides that the case retains everything else we loved about the leather case - the slim and lightweight form factor, as well as the the satisfying aluminised volume buttons.

View attachment 2277435

View attachment 2277436
You pacific blue FW is much much lighter than other pics you’ve posted haha

Attachments

• IMG_0745.jpeg
    IMG_0745.jpeg
    355 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_0744.jpeg
    IMG_0744.jpeg
    749.9 KB · Views: 161
Reactions: darrinS and KO7

AVBeatMan

Suspended
Nov 10, 2010
Some updates on cases….

UAG reached out to me and they will be correcting the 15 lineup of cases to include a button and should be corrected in about 4 week.

Spoke with Andar and they are still collecting feedback and I’ve stated to them it’s hard to recommend the Aspen when better options release with the button. It’s honestly a no go with the button. Told them that people are jumping ship going to other leather brands and they need to react quickly. Will keep you guys posted if I hear more.

Trying to be a voice to get these cases fixed to give us the best options available.

I got in touch with them and they asked me for further details. I told them the Caudabe have addressed the problem and will be sending out replacement cases with the button in October.

Teach8870

macrumors regular
Jan 3, 2016
Guys, about the decoded leather case in tan:
+ leather feels really good
+ smells nice too
+ buttons stick out a lot and are extremely clicky
+ camera bump and lay on the table are excellent

- usb c cutout almost does not work with my 3.1 Samsung T7 cable
- the phone looks much thicker

Overall really nice. Will look for a slim clear case for switching around :)
Looks beautiful. Would you please show the front of the phone?

tuzii

macrumors member
Sep 2, 2010
Native Union synthetic "leather" case

View attachment 2277398 View attachment 2277399 View attachment 2277400

The cutouts are a little wonky - they hug the inside holes of the speaker grilles (sorry, this camera angle makes them looked blocked when they aren't really), but it doesn't seem to impact sound at all.

View attachment 2277401

Buttons are responsive, not too stiff at all. Quick shipping from Hong Kong. I ordered on a Saturday night, paid $12 expedited shipping, it shipped Monday and was in Denver on Wednesday. All in all, I'm pretty impressed. This replaces the FineWoven case that is not going on my phone.
that QC is rubbish, i hope you didn't pay for that

walds11

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2010
Just picked up my White iPhone this morning and it is stunning! Here it is with the black Pitaka MagEZ Case 4, and it is a stunning combo! It shows off the design and contrasts very nicely with the white and silver finish of the iPhone.

View attachment 2276185 View attachment 2276184
Same contrasting look with my natural titanium 15 Pro 🙌

The edges of the upgraded camera lip are a little sharp on my Pitaka MagEZ Case 4. Not a deal breaker, but noticeable.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.