Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

bigup

macrumors 6502
Mar 7, 2008
United Kingdom
I’ve been using Caudabe Synthesis for my iPhone 15 Pro Max since release. Never comes off unless I’m giving the phone a routine clean. The case looks brand new still. Amazing case.

Sturdy. Great grip, good protection, mag safe super strong, Solid all round case.

Will grab the same for iPhone 16 pro max

Last edited:

richxps

macrumors 68000
Jun 9, 2008
Anyone using peak design cases ? If so how well is it holding up ? It will be my last case for this phone if I order , 16 only a few months out lol

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
I’ve been using Caudabe Synthesis for my iPhone 15 Pro Max since release. Never comes off unless I’m giving the phone a routine clean. The case looks brand new still. Amazing case.

Sturdy. Great grip, good protection, mag safe super strong, Solid all round case.

I’m the same way wit my Sheath.

Joe123Joe

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2022
have an updated UAG Metropolis in black on the way. Due to be delivered tomorrow… case game is boring at the moment so I figured I’d take it for a test ride. I’ll report back

Matt__James

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2014
Anyone with UAG cases - how are the bottom cutouts for resting the phone on your pinky? I tried the Civilian and it really hurt my pinky, and as best I can see from UAG's website the bottom cutouts look identical on all their cases, but would love to know for sure.

Lyusi

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2021
Anyone with UAG cases - how are the bottom cutouts for resting the phone on your pinky? I tried the Civilian and it really hurt my pinky, and as best I can see from UAG's website the bottom cutouts look identical on all their cases, but would love to know for sure.
I think that 90% of cases will hurt your pinky

• Wow
Reactions: Knowlege Bomb

JBlass421

macrumors 68020
Oct 29, 2019

Same here. Tried a few cases in the beginning of the cycle (as usual) of the 15 Pro Max and ultimately just ended up with Gray Synthesis as my daily and no interest in any other cases at this point as it’s perfect imo especially after the revised buttons version. Last year for the 14 Pro Max I ended up with the Black Synthesis.

I gave Sheath a try this year as it was my favorite case for a while before Synthesis became my favorite but the MagSafe indentation bothered me too much, hopefully they fix that issue for the 16 line up. I think they’re both great cases in their own ways.

Reactions: Jimmyone and bigup

juice3250

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2014
I only have two cases. The clear Ringke Fusion and a Spigen magsafe with black edges and semi transparent back. The only magsafe thing I have is a car mount for my phone. But I also have a second phone mount that I swap out that has clips on the sides for when I switch out to my non magsafe case. I also have a glass screen protector so I don't see the need for me to spend more than $20 on a case.

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
DSCF2444.jpeg
I’m back in the OB Symmetry after a long stint in the Synthesis. I like the Synthesis, but I do find the material is hard enough that the case slides around easily when placed face down, particularly in the car. The Symmetry’s hidden superpower is the softer front lip which, like a good pair of sneakers, grabs whatever surface it’s on and keeps the phone from sliding around.

JBlass421

macrumors 68020
Oct 29, 2019
View attachment 2389692 I’m back in the OB Symmetry after a long stint in the Synthesis. I like the Synthesis, but I do find the material is hard enough that the case slides around easily when placed face down, particularly in the car. The Symmetry’s hidden superpower is the softer front lip which, like a good pair of sneakers, grabs whatever surface it’s on and keeps the phone from sliding around.

The Symmetry is nice but my issue with it is how wide it feels compared to the Synthesis tight fit. When it comes to fit Caudabe is hard to beat imo.

mikext

macrumors 6502a
May 26, 2011
Dallas
I think I’m one of the few FineWoven holdouts left, until now. Just ordered the Sheath in gray after seeing so many rave reviews.

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
IMG_2120.jpeg

I did some testing to see which of my cases grip well enough to prevent my phone from sliding around in the car under normal driving conditions. I posted about the Symmetry yesterday, which is very good in this regard. Among my cases, the other is the Nomad Rugged, which has the added advantage of not only being sufficiently grippy when laid face down, but also when resting face up. None of my other cases are grippy enough to avoid slipping around, at least on the console of my car (Volvo XC60). Both of these cases use a soft-ish TPU, which I don’t think is coincidental. The trade-off is that the softer TPU makes both of these cases have a comparatively loose fit.

These are the cases that failed the slide test: Phone Rebel Gen 5, Caudabe Sheath, Caudabe Synthesis, Apple FineWoven, Pitaka Pro, Mous Limitless.

Last edited:

JBlass421

macrumors 68020
Oct 29, 2019
View attachment 2389934
I did some testing to see which of my cases grip well enough to prevent my phone from sliding around in the car under normal driving conditions. I posted about the Symmetry yesterday, which is very good in this regard. Among my cases, the other is the Nomad Rugged, which has the added advantage of not only being sufficiently grippy when laid face down, but also when resting face up. None of my other cases are grippy enough to avoid slipping around, at least on the console of my car (Volvo XC60). Both of these cases use a soft-ish TPU, which I don’t think is coincidental. The trade-off is that the softer TPU makes both of these cases have a comparatively loose fit.

These are the cases that failed the slide test: Phone Rebel Gen 5, Caudabe Sheath, Caudabe Synthesis, Apple FineWoven, Pitaka Pro, Mous Limitless.
I use a MagSafe car mount with my Synthesis so no concerns of it slipping around the car.

IMG_3583.jpeg

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
View attachment 2389934

Makes me want to break out my Nomad rugged 😎

Reactions: Zensō
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.