Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Stiille

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2024
The OtterBox Lumen Series is so nice!
Had it for my 11 Pro, now again for my 15 Pro (the grey one fits so perfectly for the natural titanium!)

AnthroMatt

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2011
Redlands, CA
Speaking of UAG, this arrived today.

Attachments

• 20240627_123310.jpg
    20240627_123310.jpg
    256.7 KB · Views: 83
  • 20240627_123331.jpg
    20240627_123331.jpg
    264.1 KB · Views: 81

Cruncher

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2010
I was using it for a few weeks. I really like it but I dropped it and I have a big marks which annoys me. Also the Magsafe Ring is very present now which is normal for every leather case.
I did go back to the Otterbox Cactus and I am very happy with it. I personally don`t need real leather and patina.

Reactions: AE14

blaine07

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2014
Oklahoma
1cbc02ac89b6000b78eff595b8df5088.jpg

Interesting; anyone willing to take a flyer on a bumper?

rmadsen3

macrumors regular
Aug 9, 2022
Would you all please give me recommendations for a case that's got a raised edge on the front face -- i.e., a big 'front lip'? I've tried most of the big names. I suppose what I'm hoping to find is an obscure product that's big-lipped and rugged.

I use iPhone 14 Pro. I place this post here--in the wrong thread--because I want it to get views!

For the past year I've used Rokform case, which is quoted as having 2.00mm lip at the corners and 1.75mm lip in the space between corners.

Recently I dropped my device. It landed on pavement. It landed face down. Torras screen protector totally wrecked but the device itself undamaged.

I've tried Catalyst Crux, Caudabe Synthesis, Mous, Nomad 'Rugged' (lol absolutely not!), Otterbox DSP and what I think is called XT (the MagSafe version), Pitaka, Smartish, UAG. My findings: UAG lip is good but the sides are so loose! Otterbox DSP, too, is good but it's so grippy that it's hard for me to place inside jeans pocket.

Do you folks know of 'hidden gems' when it comes to big lip?? Two millimeters or more?? Thank you in advance!

Last edited:

Surfsalot

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2023
Would you all please give me recommendations for a case that's got a raised edge on the front face -- i.e., a big 'front lip'? I've tried most of the big names. I suppose what I'm hoping to find is an obscure product that's big-lipped and rugged.

I use iPhone 14 Pro. I place this post here--in the wrong thread--because I want it to get views!

For the past year I've used Rokform case, which is quoted as having 2.00in lip at the corners and 1.75in lip in the space between corners.

Recently I dropped my device. It landed on pavement. It landed face down. Torras screen protector totally wrecked but the device itself undamaged.

I've tried Catalyst Crux, Caudabe Synthesis, Mous, Nomad 'Rugged' (lol absolutely not!), Otterbox DSP and what I think is called XT (the MagSafe version), Pitaka, Smartish, UAG. My findings: UAG lip is good but the sides are so loose! Otterbox DSP, too, is good but it's so grippy that it's hard for me to place inside jeans pocket.

Do you folks know of 'hidden gems' when it comes to big lip?? Two inches or more?? Thank you in advance!
OB Symmetry, good side grip, easy in out pocket, best buttons.
Dropped mine on car door track rail yesterday, cracked/chipped bottom corner of screen protector no phone damage.

• Love
Reactions: rmadsen3

danb1979

macrumors 65816
Feb 5, 2015
Preston, Lancs - UK

For the past year I've used Rokform case, which is quoted as having 2.00in lip at the corners and 1.75in lip in the space between corners.

Do you folks know of 'hidden gems' when it comes to big lip?? Two inches or more?? Thank you in advance!

UAG or Otterbox will do what you're looking for

Which you've already mentioned

I've used UAG cases for years now (12 Pro Max to present 15PM) and never had issues with 'loose sides' and I've hands like shovels!

Sounds like to me you're after a unicorn that's simply not out there

• Love
Reactions: rmadsen3
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.