Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Received the OB Cactus in black today. New favorite case. I’d describe it as a cross between the Apple Leather case and the Caudabe Sheath, but better than either. Surprisingly thin and light, great fit, excellent buttons, fingerprint resistant, comfortable with just the right amount of grip. My only gripe is the small air gap above the port, which is not a deal breaker.

View attachment 2397046

Be careful removing it as that camera ring becomes dislodged pretty easy :oops:

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Digging in the ole case "Drawer of Death" this morning and pulled out the Magsafe Ringke Onyx from the ashes.
Wow, I forgot what a fantastic case this one really is. Rolling in it for today :oops:

Attachments

• ro01.jpg
    ro01.jpg
    710 KB · Views: 95
  • ro02.jpg
    ro02.jpg
    462.9 KB · Views: 90
  • ro03.jpg
    ro03.jpg
    802.8 KB · Views: 78
  • ro04.jpg
    ro04.jpg
    727.1 KB · Views: 86
  • ro05.jpg
    ro05.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 80
  • ro06.jpg
    ro06.jpg
    803.5 KB · Views: 91
  • ro10.jpg
    ro10.jpg
    678.4 KB · Views: 86
  • ro08.jpg
    ro08.jpg
    737.4 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
VERY flimsy sides on that, couldn't use it.
I have the Onyx with Magsafe and the sides are not flimsy on the one I have. Actually it's a really good case. Very slim, strong MagSafe, good buttons, excellent grip, ETC. Also no MagSafe ring/marks after charging. Still on my for for 2 days straight now.

Pug72

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2012
England
I have the Onyx with Magsafe and the sides are not flimsy on the one I have. Actually it's a really good case. Very slim, strong MagSafe, good buttons, excellent grip, ETC. Also no MagSafe ring/marks after charging. Still on my for for 2 days straight now.
Mine had virtually no resistance when pulling the sides out and even worse where the buttons are. Too easy to let dust & grit in. I don't mind a little give but....

Surfsalot

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2023
Been using the Spigen Ultra Black Frost for a few days, great case and looks good with the blue max.
Magsafe is much better than the symmetry I have been using for 7 months.

Surfsalot

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2023
Is the Symmetry good?

O2 are selling them here for £17.50!
Yeah if you get a good one, i did, they can be saggy on bottom and sides, not the slimmest but good protection. MagSafe strength is ok not great.
Smooth back some don’t like I do.
Excellent buttons.
I returned every other case I tried and kept it.

Reactions: Grayburn

Surfsalot

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2023
I got the Spigen Ultra black frosted over the ESR same, don't like the camera ring or the bumps on the corners of the ESR.
WAs $35 v $18AU though.

Delorean2006

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2012
prefer my "protective" style cases, been rocking the symmetry for months and finally bit the bullet for the blue nomad "rugged" during their sale this week. Excited for it to come next week. Tried tons of cases on my 15PM and only the symmetry has been the case I liked, I've returned everything I've purchased and I hope the Nomad Rugged is great protective alternative

Reactions: Zensō and rmadsen3

Surfsalot

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2023
prefer my "protective" style cases, been rocking the symmetry for months and finally bit the bullet for the blue nomad "rugged" during their sale this week. Excited for it to come next week. Tried tons of cases on my 15PM and only the symmetry has been the case I liked, I've returned everything I've purchased and I hope the Nomad Rugged is great protective alternative
Same, using the Spigen ultra hybrid now, was looking at the nomad too.

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
I’ve slacked off on buying cases for the last couple of months. I haven’t found anything that caught my eye, and I regret this blue titanium. This is the first time I’ve regretted the color of my iPhone. It’s sad because I’m not upgrading this year, so I’ll be stuck with this phone until next year.

Reactions: Hooterville

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
I’ve slacked off on buying cases for the last couple of months. I haven’t found anything that caught my eye, and I regret this blue titanium. This is the first time I’ve regretted the color of my iPhone. It’s sad because I’m not upgrading this year, so I’ll be stuck with this phone until next year.
I'm not upgrading this year either. Wonder how that new button on the 16 will work with cases?

Here's a tip: always choose black when getting a new phone.

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
I'm not upgrading this year either. Wonder how that new button on the 16 will work with cases?

Here's a tip: always choose black when getting a new phone.
I always run with the new color and since blue is my favorite color, I thought I would love it. It’s too dark and boring now. I’ve been using it without a case, so I have a couple little dents. I was looking at skins thinking a new color might do the trick. I wish I would’ve went with the Natural Titanium like I originally wanted.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.