Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Surfsalot

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2023
I’ve slacked off on buying cases for the last couple of months. I haven’t found anything that caught my eye, and I regret this blue titanium. This is the first time I’ve regretted the color of my iPhone. It’s sad because I’m not upgrading this year, so I’ll be stuck with this phone until next year.
Love the blue and I always get black.
Looks good in the Spigen Ultra Frosted Black, imo anyway.
I had the NT originally but was too dull/grey for my liking.

IMG_0037.jpeg

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
Love the blue and I always get black.
Looks good in the Spigen Ultra Frosted Black, imo anyway.
I had the NT originally but was too dull/grey for my liking.

View attachment 2398651
All of the cases I have are either blue or clear trimmed in blue, to match the titanium blue. None of them have any color, so they are boring now. I learned my lesson to go with my first instinct now. I’m looking for other cases to compliment the blue that is another color besides blue and clear.

danb1979

macrumors 65816
Feb 5, 2015
Preston, Lancs - UK
Gone for the Otterbox Defender XT case in clear/black today as it's £21 on Amazon UK!

I did order it this morning but it was full price (£48); had another look and all of a sudden it's on offer for 'Prime Members Only' - cheeky sods... Cancelled that order toot-sweet!

Reactions: Hooterville

Itsedstech

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2011
Kansas
After running the aspen pokadot case I got from hooterville for 3 days, I went ahead and ordered a fine woven case. Missed the thinness. Hopefully that’s it for cases from me until the new phone in 2 months

reiichiroh

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2009
Think I'll be going for the ESR Frosted case when I get the iPhone 16, they do seem to get good reviews.

This is a hidden gem for only $20 you get tempered glass screen protector, camera lens protector along with the case. The buttons are customizable but ESR doesn't sell a set of differently coloured ones or a whole set like RhinoShield and Flolab do. Except for not being to customize the area around the cameras, it's a cheaper alternative to the Flolab Surtect and RhinoShield somrthing-suit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Big Stevie

Big Stevie

macrumors 65816
Jun 20, 2012
UK
I’ve slacked off on buying cases for the last couple of months. I haven’t found anything that caught my eye, and I regret this blue titanium. This is the first time I’ve regretted the color of my iPhone. It’s sad because I’m not upgrading this year, so I’ll be stuck with this phone until next year.

I'm contemplating the blue iPhone 16 pro, what is it you don't like about the blue? Have you just gone off the colour?

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
I'm contemplating the blue iPhone 16 pro, what is it you don't like about the blue? Have you just gone off the colour?
The blue titanium is dark and dull. The only color cases I have are dark blue and clear. If it was a lighter blue, I would probably feel different about the color. I had the deep purple 14PM and stuck with that for 2 years and loved that color.

Reactions: Big Stevie

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
This case is looking sweet. Does it leave any MagSafe ring on the back?
I'm using the new Belkin Qi2 charger and it has a soft silicone pad and you can see some smudging on the back after a full charge but it wipes right off 100%

Prototypical

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2011
Nebraska
Sooo after 10 month what’s everyone’s thoughts on the cases they have tried so far?

After the Apple silicone, multiple Pitaka Pros, and now the Nomad Sport, I'm 100% happy with the Nomad Sport and haven't felt the need to find anything else. Great feel in the hand, great fitment, great buttons, just the right amount of grip, looks beautiful, surprisingly durable (very little wear on the shiny backplate), strong MagSafe... I'm seriously tempted to pick up 1-2 other colors while they're on sale.

richxps

macrumors 68000
Jun 9, 2008
I'm using the Spigen GlasTR screen protector on the 15PM and it's a perfect fit with the Defender XT frame. Does not touch or bother the protector at all. I tried to get a couple pics:

View attachment 2398999 View attachment 2399000
This case is growing on me, maybe my last before the 16 . Can you also share if your phone got any scratches from not having any felt lining ? I recall older defenders had some soft padding inside .
Thanks

Reactions: Hooterville

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
This case is growing on me, maybe my last before the 16 . Can you also share if your phone got any scratches from not having any felt lining ? I recall older defenders had some soft padding inside .
Thanks
No scratches at all. The XT has a rubber lining around the inside edges. The only hard plastic that touches the phone is the inside back and the little plastic frame that secures the phone in the case. I haven't seen any damage from either and my OCD is off the charts. Keep in mind this case is HUGE ;)

Reactions: richxps

roey.shenberg

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2014
Well,

I know that this forum is Caudabe fanboys

This what happened to my Synthesis.

I’m replacing a lot of cases and I didn’t use it much,

I took it off today and the magnet was stuck to the back of my phone.

Disappointing, I really liked this case.

Attachments

• IMG_6776.jpeg
    IMG_6776.jpeg
    338.9 KB · Views: 59

JBlass421

macrumors 68020
Oct 29, 2019
Well,

I know that this forum is Caudabe fanboys

This what happened to my Synthesis.

I’m replacing a lot of cases and I didn’t use it much,

I took it off today and the magnet was stuck to the back of my phone.

Disappointing, I really liked this case.

Is that the revised version? If not or even if it is, Caudabe will replace it for you for free. Just reach out to them, they’re really great at that.

That issue is from their early ones, I had that issue as well.

They revised it with better buttons and no more MagSafe dislodging issue.

I always try a few cases at the beginning of the cycle then settle down to one and Synthesis has been it for me.

I regularly take it out of the case to clean it and never had that issue once they sent out the revised version.

Reactions: Zensō

roey.shenberg

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2014
Is that the revised version? If not or even if it is, Caudabe will replace it for you for free. Just reach out to them, they’re really great at that.

That issue is from their early ones, I had that issue as well.

They revised it with better buttons and no more MagSafe dislodging issue.

I always try a few cases at the beginning of the cycle then settle down to one and Synthesis has been it for me.

I regularly take it out of the case to clean it and never had that issue once they sent out the revised version.
I ordered it in November so I assume this is the first version

I sent then an email, waiting for a response, they will probably replace it I know.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.